Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 279960 times)

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #900 on: July 26, 2020, 07:34:26 AM »
John Lear posted this on Facebook yesterday.  :-\

The Truth About My Friend Art Bell

A couple of days ago I got a call from a close friend who released me from my promise to keep everything I knew about Art Bells passing a secret. I don’t know exactly what has changed but my friend released me from the secret and so here goes.

My friend Art Bell committed suicide April 13, 2018. Art killed himself with an overdose of prescription pain killers which included  oxycodone and hydrocodone, the sedative diazepam and the muscle-relaxant carisoprodol in his system, according to Clark County Coroner John Fudenberg.

You and I will never know the final thoughts that drove Art to take his own life but I suspect it had something to do with an affair he was having that someone was threatening to expose.

Art left a recording, in his own voice, a will, that outlined 40 specific instructions about what he wanted done after this passing. Art left well over $10 million in his estate.

Please don’t ask me for any additional information because I don’t have any. Art and I weren’t all that close after 911 because he had trouble accepting it was an inside job.

But Art has always given me credit for starting him on the road the paranormal which led him to millions of listeners world wide.

John Lear July 25, 2020

https://www.facebook.com/JohnOlsenLear/posts/1224865587905992

I really hope it’s not true and John Lear has just gone looney toons again.  But since everything surrounding Art’s death has been so weird, I guess anything is possible.
😕

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #901 on: July 26, 2020, 08:17:36 AM »
I really hope it’s not true and John Lear has just gone looney toons again.

Ditto.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #902 on: July 26, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »
Ditto.
So, both of you hope that Lear is crazy? 😁
Eh, nevermind...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
« Reply #903 on: July 26, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »
So, both of you hope that Lear is crazy? 😁

I think we are used to John Lear’s off the wall doings and it is much easier to accept than think Art would commit suicide for any reason. 😕

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #904 on: July 26, 2020, 12:36:10 PM »
I think we are used to John Lear’s off the wall doings and it is much easier to accept than think Art would commit suicide for any reason. 😕

Hell, I think John Lear is one of those soulless bastards. In the same league as Falkie and Heather.

Doing a GoFundMe like he did, for an air conditioning unit at a house that he was selling did it for me. 
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #905 on: July 26, 2020, 01:09:03 PM »
It was listening to Art's guests that convinced me the paranormal is BS.  If these charlatans were the best representatives of their specific areas, then it was all crap.  John Lear was one of the least convincing, i.e., full of shit.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #906 on: July 26, 2020, 01:13:20 PM »
It was listening to Art's guests that convinced me the paranormal is BS.  If these charlatans were the best representatives of their specific areas, then it was all crap.  John Lear was one of the least convincing, i.e., full of shit.
#WooIsDead
Eh, nevermind...

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #907 on: August 03, 2020, 04:03:37 AM »
I was listening to some the Art of Talk

- Art didn't actually charter the flight to save the ophans in Vietnam. What actually happened was there were stories circulating that the North Vietnamese were going to kill or treat very badly the bastard children of American soliders with Vietnamese women who were put in orphanages. Art raised money to help pay for the flight another organization was involved and seemingly handled the logistics. This is much more believable than what that spurned lover of Art's had to say.

- When Art was at KDWN the guy who had the over night job just read the newspaper and would hardly take calls. When Art took over he solicited more calls. The Plaza hotel where the broadcast was stationed from previously paid for the phone bill as the radio station would promote them. When Art took over the phone bill jumped to $12,000 or something so hotel refused to pay for it.

- Art quitting and coming back was nothing new. Art frequently quit jobs. When he was at KDWN the station manager would frequently hire and fire him. He would also frequently quit.

-The owner of KDWN fired Art for a few minutes when Art was pissed off they wanted to get rid of the news break. Art said he needed the break to piss and get coffee and take a break. The owner eventually capitulated.

-KDWN refused to carry the full show so Art went to a different affiliate in Vegas.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #908 on: August 03, 2020, 07:34:50 AM »
I was listening to some the Art of Talk

- When Art was at KDWN the guy who had the over night job just read the newspaper and would hardly take calls. When Art took over he solicited more calls. The Plaza hotel where the broadcast was stationed from previously paid for the phone bill as the radio station would promote them. When Art took over the phone bill jumped to $12,000 or something so hotel refused to pay for it.

Thanks for posting this.  I gotta go back and listen again.

I forgot about that...  Humm, so Art succeeded a Heather-type failure. 

I kind of regret not getting an autographed copy of that book (and others) at the 2005 fundraiser for the Henderson, Nevada library.  $1 or $2 at the most. If I recall, there were a few of each title. Maybe my memory belies me and Art was actually there signing copies and taking all the Asian girls' phone numbers.  🙄🙄🙄🙄

Too soon?

Eh, nevermind...

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
« Reply #909 on: August 03, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »
I really hope it’s not true and John Lear has just gone looney toons again.  But since everything surrounding Art’s death has been so weird, I guess anything is possible.
😕

This is the same rumor trolls were passing in bellgab. Not one actor in the story has verified any part of that story. Not a single One take it with a huge grain of salt.

Heather, Karen, and Airyn have all said that story is bunk. Although Heather maintains is was a suicide. But the details are 100% different.

It’s also worth noting the pills in his system were not in and of them self enough to kill someone. It was they fact he had been in them so long and it had built up in his system and the fact he had severe underlying medical conditions that killed him.

I don’t know what happened. But I dont believe anything Lear says or Heather for that matter.

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
« Reply #910 on: August 03, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I gotta go back and listen again.

I forgot about that...  Humm, so Art succeeded a Heather-type failure. 

I kind of regret not getting an autographed copy of that book (and others) at the 2005 fundraiser for the Henderson, Nevada library.  $1 or $2 at the most. If I recall, there were a few of each title. Maybe my memory belies me and Art was actually there signing copies and taking all the Asian girls' phone numbers.  🙄🙄🙄🙄

Too soon?

Art made it sound like the guy he took over for used to be a good host, was near retirement age and just sort of gave up. He actually made him sound a lot like Noory. Just mailing it in.

Well except Noory always sucked. But the checked out part was accurate.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #911 on: August 03, 2020, 01:52:09 PM »
Art made it sound like the guy he took over for used to be a good host, was near retirement age and just sort of gave up. He actually made him sound a lot like Noory. Just mailing it in.

Well except Noory always sucked. But the checked out part was accurate.

Haha, library pun.
Eh, nevermind...

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #912 on: August 05, 2020, 08:32:58 AM »
I'M ALPHA AF

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #913 on: August 05, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »
Wow...does a true alpha need to repost the same thing in different threads?

This seems to be so desperate.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #914 on: August 05, 2020, 10:08:52 AM »
Wow...does a true alpha need to repost the same thing in different threads?

This seems to be so desperate.

Don’t bother. He’s entirely one note and will just call you a bullying boomer troll.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.