Author Topic: Been gone a while  (Read 3221 times)

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
Been gone a while
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:28:05 AM »
I was off to deliver my daughter to University.  A day long road trip.  The day after arriving I didn't feel well. Went to get tested (again) for Covid.  Tested positive.  The Delta really kicked in 2 days later.  Flew the Wife out to take over and got another hotel room so that I could isolate. 

After daughter was settled in and all details attended to, Wife drove us home. 

So Delta hit me.  2 days in I was flat on my back with raging headaches and transitory fevers.  Combatted it with heavy hydration and Ibuprofen.  It was like I had been kicked in the head.

Upon arrival home, made contact with my medical ppl.  Had me tested again.  Still actively positive with the Delta.   Doc ordered up a chest x-ray due to my restricted breathing.  Came back pos for pnuemonia as well.  Z pack for the pnuemonia, hydration and Ibu for the Delta.

Have a telemed with doc today for clearance to return to work.   Can't see a doc face to face for two weeks as they, the doc's office, are going to  telemed as primary.

Asked why the telemed approach?  Answer was that they are trying to avoid contagion and due to being overworked due to long hours this was the best approach.  I asked, that in this once in a, hopefully, life time event the medical professionals are not ready to do, or up to doing, the job they signed up for?  Got a long winded answer and called 'selfish' re: my line of questioning.

Wow.  Maybe I was a little confrontational in my questions.  But this IS the job they all signed up for.  Am I wrong?  As a Marine, if I decided that tomorrow Mohammed and the boyz might shoot me so I am not going out on patrol, would that be okay?  As a cop, I answer a domestic violence call and decided not to go in because wife beater might shoot me.  Is that okay? 

My understanding is that these are the jobs we signed up for.  You don't get to pick and choose under what circumstances you do your job.  Am I wrong in this viewpoint?  And while the 'rona is a bitch of a cold.  Most everybody who gets it, recovers.  Not everybody recovers fm a sucking chest wound. 

Opinions any one?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Been gone a while
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:38:39 AM »
I was off to deliver my daughter to University.  A day long road trip.  The day after arriving I didn't feel well. Went to get tested (again) for Covid.  Tested positive.  The Delta really kicked in 2 days later.  Flew the Wife out to take over and got another hotel room so that I could isolate. 

After daughter was settled in and all details attended to, Wife drove us home. 

So Delta hit me.  2 days in I was flat on my back with raging headaches and transitory fevers.  Combatted it with heavy hydration and Ibuprofen.  It was like I had been kicked in the head.

Upon arrival home, made contact with my medical ppl.  Had me tested again.  Still actively positive with the Delta.   Doc ordered up a chest x-ray due to my restricted breathing.  Came back pos for pnuemonia as well.  Z pack for the pnuemonia, hydration and Ibu for the Delta.

Have a telemed with doc today for clearance to return to work.   Can't see a doc face to face for two weeks as they, the doc's office, are going to  telemed as primary.

Asked why the telemed approach?  Answer was that they are trying to avoid contagion and due to being overworked due to long hours this was the best approach.  I asked, that in this once in a, hopefully, life time event the medical professionals are not ready to do, or up to doing, the job they signed up for?  Got a long winded answer and called 'selfish' re: my line of questioning.

Wow.  Maybe I was a little confrontational in my questions.  But this IS the job they all signed up for.  Am I wrong?  As a Marine, if I decided that tomorrow Mohammed and the boyz might shoot me so I am not going out on patrol, would that be okay?  As a cop, I answer a domestic violence call and decided not to go in because wife beater might shoot me.  Is that okay? 

My understanding is that these are the jobs we signed up for.  You don't get to pick and choose under what circumstances you do your job.  Am I wrong in this viewpoint?  And while the 'rona is a bitch of a cold.  Most everybody who gets it, recovers.  Not everybody recovers fm a sucking chest wound. 

