Rikki Gins Lounge > Movies and TV

Classic TV

(1/9) > >>

ItsOver:
https://outsider.com/news/entertainment/andy-griffith-show-don-knotts-sent-tons-single-bullets-fans/

This is a brief, but wonderful interview.

Uncle Duke:

--- Quote from: ItsOver on September 26, 2021, 02:50:32 PM ---https://outsider.com/news/entertainment/andy-griffith-show-don-knotts-sent-tons-single-bullets-fans/

This is a brief, but wonderful interview.

--- End quote ---

https://books.google.com/books/about/Andy_and_Don.html?id=vYPRCgAAQBAJ&source=kp_book_description

If you've not read it, I recommend this book.  It was written by Knotts' brother in law, and is the "warts and all" story of the two men and their friendship. He also interviewed a number of the (then) surviving cast. 

ShayP:
I enjoyed that interview.  Thanks for posting it. @ItsOver  I'm going to get that book. @Uncle Duke  The Andy Griffith Show is one of my favorites.

The classic TV shows are my overall favorite and sometimes I think I should've been born in a different era.  I get a pretty good ribbing from my buddies when they want me to meet them at the sports bar, or go over to one of their places to watch shows like Survivor or some other "reality" crap.  But I decline because I want to watch The Lawrence Welk Show or Perry Mason instead.  ;D 

By the way, would either of you consider shows from the 70's as classic TV?  I do.

For some reason The Rat Patrol just popped in my head.  I think that was from the 60's but I watched reruns in the 70's when I was a kid.  I always wanted a jeep with a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on it.  I digress.  ;)

FISH:
As a kid, I loved it when one of the TV stations would show an episode from One Step Beyond.  I have to limit my time living in 2021.  ;) @ShayP .

&t=22s

Uncle Duke:
No Streamable.com post ID supplied.
--- Quote from: ShayP on September 27, 2021, 05:44:15 AM ---I enjoyed that interview.  Thanks for posting it. @ItsOver  I'm going to get that book. @Uncle Duke  The Andy Griffith Show is one of my favorites.

The classic TV shows are my overall favorite and sometimes I think I should've been born in a different era.  I get a pretty good ribbing from my buddies when they want me to meet them at the sports bar, or go over to one of their places to watch shows like Survivor or some other "reality" crap.  But I decline because I want to watch The Lawrence Welk Show or Perry Mason instead.  ;D 

By the way, would either of you consider shows from the 70's as classic TV?  I do.

For some reason The Rat Patrol just popped in my head.  I think that was from the 60's but I watched reruns in the 70's when I was a kid.  I always wanted a jeep with a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on it.  I digress.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Have you listen to the "Two Chairs, No Waiting" podcast? It's all about the Andy Griffith Show and is hosted by a guy who is a "Floyd the Barber" tribute artist. No, seriously.  He's done 650 episodes of the show, each episode lasting about 30 minutes.  He tends to get a bit schmaltzy at times, but his connections to all people/things associated with the show is astounding.  I particularly like the segment where they do a thumbnail look at supporting characters and the actors who played them. It's surprising how many actors had multiple appearances on the show playing multiple characters.  One thing you learn listening to this podcast is continuity was not the show's long suit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version