Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 231406 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #1770 on: July 19, 2021, 04:52:08 PM »
I’ve been to the new Camden Yards to watch a game. Baltimore is a shithole. The ballpark is decent but it’s like a polished turd floating in a cesspool.
LOL. Now, you remind me of someone. But yes, I have heard that about Baltimore a lot. Poor city, has an image problem.  :-\ Has it always been that way? I've been hearing that for twenty years. At some point it was...livable?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1771 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:52 PM »
LOL. Now, you remind me of someone. But yes, I have heard that about Baltimore a lot. Poor city, has an image problem.  :-\ Has it always been that way? I've been hearing that for twenty years. At some point it was...livable?

I first had to travel there in the late 90’s so I can’t say before that. But by 2000 it sure was. Real shame the money that has been dumped in there.

Recent news: 41% of Baltimore high school students finished with a D average. I think they assume D means Democrat.

https://news.yahoo.com/least-41-baltimore-high-school-121900046.html
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1772 on: July 19, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »
Windy today, you can still see smoke about halfway down

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1773 on: July 21, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »
I took a 3 mile walk to go eat at a Thai restaurant I found last week. It’s a in a pretty busy part of Rockville. Lots of businesses and traffic but I had cut through a neighborhood to stay away from the noise of the traffic. I spend a lot of time in the woods so I was surprised when I heard a doe bleat. I slowed down and scouted around and saw this doe grazing on an easement.

But I knew it couldn’t have been the one that bleated because the direction and distance was wrong. Not far away I spotted these 3 deer. It’s kind of hard to see but the one in the back is a young buck with his antlers still in velvet. I was a bit sad that I saw 3 does but none of them had a fawn with them. This time of year there should be fawns.

As far as lunch, the Yum Woon Sen was delicious and plentiful.

Are we having fun yet?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #1774 on: July 21, 2021, 03:53:14 PM »
Windy today, you can still see smoke about halfway down

@anniem OUTSTANDING PHOTO!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1775 on: July 21, 2021, 03:55:49 PM »
This looks like Hydrangea @FISH . I'm super jealous, they are so hard to grow here and are usually scraggily little specimens when they are managed but when we were in New England last week they were everywhere- and HUGE! I WANT!!!
@PolkaDot NEW ENGLAND, kind of close by me. ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1776 on: July 21, 2021, 04:00:38 PM »
I took a 3 mile walk to go eat at a Thai restaurant I found last week. It’s a in a pretty busy part of Rockville. Lots of businesses and traffic but I had cut through a neighborhood to stay away from the noise of the traffic. I spend a lot of time in the woods so I was surprised when I heard a doe bleat. I slowed down and scouted around and saw this doe grazing on an easement.

But I knew it couldn’t have been the one that bleated because the direction and distance was wrong. Not far away I spotted these 3 deer. It’s kind of hard to see but the one in the back is a young buck with his antlers still in velvet. I was a bit sad that I saw 3 does but none of them had a fawn with them. This time of year there should be fawns.

As far as lunch, the Yum Woon Sen was delicious and plentiful.

@GravitySucks great photos. Enjoy your travels.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1777 on: July 21, 2021, 09:33:20 PM »
@anniem OUTSTANDING PHOTO!

Thank you, @FISH
It would have been pretty sad to lose those trees due to incompetent government management of a fire.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #1778 on: July 23, 2021, 01:21:50 PM »

Here we have some of my garden rocks.  Let's have a closer look at that one in the foreground, shall we?

It is about four inches long and surprisingly, you can open it up.

Inside of the rock is a fern fossil, approximately 300 million years old and still counting.  It is a long extinct Pecopteris fern and it grew in Mazon Creek, Pennsylvania when the area was very swampy, and hot.  More like the tropics, oddly enough.  The present day continents of the earth weren't around back then.  There was only one large super continent and scientists call it Pangea.  Over millions of years, the super continent broke up and became our present day group of continents.  Interestingly, you can see a live fern at the top of the photo.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1779 on: July 23, 2021, 07:56:03 PM »

Here we have some of my garden rocks.  Let's have a closer look at that one in the foreground, shall we?

Inside of the rock is a fern fossil, approximately 300 million years old and still counting.  It is a long extinct Pecopteris fern and it grew in Mazon Creek, Pennsylvania when the area was very swampy, and hot.  More like the tropics, oddly enough.  The present day continents of the earth weren't around back then.  There was only one large super continent and scientists call it Pangea.  Over millions of years, the super continent broke up and became our present day group of continents.  Interestingly, you can see a live fern at the top of the photo.

WOW that is terrific!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1780 on: July 25, 2021, 11:26:03 AM »

"It is a long extinct Pecopteris fern and it grew in Mazon Creek, Pennsylvania when the area was very swampy, and hot." @Rikki Gins .
I like your story and your rocks.
Gettysburg PA is about a 2 / 3 hour drive away from my home. The first time you visit Gettysburg, you are overwhelmed by the history.
By the 10th visit you are are looking for the dinosaur footprints.

https://www.gettysburgdaily.com/gettysburg-dinosaur-footprints/

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #1781 on: July 25, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »
"It is a long extinct Pecopteris fern and it grew in Mazon Creek, Pennsylvania when the area was very swampy, and hot." @Rikki Gins .
I like your story and your rocks.
Gettysburg PA is about a 2 / 3 hour drive away from my home. The first time you visit Gettysburg, you are overwhelmed by the history.
By the 10th visit you are are looking for the dinosaur footprints.

https://www.gettysburgdaily.com/gettysburg-dinosaur-footprints/

@FISH  Dinosaurs at Gettysburg!  Now that I didn't know.  There is just a chance that the Pecopteris ferns might still have been around when the dinosaurs appeared.  I wonder if the plant eating dinosaurs ate ferns?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1782 on: July 25, 2021, 01:58:10 PM »
@FISH  Dinosaurs at Gettysburg!  Now that I didn't know.  There is just a chance that the Pecopteris ferns might still have been around when the dinosaurs appeared.  I wonder if the plant eating dinosaurs ate ferns?

@Rikki Gins  I am glad that you like my stories. I collect stories and visit historical place that have local legends. I like your stories/threads.
I would visit Gettysburg during the winter months--off season. While staying at a dirty cheap motel in Gettysburg, there was a guy who was repainting the HAUNTED room. The painter and I had a nice chat. He was a tour guide during the summer.  There are a few locations that have local legends in Gettysburg.
For fifty dollars, the painter took us on a private tour of the battlefield. The tour was four hours long. The painter made me promise that I would not return to the mass grave with a metal detector. I would NEVER rob a grave. The painter was a great tour guide. We saw it all.
*Dinosaurs' foot prints. These dinosaurs ate Pecopteris ferns  ;)
*Confederate fallen soldiers buried in a mass grave and not reburied in a cemetery
*Why is the newly painted room haunted

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #1783 on: July 28, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »

EllGab Garden Walk In A Neighboring Town That I Have To Drive To.  Here is an irrigation ditch that I like to walk by.  A good fifty percent of the time there are ducks swimming in there.  This was a couple months back.  The water has since been turned off due to drought conditions.     

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1784 on: July 28, 2021, 05:02:25 PM »

EllGab Garden Walk In A Neighboring Town That I Have To Drive To.  Here is an irrigation ditch that I like to walk by.  A good fifty percent of the time there are ducks swimming in there.  This was a couple months back.  The water has since been turned off due to drought conditions.     

Pretty!