Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett  (Read 32602 times)

Kingfish

• KDWN
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
Whose, Ian's or the guest's?
Guest's.  The guy was a friend of Ian's, otherwise I think he would have dropped him. Two silly hours.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »
Double dose of Punnett:

Science Out-of-Bounds/ Open Lines

Friday - October 26, 2018

Hosted by Ian Punnett

Guest: Michael Guillen

Michael Guillen, award-winning physics instructor at Harvard University, joins Ian Punnett to discuss how the scientific community is pushing the boundaries of morality, including scientists who detached the head of a Russian man from his crippled body to stitch it onto a healthy new donated one, and fertility experiments aimed at allowing designer babies to be conceived with the DNA from three or more biological parents. Followed by Open Lines.

Cracking a Serial Killer Mystery

Saturday - October 27, 2018

Hosted by Ian Punnett

Guest(s): Bill James, J. W. Ocker

Using sleuthing techniques, statistician Bill James has applied his analytical expertise to crack an unsolved century-old mystery surrounding one of the deadliest serial killers in American history. He joins Ian Punnett to discuss how between 1898 and 1912, families across the country were murdered - all having lived within walking distance to a train station. First-hour guest J.W. Ocker talks about how Salem, MA may be the Capital of Creepy in America.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »
Ian's show about "urban farming," but got into other general farming and animal husbandry topics, was actually pretty interesting and also some good callers. Though I'm a bit suspect about some small farm in SF making more money than a similar acreage in Iowa, unless they were selling weed or some really specialized herbs for dotcom yuppies-- orif they just sold their land to a real estate developer.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2018, 02:08:47 PM »
But you need sun. If you live on the north side of an urban building, you won’t be growing any veggies.
Merry Christmas

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2018, 02:52:11 PM »
But you need sun. If you live on the north side of an urban building, you won’t be growing any veggies.
Mirrors, LEDs, artificial light, prisms, etc. Maybe?

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2018, 11:29:15 PM »
Tonight show is not bad to listen too. Its WAY better then Heather's show.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2018, 11:50:33 PM »
This is Saturday show.

There have been recent reports that the Ark of the Covenant is inside a church in Aksum, Ethiopia, called the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion, and that only the "guardian" of the ark is allowed to see it. However, Ark historian, Dr. Tudor Parfitt, believes otherwise. He joins Ian Punnett to discuss the latest in Ark lore and knowledge of what the Ark in question really is.

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to the night of December 27 of 2001, when Art asked the audience for predictions for 2002.

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2019, 12:57:28 AM »
Interesting factoids about Kansas (not the band) tonight. Who would've thought camels were indigenous to Manhattan??

Not into the writings of Lovecraft but Ian is capable of delving into the story of who the author was as a person, which is listenable enough. Glad I checked in tonight  8)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2019, 01:27:49 AM »
Interesting factoids about Kansas (not the band) tonight. Who would've thought camels were indigenous to Manhattan??

Not into the writings of Lovecraft but Ian is capable of delving into the story of who the author was as a person, which is listenable enough. Glad I checked in tonight  8)

I missed most of Kansas but I did tune in just as the subject of camels came up. I'm re-visiting a few of my favorite Lovecraft stories for Halloween so this is good timing for me. I'm enjoying it too
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2019, 01:49:47 AM »
I missed most of Kansas but I did tune in just as the subject of camels came up. I'm re-visiting a few of my favorite Lovecraft stories for Halloween so this is good timing for me. I'm enjoying it too

For me, Halloween is all about catching up on Koontz. Go Odd!

Happy reading to you  :D

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2019, 02:16:10 AM »
For me, Halloween is all about catching up on Koontz. Go Odd!

Happy reading to you  :D

"Watchers" is my favorite Koontz book. Night sn. Nice to chat with you

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2019, 08:57:37 AM »
"Watchers" is my favorite Koontz book. Night sn. Nice to chat with you

Watchers was indeed a good read! Just finished St. Odd and would recommend it with a caution that one should not do as I did and skip the others in the "Odd" series...oops! No one ever accused me of having an abundance of common sense.

Not sure if I'll be tuning in, but if I remember correctly, Peter Lavenda was a decent guest some years ago while promoting his book Ratline. If I don't and you do, hope it's a good one for ya

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2019, 10:05:49 PM »
Most propitious. I'm re-visiting the Cthulhu Mythos stories as my Halloween treat. I'm doing all the outer space and/or extra-dimensional creature stories in order. Just finished the Festival.  Next up is Call of Cthulhu. Ian is Lovecraft for 3 hours tonight with Peter Lavenda. I always find him a good guest

Should be an interesting one @sumethinz new 

Knapp tomorrow night looks good too

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2019, 04:25:10 AM »
Most propitious. I'm re-visiting the Cthulhu Mythos stories as my Halloween treat. I'm doing all the outer space and/or extra-dimensional creature stories in order. Just finished the Festival.  Next up is Call of Cthulhu. Ian is Lovecraft for 3 hours tonight with Peter Lavenda. I always find him a good guest

Should be an interesting one @sumethinz new 

Knapp tomorrow night looks good too

Missed out on Ian last night, too bad for me!

I like Knapp, though I rarely catch him (too bad again) but you're right, the AI stuff in the first half and the impending woo in the second does seem promising.

Glad you're reading everything in order 🙃

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2019, 09:29:05 AM »
Missed out on Ian last night, too bad for me!

I like Knapp, though I rarely catch him (too bad again) but you're right, the AI stuff in the first half and the impending woo in the second does seem promising.

Glad you're reading everything in order 🙃

*sigh* Order. It's something like a tic for me. John Bercow understands

visitors can't see pics , please register or login