Author Topic: taxes  (Read 2796 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
taxes
« on: January 28, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
Im done with my taxes. I hate doing my taxes.

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: taxes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 06:10:40 PM »
Im done with my taxes too.  On work time, no less  :).  Atypical, but that's how it worked out this year.  I've always enjoyed doing them.  Online I-9s make it impossible for employers to be derelict or retaliatory, so I got them all early, yay!

I love the new tax form system and the way they explained the EIC for working poor folks was much easier for me this year.

However, I doubt I'll get my return and credit anytime soon because direct deposit won't work until I get an account.  My current bank started charging me a maintenance fee which I absolutely cannot afford.  I've been looking for a credit union and so far, things aren't going my way. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:14:00 PM »

You could reach out to Falkie and help him with his

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
... I love the new tax form system and the way they explained the EIC for working poor folks was much easier for me this year...

You have dependent children?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »
You have dependent children?
Many people believe the misconception about having to have dependents.  But the original brochure is very clear that it is not necessary.  Not sure why this misconception is so longstanding.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 09:28:49 AM »
Im done with my taxes too.  On work time, no less  :).  Atypical, but that's how it worked out this year.  I've always enjoyed doing them.  Online I-9s make it impossible for employers to be derelict or retaliatory, so I got them all early, yay!

I love the new tax form system and the way they explained the EIC for working poor folks was much easier for me this year.

However, I doubt I'll get my return and credit anytime soon because direct deposit won't work until I get an account.  My current bank started charging me a maintenance fee which I absolutely cannot afford.  I've been looking for a credit union and so far, things aren't going my way.
Some banks have special checking accounts for certain groups (over a certain age, under a certain age, etc.) with no fees and other perks. Ask your local bank about them and also check your bank's online website for them. I know a few people who never go in to a bank and like the online banks. Clark Howard has some good information on them here: https://clark.com/technology/online-banking/best-online-banks/

Credit Unions are also a great option for many people.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 08:49:54 AM »
Tax time sounds like a complete nightmare. I work for a company so it’s all PAYE for me.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 09:36:40 AM »
Taxation is theft.
Merry Christmas

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:59 AM »
Taxation is theft.

Coercive theft, by a private non-governmental entity. >:(

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
Coercive theft, by a private non-governmental entity. >:(

Y’all need to talk to Sean David Morton.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 02:16:29 PM »
Y’all need to talk to Sean David Morton.
Oh no thanks never...they have a lot more critical coercive mass than I do... :-X

But it is true, the IRS is a private entity. Same as the Fed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/66499.The_Creature_from_Jekyll_Island?ac=1&from_search=true

The quintessential treatise on economics. Cussed and discussed by all from notable politicians to academicians to laypersons. Do you want to know the truth about money? Creature from Jekyll Island will give you the answers to these, and other, questions: Where does money come from? Where does it go? Who makes it? The money magicians' secrets are unveiled. We get a close look at their mirrors and smoke machines, their pulleys, cogs, and wheels that create the grand illusion called money. A dry and boring subject? Just wait! You'll be hooked in five minutes. Creature from Jekyll Island Reads like a detective story which it really is. But it's all true. This book is about the most blatant scam of all history. It's all here: the cause of wars, boom-bust cycles, inflation, depression, prosperity. Creature from Jekyll Island is a "must read." Your world view will definitely change. You'll never trust a politician again or a banker.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/66499.The_Creature_from_Jekyll_Island?ac=1&from_search=true
Jekyll Island in Georgia is just up I-95 from me. A wonderful little island with a lot of history. A fun day trip.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 02:24:31 PM »
Jekyll Island in Georgia is just up I-95 from me. A wonderful little island with a lot of history. A fun day trip.

That’s what Senator Aldrich said.
Are we having fun yet?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
That’s what Senator Aldrich said.
Camp David for the subsequent destruction of the gold standard. And dang it they even cucked the Swiss into voting for as much!

https://truth11.com/2011/09/10/g-edward-griffin-the-creature-from-jekyll-island-chapter-summary/

Chapter 2 Summary: The Name of the Game is Bailout
Although national monetary events may appear mysterious and chaotic, they are governed by well-established rules which bankers and politicians rigidly follow.  The central fact to understanding these events is that all the money in the banking system has been created out of nothing through the process of making loans.  A defaulted loan, therefore, costs the bank little of tangible value, but it shows up on the ledger as a reduction in assets without a corresponding reduction in liabilities.  If the bad loans exceed the size of the assets, the bank becomes technically insolvent and must close its doors.  The first rule of survival, therefore, is to avoid writing off large, bad loans and, if possible, to at least continue receiving interest payments on them.  To accomplish that, the endangered loans are rolled over and increased in size.  This provides the borrower with money to continue paying interest plus fresh funds for new spending.  The basic problem is not solved, but is postponed for a while and made worse.