Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820926 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #2880 on: July 17, 2021, 05:17:10 PM »
George Noory still sucks just like his little buddy George Senda

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2881 on: July 17, 2021, 05:45:32 PM »
I got to go with @CronkitesGhost on this one, it seems like he doesn't have a passion for anything. Sure he mentions movies and TV, but hardly anything from the past 35 years and even when he does reference a "classic" it's such a narrow scope and generic references. I honestly don't know what his interests are, is he into hunting? is he into sports?

A big red flag for me was that I never recall Noory every taking an extended vacation of even just a week. He's an Elvis fan, he never wanted to take a week and visit Graceland & Tennessee? The pyramids in Egypt? Visit baseball stadiums across America. Just take an RV and travel and see the landscape. Visit his motherland or any oversea country. For two decades he been doing this and never had an itch to take break and enjoy something. I think it's a bit sad that he has no real passion or interest for anything

Noory only takes off one day at a time, Fridays and thats usually for him to go to Denver to tape his "Beyond Bull-leaf" pay streaming shows.
He has said he now gets lots of extra paid vacation time but uses it only for extra Fridays off, never takes a real vacation.
Noory is probably afraid if he took a week off, the guest hosts might get better ratings them him for a sustained period that might get noticed by the bosses?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2882 on: July 17, 2021, 05:47:44 PM »
i've listened to a minimum of 1000 hours of Noory and he has zero interest and knowledge of anything other than his own job. every subject under the sun at one time or another has come up on Coast and he has nothing to offer other than the most obvious on any of them, from movies to sports to history to science to music to tv to politics .......

i don't even know how he deals with family, he has kids and grandchildren and rarely talks about any of them - a granddaughter is taking flying lessons off the top of my head is all I remember.  he never talks about doing anything with them. he must have a house in St. Louis, do his kids/grandkids go over there - I imagine the conversation runs out in about 10 minutes followed by awkward silence until his kid says 'hokaaay, nice seeing you Dad, we're gonna get going I guess'

The only thing I recall he has mentioned doing regularly with his family back in St. Louis is on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas - claims thats when he cooks a big meal for him and some of his family there.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2883 on: July 17, 2021, 06:05:55 PM »
The only thing I recall he has mentioned doing regularly with his family back in St. Louis is on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas - claims thats when he cooks a big meal for him and some of his family there.
Hmmm, for sure Thanksgiving, I can imagine what Snorge thinks is preparing a big meal.  Seeing how many convenience store turkey sandwiches he can load in his car.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They no doubt go well with this stuff.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2884 on: July 17, 2021, 06:18:53 PM »
How could we possibly know that?  Maybe it just hasn't come up yet.  Maybe it's fly fishing or candlepin bowling.  Maybe it's Weimaraners -- not the dogs, the people.  Maybe pre-20th Century calypso music.  He might even have a "Cower, mortals!" topic of expertise.

Ahhh, thus the reason for another really long contract! Another 18 years to get to some of those topics is needed. 🙄🙄🙄 PremRat knows it's money in the pocket.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2885 on: July 17, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
i don't even know how he deals with family, he has kids and grandchildren and rarely talks about any of them - a granddaughter is taking flying lessons off the top of my head is all I remember.  he never talks about doing anything with them. he must have a house in St. Louis, do his kids/grandkids go over there - I imagine the conversation runs out in about 10 minutes followed by awkward silence until his kid says 'hokaaay, nice seeing you Dad, we're gonna get going I guess'

It may have been 5 or 6 years ago but I do recall Noory talking about his son and family were going through a rough time and they were staying at Noory's house in St. Louis until they essentially got back on their feet again.  So, he seems to be supportive.

He has his Mom on the show but has he ever visited her?  I don't remember him mentioning that.  You'd think he would since he has her on the program occasionally, she's up in years, and he clearly is a Momma's boy.

His sister passed away years ago but no mention of going to the funeral.  He announced her passing on the air and attributed it to cell phone use.

I don't believe that Noory feels compassion.  Whether it be towards his childhood pets, friends, or family.  Nothing he says comes across as genuine.

It's fun being an Armchair Psychologist.  :D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2886 on: July 17, 2021, 09:04:30 PM »
I don't believe that Noory feels compassion.  Whether it be towards his childhood pets, friends, or family.  Nothing he says comes across as genuine.

It's fun being an Armchair Psychologist.  :D

He gets it.
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2887 on: July 18, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »
How could we possibly know that?  Maybe it just hasn't come up yet.  Maybe it's fly fishing or candlepin bowling.  Maybe it's Weimaraners -- not the dogs, the people.  Maybe pre-20th Century calypso music.  He might even have a "Cower, mortals!" topic of expertise.

He has a zest for  harmonicas.

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2888 on: July 18, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »

There are a few topics that George appears to take a great interest in, including the exorcism case in St Louis that was the basis for "The Exorcist."  The best interview I've ever hear him do was with a former lay Catholic brother who was at the St Louis hospital when the exorcism was performed.  Oddly, the latter part of that interview dealt with the brother telling a story about the seminary where he studied being attacked by Indians.  I think the seminary was in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2889 on: July 19, 2021, 08:39:17 AM »
Hmmm, for sure Thanksgiving, I can imagine what Snorge thinks is preparing a big meal.
A lot of pizza rolls in the microwave.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2890 on: July 19, 2021, 09:37:54 AM »
A lot of pizza rolls in the microwave.

Better than leatherized duck. 🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2891 on: July 21, 2021, 11:47:30 PM »
Old Walt the skeptic caller just called in again, to give his "all due respect" to the guest, Michael Cremo.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2892 on: July 23, 2021, 06:00:19 PM »
Noory cut off his guest early last night so he could replay another of his old readings, the Edgar Allen Poe "Telltale Heart" again.
He claimed some listener pleaded that he play it since his dead grandmother loved it... :P

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2893 on: July 23, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
Noory cut off his guest early last night so he could replay another of his old readings, the Edgar Allen Poe "Telltale Heart" again.
He claimed some listener pleaded that he play it since his dead grandmother loved it... :P
Ha!  I’m sure a 3 day weekend ahead for Snorge had nothing to do with his usual early skip out. ;) 

Chuckles Willis tonight.  ::)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2894 on: July 23, 2021, 06:20:58 PM »
Someone should let Julie PremSuck know he's cheating on her...
Eh, nevermind...