Opinions any one?
Ouch.  Very sorry to hear.  As for how things now operate, more times than not, welcome to 2021.  Bounce back soon!
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:55:18 AM »
I am sure the mall will be fine for 2 weeks, Pal Blart.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:56:39 AM »
But this IS the job they all signed up for.  Am I wrong? 

None of them signed up to work 20 hour days because pussies are afraid of a needle.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:00:43 AM »
Ouch.  Very sorry to hear.  As for how things now operate, more times than not, welcome to 2021.  Bounce back soon!

Thanks.  I've already been advised by my doc that I can expect continued physical weakness, extended sleep periods or naps to recover, shortness of breath or a 'winded' feeling.  Supposed to 'take it easy.'   

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 10:02:52 AM »
I am sure the mall will be fine for 2 weeks, Pal Blart.

Yeah, but muh segway scooter!  Who's been taking care of that?   And when I return all those damn skateboarders will have overrun the sidewalks!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 10:02:59 AM »
First off, how are you feeling right now? @paladin1991   Secondly, is your daughter and the rest of your family okay?

I agree with you.  There is inherent risk in everything we do and whether it be the military, the medical field, law enforcement, or any other career, people should understand what they signed up for and be committed.  You are not wrong in your viewpoint.

However, the people in the medical field may be willing to go all out and do whatever they can but their hands are tied by rules passed down from administrators and bureaucrats.

Confrontational or not, your questions were justified in my opinion.  I take the same approach and I see nothing wrong with it.  Pisses some people off but I don't care.

Oh, and you being called 'selfish' was uncalled for.  Quite frankly unprofessional.  Nothing is selfish concerning your health and well being.  Everybody wants answers.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 10:04:17 AM »
None of them signed up to work 20 hour days because pussies are afraid of a needle.

Really?  So if it were Ebola, would a 20 hour work day be acceptable?   And I really don't think it's that simple as pussies being afraid of needles.  Do you? 

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
Yeah, but muh segway scooter!  Who's been taking care of that?   And when I return all those damn skateboarders will have overrun the sidewalks!

A mallcop who has to be driven around like Miss Daisy over a bad cold?
How manly!

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 10:13:30 AM »
First off, how are you feeling right now? @paladin1991   Secondly, is your daughter and the rest of your family okay?

I agree with you.  There is inherent risk in everything we do and whether it be the military, the medical field, law enforcement, or any other career, people should understand what they signed up for and be committed.  You are not wrong in your viewpoint.

However, the people in the medical field may be willing to go all out and do whatever they can but their hands are tied by rules passed down from administrators and bureaucrats.

Confrontational or not, your questions were justified in my opinion.  I take the same approach and I see nothing wrong with it.  Pisses some people off but I don't care.

Oh, and you being called 'selfish' was uncalled for.  Quite frankly unprofessional.  Nothing is selfish concerning your health and well being.  Everybody wants answers.

Thanks for the response Shay.  Right now, I have an occasional cough, something of a 'winded' feeling if I walk too fast or up and down my stairs to fast.  *shrug*  I  am sleeping about 10 hours a day.  Going to bed earlier and taking a nap sometime during the day.

Wife and daughter are fine, thanks.

And you are right.  Whatever one's feelings or beliefs are over this 'plandemic' the med folks are going to be driven by policies adopted by ppl further up the chain.

As far as confontational, it seems to me that shit has skewed rapidly into a 'if you ask a question or express your contrary beliefs' you're the asshole. 

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 10:14:39 AM »
A mallcop who has to be driven around like Miss Daisy over a bad cold?
How manly!

Do you want to touch me? :)

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 10:20:55 AM »
Maybe it is time to take advantage of the isolation  and conduct an experiment toward faster bounce back:

https://www.myheartbook.com/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 10:21:12 AM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:04 AM »
Do you want to touch me? :)

Yes!
I wanna finger that big, hairy Miss Daisy pussy of yours!