Author Topic: Take the Girl out of the Grunge  (Read 32930 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Take the Girl out of the Grunge
« Reply #735 on: January 20, 2024, 10:23:11 AM »
Since it has nothing in common with southern rock, what was the thinking there? 

''We suck, but we want to sell albums anyway so we'll piggyback on something people do like and market ourselves as ''southern hard rock'', without saying the word ''hard'' makes it distinctly different''?

It's all waffles and pancakes to me.  :P

There are so many genres and factions of genres that it can drive a man to drink. Still have any Christmas beer left?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #736 on: January 20, 2024, 10:32:55 AM »
It's all waffles and pancakes to me.  :P

There are so many genres and factions of genres that it can drive a man to drink. Still have any Christmas beer left?

I still have nearly all of it left.

There are plenty of hard rock bands that I'd consider to be part of the southern rock genre.  Because they still have that southern rock sound. 

These other guys, they could have just as easily been called reggae ''hard'' rock, or a brass band ''hard rock''.  Words still mean things.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #737 on: January 20, 2024, 11:32:17 AM »
Makes me wanna chew iron and spit nails. You would have to be involved in a heavy activty like pumping iron or draining kegs to really appreciate this music. And yes. She has to be someone in the band's girlfriend
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #738 on: January 20, 2024, 12:47:59 PM »
Makes me wanna chew iron and spit nails. You would have to be involved in a heavy activty like pumping iron or draining kegs to really appreciate this music. And yes. She has to be someone in the band's girlfriend
Chew iron and spit nails huh.. Sort of like you try to do when you get political.  8)

Anyways, thanks for listening. Thought I'd add a little zip to your day.