Author Topic: JULY FUNDRAISER - The Salvation Army  (Read 1955 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
JULY FUNDRAISER - The Salvation Army
« on: June 30, 2021, 04:01:16 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our July revenue to The Salvation Army.

Thanks to @juan for recommending them.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting this link

Every year, natural disasters destroy local economies and devastate lives. They cause Americans emotional damage and cost $24.4 billion in insured losses each year.

Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, droughts, floods, and other natural disasters pose a great threat to our country. We’re here to help – in any given year, we provide nearly 800,000 survivors with support, hope, and healing

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: JULY FUNDRAISER - The Salvation Army
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 05:48:52 AM »
As a hurricane approaches (the cone of death comes right over my place) the Army is gearing up to feed people.  Three years ago, after one of these, even here in civilization the only place to get a meal was the Salvation Army food truck.  Even The Waffle House was closed.  Click freely.
Merry Christmas

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 07:15:52 AM »
As a hurricane approaches (the cone of death comes right over my place) the Army is gearing up to feed people.  Three years ago, after one of these, even here in civilization the only place to get a meal was the Salvation Army food truck.  Even The Waffle House was closed.  Click freely.

I've always wondered why ppl would live in a 'cone of death.'

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 07:40:34 AM »
Good choice.

Considering Susan G. Komen only lets 11¢ of every dollar actually go to work, the ALS bucket challenge was somewhere near that (around 10% too). At least we know the SA actually does shit.

Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »
Good choice.

Considering Susan G. Komen only lets 11¢ of every dollar actually go to work, the ALS bucket challenge was somewhere near that (around 10% too). At least we know the SA actually does shit.

The last 2 years just about the only charity I contribute to is @codeofvets

Two women that took it upon themselves to raise funds for veterans needing emergency financial assistance. Neither woman take a salary and they operate on a 2% budget, meaning 98% of the dollars donated to directly to veterans. Usually the same day it’s donated. Almost $5 million in less than 3 years. Most of their costs are for financial software and auditing/accountants. Someone pledged to cover their operating expenses for 2021 so this year 100% is being given to veterans needing emergency financial assistance.

I don’t know how they do it.

https://twitter.com/codeofvets/status/1412450633609850886
Are we having fun yet?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 11:00:09 AM »

Two women that took it upon themselves to raise funds for veterans needing emergency financial assistance. Neither woman take a salary and they operate on a 2% budget, meaning 98% of the dollars donated to directly to veterans. Usually the same day it’s donated. Almost $5 million in less than 3 years. Most of their costs are for financial software and auditing/accountants. Someone pledged to cover their operating expenses for 2021 so this year 100% is being given to veterans needing emergency financial assistance.

It's obvious, they are genuine people who care.

I was big on charity in my late teens and early twenties. I noticed that job listings had the special category of non-profits...  After volunteering with a few charities, I know why. You have to be able to look the other way. A lot of these charities were founded by people who paid themselves handsomely and used people's goodwill to profit greatly.

That is also the case with a lot of these churches that start up from grassroots. It's a big fucking scam.
Eh, nevermind...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »
I've always wondered why ppl would live in a 'cone of death.'

Well, over here in Louisiana the food is too good to give up even in hurricanes. And Florida has Disney World, so there’s that!
🤷🏻‍♀️

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 09:36:30 PM »
Good choice.

Hmmm.  I understand that SA thrift stores are '?franchised' out.   Any word on that

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 09:37:37 PM »

Thanks Grav, I've been hearing negative rumours about my fav charity.  Wounded Warriors.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 09:39:16 PM »
It's obvious, they are genuine people who care.

I was big on charity in my late teens and early twenties. I noticed that job listings had the special category of non-profits...  After volunteering with a few charities, I know why. You have to be able to look the other way. A lot of these charities were founded by people who paid themselves handsomely and used people's goodwill to profit greatly.

That is also the case with a lot of these churches that start up from grassroots. It's a big fucking scam.

It used to piss me off to the point where I could imagine bloodshed.  Now I know and understand that GOD will know his own.  And payback will be an eternal bitch. 

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2021, 09:40:07 PM »
Well, over here in Louisiana the food is too good to give up even in hurricanes. And Florida has Disney World, so there’s that!
🤷🏻‍♀️

MMMMMM, cajun chow.   As a young Marine I would have stormed the gates of hell for less.  Point taken.

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 12:56:22 PM »
Thanks Grav, I've been hearing negative rumours about my fav charity.  Wounded Warriors.

I second the thanks, these folks sound like the real deal.  I too gave up on Wounded Warriors, and have been dominating only to the local Fisher/Nightingale House here at WPAFB.