Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 281335 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1530 on: August 07, 2022, 11:37:00 AM »
... I always hated the natives coming on talking about earth changes and shit like the white buffalo and what the elders said and so-on and so-on.

Hard Pass. Stick to bannock and rain dancing...

I don't want to hear a show focused on earth changes either, we get enough of that as it is.

Art of course would have fake Indians full of BS like Drunk Elk, but I think there were a few shows with actual Native American Elders coming on to talk about their ancient myths and oral traditions and the wisdom that had been handed down for generations.  I'd rather hear their honest traditions regarding the future than any of the charlatans Art loved so much.

I never heard any of the shows with real elders on, those shows seem rare, sometimes I'd check and I'd missed one from the night before and be annoyed.  If I ever went back to listen to old shows some of those would be near the top of the list.

Graham Hancock interviewing some of these people, if they were willing to talk, would be fantastic.  I think he may be onto something with his theory about an ancient civilization with a global reach and their religion that has been completely wiped out and lost, and maybe some of these indigenous peoples still have a smattering of knowledge about it somewhere in their myths and oral traditions.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1531 on: August 07, 2022, 01:18:54 PM »
I don't want to hear a show focused on earth changes either, we get enough of that as it is.

Art of course would have fake Indians full of BS like Drunk Elk, but I think there were a few shows with actual Native American Elders coming on to talk about their ancient myths and oral traditions and the wisdom that had been handed down for generations.  I'd rather hear their honest traditions regarding the future than any of the charlatans Art loved so much.

I never heard any of the shows with real elders on, those shows seem rare, sometimes I'd check and I'd missed one from the night before and be annoyed.  If I ever went back to listen to old shows some of those would be near the top of the list.

Graham Hancock interviewing some of these people, if they were willing to talk, would be fantastic.  I think he may be onto something with his theory about an ancient civilization with a global reach and their religion that has been completely wiped out and lost, and maybe some of these indigenous peoples still have a smattering of knowledge about it somewhere in their myths and oral traditions.
You may be referring to the Hopi elders. They were on one time with a translator, was a long arduous task for Art but in the end it was certainly worth it. Although, they did cover some of the usual earth changes that of course.. have not come to fruition all these years after their dated timelines.

At least drunk elk was funny. Ghostwolf and Morningsky are the unlistenable culprits IMO.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1532 on: August 07, 2022, 01:31:14 PM »
You may be referring to the Hopi elders. They were on one time with a translator, was a long arduous task for Art but in the end it was certainly worth it. Although, they did cover some of the usual earth changes that of course.. have not come to fruition all these years after their dated timelines.

At least drunk elk was funny. Ghostwolf and Morningsky are the unlistenable culprits IMO.
The show I recently heard Art called Ghostwolf "Morningsky." It was funny and understandable... They are cut from the same cloth.  AB later brought up Morningsky and asked about him.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1533 on: August 07, 2022, 04:12:03 PM »
Now listening to the first Mel's Hole show. Little piece of trivia here. Everybody knows about the superglue on the lips incident, I think? Turns out this was the night it happened.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1534 on: August 07, 2022, 04:14:51 PM »
Now listening to the first Mel's Hole show. Little piece of trivia here. Everybody knows about the superglue on the lips incident, I think? Turns out this was the night it happened.
Split show!

Two legends: One show!
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1535 on: August 07, 2022, 05:16:47 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1536 on: August 07, 2022, 10:36:52 PM »
This popped up on my recommended videos...

AB!
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1537 on: August 07, 2022, 11:27:21 PM »
Another recommended video (skip to 10:30)...  Another Art Bell reference...

Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1538 on: August 08, 2022, 05:40:17 AM »
@Walks_At_Night  Are you into P2 yet? I'm at the end of P1. These guys yammer and yammer but they do keep it just good enough to continue listening. Makes for great morning coffee - but for six hours? That's alot of coffee.

Made it through finally @KSM - ironic in that I gave up on the original Mel when first broadcast when he said that dead dog got back alive again after the corpse was deep sixed in the hole. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1539 on: August 08, 2022, 08:42:30 AM »
Made it through finally @KSM - ironic in that I gave up on the original Mel when first broadcast when he said that dead dog got back alive again after the corpse was deep sixed in the hole.
Yeah, and they did briefly cover the dead dog/back to life dog as they quickly made the Pet Cemetery reference. I'll have to dive in to P2 tonight.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1540 on: August 09, 2022, 06:28:50 PM »
U7 playing a Robert W. Morgan show and talking about legal ramifications of shooting a Bigfoot. Art seemed rather convinced.

Master thespian!?!?!!!?!??!?!!
Eh, nevermind...

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #1541 on: August 11, 2022, 02:12:12 AM »
I'M ALPHA AF

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1542 on: August 17, 2022, 12:05:46 PM »
Sounds like someone either bought or got the rights somehow...  Or they're banking on Airyn's complacency while distracted with other shiny things...

https://mobile.twitter.com/dmradionet

Where is Keith Rowland when you need him... That is a name I haven't said or thought of for ages...
Eh, nevermind...

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #1543 on: August 19, 2022, 10:49:29 PM »
I'M ALPHA AF

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #1544 on: August 20, 2022, 12:27:32 AM »
Sounds like someone either bought or got the rights somehow...  Or they're banking on Airyn's complacency while distracted with other shiny things...

https://mobile.twitter.com/dmradionet

Where is Keith Rowland when you need him... That is a name I haven't said or thought of for ages...

Guessing it was sold yet again. The folks who bought it from Keith, launched a show but it failed pretty quickly. There was also a legal battle. Not sure what became of that. Wait, that was midnight in the desert.

This group is claiming to be from Dark Matter on XM. Which strangely, Art didn’t seem to enjoy working with they are trying to brand new show on artbell.net

Claiming to have everyone but Keith on board. That would have to include producers Paul Bowman and Evan Winkofsky ?

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2021/05/06/art-bell-midnight-in-the-desert-dark-matter-archives-conspiracy-radio-nj-lawsuit/7217471002/

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2021/05/06/art-bell-midnight-in-the-desert-dark-matter-archives-conspiracy-radio-nj-lawsuit/7217471002/