Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797153 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
I once had a place near a main railway station. Thought, at time, how great for quick access to transport, airport, city-center, etc. Then realized. But got used to it. Then coming back to more pastoral area had same problem. You adapt. But it is weird. Now with apps I can have rain (sounds) on during drioughts etc and such.

Hope whatever you need MRI for works out to be nothing...

You saying you hope they find nothing in my head boy???

It’s not nothing. I have been telling doctors for years I had something wrong in my head. They kept writing me off saying it was just stress or just depression.  Last month they finally did a CT scan. All they keep saying is “complicated case”. Need “systems approach”.  Nobody says “We’re sorry, you were right.”  I have 2 more and an eeg scheduled for Friday and then a Friday night sleep study.

The neurologist didn’t believe my list that showed 35 concussions especially when she saw the description

1. TRIED TO FLY LIKE SUPERMAN AND HIT RADIATOR (TWICE)
2. AUNT AND GIRLFRIEND PLAYING CATCH WITH ME ON BED AND HIT FOOTBOARD.

Well, you get the idea.
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »

It’s not nothing. I have been telling doctors for years I had something wrong in my head. They kept writing me off saying it was just stress or just depression.  Last month they finally did a CT scan. All they keep saying is “complicated case”. Need “systems approach”.  Nobody says “We’re sorry, you were right.”  I have 2 more and an eeg scheduled for Friday and then a Friday night sleep study.

The neurologist didn’t believe my list that showed 35 concussions especially when she saw the description

Well, you get the idea.

Good luck. Luckily BG is down so if you mention site to neurologists or associated brain docs they won't get more alarmed. But in seriousness, good luck and good you in area with great hospitals and such, though they should pay more attention to what patients report history-wise. All the best.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 09:20:38 PM »
My table saw called it a day, today. 11 years of service :-X

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 09:51:30 PM »
I wonder if I am the first person to fall asleep with their head in an mri machine. [/font]

I have had three mri's for my brain and fell asleep each time. Must be a sign of exceptional intelligence. But I wonder if I'm the only one who comes out of one basically drunk
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 09:54:58 PM »
I have had three mri's for my brain and fell asleep each time. Must be a sign of exceptional intelligence. But I wonder if I'm the only one who comes out of one basically drunk

Oh no. That’s exactly like I felt. I was dizzy as all get out ajd could barely stand up.  And this one was without contrast dye.

When I had the CT scan in June it was really short but I almost lost my cookies afterwards because of the contrast dye.
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 10:02:38 PM »
My table saw called it a day, today. 11 years of service :-X

Was the dynamo or sub alert-esque or hurricane siren wind-down sound different, like a final "I'm done" or, more appropriate, a "he's winding down?"

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »
Was the dynamo or sub alert-esque or hurricane siren wind-down sound different, like a final "I'm done" or, more appropriate, a "he's winding down?"

Or more like a “urpeeeeeeeerch”
Are we having fun yet?

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 12:11:40 AM »
I'd say American men have the biggest man boobs in the world also. We need the official measurements, of course.   8)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 12:14:16 AM »
Potatoes

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »

Well, you get the idea.
The leaves of the edible regular shrinking violet are tumor shrinkers.  People used to make violet candy and put the leaves on salads.  The are very alkalinizing.  Not the African furry ones of course.

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
But I wonder if I'm the only one who comes out of one basically drunk

It helps if you haven't been drinking all day.  :P

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »

also works on apples.
generally makes a huge mess as well.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2018, 10:23:32 PM »
It helps if you haven't been drinking all day.  :P

Aha! That explains it
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »

Since you're asking. I was finishing a staircase in a new build house about 65 miles out o' town. One of the other contractors made off with my heavy duty extension cord the previous day which was very convenient as it was their last day and I was literally the last guy to finish up on that job on the following day, today.  I was left with no choice but to use a light duty cord as that was all that was available.. after all I only had three stair nosings to cut as well as a reducer strip. Either way, the smell of bad electricity billowed out of my saw engine as it said, so long pal.  in all the job sites I've been on I've not stolen so much as a pencil but this is sure to learn me not to leave ANYTHING behind for the next day. 

I have two backup wheeled Rigid T-saws still in the box. Coz I can write them off :)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 10:05:26 AM »

Oh no. That’s exactly like I felt. I was dizzy as all get out and could barely stand up.  And this one was without contrast dye.

When I had the CT scan in June it was really short but I almost lost my cookies afterwards because of the contrast dye.
You two are troopers, that's for sure.  Did you get the doughnut one, or the claustrophobic one that Noory had?