Author Topic: The 100 Years Ago Thread  (Read 1427937 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The 100 Years Ago Thread
« Reply #2640 on: September 20, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
When I see “monitor” I think of Dale Gribble monitoring the world in his basement while his wife “monitors” John Redcorn upstairs.
LOL!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2641 on: September 20, 2019, 03:33:02 PM »
Greetings Monitor 49. Thanks for clearing things up for me. I was taught by nuns for the first 12 years of my schooling. The nuns taught us not to trust men. Always think the worst, first. Only one monitor is born once a year. You are a very special being. Thank goodness for the TP in your landing area. It is almost 5 o’clock in my time zone. Time for me to respond to BROKEN HEARTED. Of course I have more questions for Monitor 49.  :-X

That roll of TP had/has the consistency of sand paper.  Hopefully the ones in the office restrooms were/are softer.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2642 on: September 20, 2019, 04:35:38 PM »
That roll of TP had/has the consistency of sand paper.  Hopefully the ones in the office restrooms were/are softer.

What can you bring? A nice roll of soft cottony TP?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2643 on: September 20, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
What can you bring? A nice roll of soft cottony TP?

I can bring anything I can hold, actually, but I must be careful because everything will quickly fade and return to the present.  If anyone in the past sees an item from the future disappear, then my transmute license will be permanently revoked.  (Likewise somebody in the present seeing an object that I have brought from the past disappear.)  Some things will last longer than others.  Coins and rings seem to last awhile.  Getting back to the theme of 100 years ago, I gave Liz a present day diamond engagement ring and she's still got it on her finger.  When I visit her, I make it a point to rub the ring with my transplasm fingers.  This will 'charge' the ring and keep it from vanishing for a couple of days.  Clothes aren't a problem as they will stay 'charged' from being in contact with the transplasm body.  Take them off though, and you might have a problem.  Last August I was in the woods, outside of Liz's folk's dude ranch in the Catskills.  We had ridden some horses in to a beautiful, secluded spot with tall trees and a river.  That is where we got engaged and to celebrate the event, (and also my birthday) we went skinny dipping.  I could only stay in the water for five minutes or so, because I didn't want my clothes to fade away.  Now I would have been in a real pickle, had they disappeared, huh?   

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2644 on: September 20, 2019, 05:41:18 PM »
I can bring anything I can hold, actually, but I must be careful because everything will quickly fade and return to the present.  If anyone in the past sees an item from the future disappear, then my transmute license will be permanently revoked.  (Likewise somebody in the present seeing an object that I have brought from the past disappear.)  Some things will last longer than others.  Coins and rings seem to last awhile.  Getting back to the theme of 100 years ago, I gave Liz a present day diamond engagement ring and she's still got it on her finger.  When I visit her, I make it a point to rub the ring with my transplasm fingers.  This will 'charge' the ring and keep it from vanishing for a couple of days.  Clothes aren't a problem as they will stay 'charged' from being in contact with the transplasm body.  Take them off though, and you might have a problem.  Last August I was in the woods, outside of Liz's folk's dude ranch in the Catskills.  We had ridden some horses in to a beautiful, secluded spot with tall trees and a river.  That is where we got engaged and to celebrate the event, (and also my birthday) we went skinny dipping.  I could only stay in the water for five minutes or so, because I didn't want my clothes to fade away.  Now I would have been in a real pickle, had they disappeared, huh?   

Ha! Well you could have explained it away as a prank, but then you would be all uncovered!   ;D

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2645 on: September 20, 2019, 07:47:35 PM »
Ha! Well you could have explained it away as a prank, but then you would be all uncovered!   ;D

Haha!  Very true.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2646 on: September 20, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @BartEllProducer, @GravitySucks, @ShayP, @Bobs Your Uncle and @FISH, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

1. Stop going with boys.
2. Think about school work and girlfriends.
3. Parents are right about not marrying until 20 years old.

Mr Apnea: 6 points
GravitySucks: 4 points
FISH: 4 points
anniem: 4 points
Bart Ell: 2 points
ShayP: 2 points
Bobs Your Uncle: 2 points
juan: 2 points
BartEllProducer: 2 points

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2647 on: September 20, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @BartEllProducer, @GravitySucks, @ShayP, @Bobs Your Uncle and @FISH, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

1. Stop going with boys.

Nice! Thank you Rikki for doing this, I hope it is as much fun for you as it is for me!

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2648 on: September 20, 2019, 09:13:18 PM »

1. Stop going with boys.

Stop being a "Mrs T." pet @Mr Apnea

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #2649 on: September 20, 2019, 09:19:39 PM »
Stop being a "Mrs T." pet @Mr Apnea

Unfortunately, I'm several slots down the list on that one.  Hey, what happened to the "Team"?  You should be cleaning up on points!

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2650 on: September 20, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm several slots down the list on that one.  Hey, what happened to the "Team"?  You should be cleaning up on points!

Getting hosed by Mrs T and not in a good way. (I have no idea what a good hosing would be)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2651 on: September 20, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »
Getting hosed by Mrs T and not in a good way. (I have no idea what a good hosing would be)

It takes time, you have to get in sync with Mrs T. Be patient, you got some points!

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2652 on: September 20, 2019, 09:42:52 PM »
It takes time, you have to get in sync with Mrs T. Be patient, you got some points!

Thanks @anniem . I'm trying!

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #2653 on: September 20, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »
Thanks @anniem . I'm trying!
@Bobs Your Uncle:  Follow her led, eat your yogurt, then the points will start flowing

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2654 on: September 20, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »
Nice! Thank you Rikki for doing this, I hope it is as much fun for you as it is for me!

You are most welcome, @anniem.  It is totally fun for me to put the quiz out.  I have always enjoyed making contests out of everyday subjects.  Also, I used to go to the local library and print out oddball microfilm clippings that I would pin to company bulletin boards.  Lots of fun.