Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 354480 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #2100 on: October 23, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »
OK, I “settle” for Tippi, in her prime. ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Tippi, i still dislike BIRDS.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2101 on: October 23, 2021, 11:16:12 AM »
Thanks to Tippi, i still dislike BIRDS.

I wonder if David Lynch either purposely or inadvertently, tapped into that generational undercurrent with his "owls" statement?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2102 on: October 23, 2021, 11:34:43 AM »
I wonder if David Lynch either purposely or inadvertently, tapped into that generational undercurrent with his "owls" statement?

HA!
The owls are not what they seem.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2103 on: October 23, 2021, 10:47:58 PM »
Great observation Cam!  While they were both heavy smokers, I'd cast my vote for the more earthy (and respectfully, more stacked) Suzanne.  Lucky Tom Poston!  Great actor by the way.

An impossible theoretical choice for me, RG.

I loved both Tippi and Suzanne.

(When I wasn't too focused on waiting for the birds to attack.)

There are few films that make me want to move to the shooting location, buy a vintage outboard motorboat, ferry people back and forth across the bay, and keep an "eye out" for beautiful women and deadly birds. All while fishing for that night's dinner.

Definitely a strong and positive imprint movie for me.   

Amidst the terror. ;D

https://www.visitbodegabayca.com/

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #2104 on: October 24, 2021, 01:19:30 AM »
An impossible theoretical choice for me, RG.

I loved both Tippi and Suzanne.

(When I wasn't too focused on waiting for the birds to attack.)

There are few films that make me want to move to the shooting location, buy a vintage outboard motorboat, ferry people back and forth across the bay, and keep an "eye out" for beautiful women and deadly birds. All while fishing for that night's dinner.

Definitely a strong and positive imprint movie for me.   

Amidst the terror. ;D

https://www.visitbodegabayca.com/

I hear you, Cam.  Also one of my favorite movies and I'll watch it every once in awhile.  I have always wanted to visit The Tides Restaurant there in Bodega Bay.  That's where a lot of the townsfolk gathered after one of the major bird attacks in the movie.  I watched one of those movie location videos on YouTube and sadly, the original restaurant burned down but it was rebuilt and they even have some artifacts and photos on display there.  So perhaps I'll stop by someday and have a fish platter or something, haha.  I guess that the most recognizable building from the movie is the original school house.  It's a private home now, so it can only be viewed from the street that runs by it.   

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2105 on: October 24, 2021, 07:29:48 AM »
I was shoved into meeting a guy who wrote a book with "Bodega Bay" in the title. Had no curiosity about it until popping up in this thread.

Thank you for the timesuck! 😁
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2106 on: October 24, 2021, 11:40:06 PM »
Gunther from Friends
John Travolta's dad in Saturday Night Fever
Some old bodybuilding lady also making news
Eh, nevermind...

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2107 on: October 25, 2021, 02:52:24 AM »
I hear you, Cam.  Also one of my favorite movies and I'll watch it every once in awhile.  I have always wanted to visit The Tides Restaurant there in Bodega Bay.  That's where a lot of the townsfolk gathered after one of the major bird attacks in the movie.  I watched one of those movie location videos on YouTube and sadly, the original restaurant burned down but it was rebuilt and they even have some artifacts and photos on display there.  So perhaps I'll stop by someday and have a fish platter or something, haha.  I guess that the most recognizable building from the movie is the original school house.  It's a private home now, so it can only be viewed from the street that runs by it.   
I hope you take that little trip,  RG.  I bet you would enjoy it, and we'd love to hear anything about it. It is very wise to keep that on your "eventual to do list." Don't forget it.

If I may fire up Zoltar in regards to the discussion:

A future jaunt near the ocean will summon
undercurrents of joy and nostalgia. But
beware winged things as you consume
swmming things.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2108 on: October 25, 2021, 03:03:57 AM »
I was shoved into meeting a guy who wrote a book with "Bodega Bay" in the title. Had no curiosity about it until popping up in this thread.

Thank you for the timesuck! 😁

I usually say "timesink."

I do believe Cam has learned a new word.  :D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2109 on: October 25, 2021, 07:42:39 AM »

Many scenes from that movie were actually shot in the town of Bodega, several miles inland from the town of Bodega Bay - including the schoolhouse.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #2110 on: October 25, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »
Many scenes from that movie were actually shot in the town of Bodega, several miles inland from the town of Bodega Bay - including the schoolhouse.

And some street scenes in San Francisco proper.  In fact there is the opening scene where Tippi is crossing a crosswalk and some of the buildings are still recognizable to this day.  She crosses the street and steps onto a sidewalk, turning left towards a pet store.  As soon as she turned left, the rest of the scene was filmed at a Burbank studio.  When Tippi enters the pet store, Director Hitchcock can be seen exiting the store with two small dogs on leashes.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2111 on: October 25, 2021, 01:35:27 PM »
What an insufferable fanboy I would be.

"I remember this exact spot!" Cam said, standing on a sidewalk crack, flapping his arms like ... like a bird.

"It was near here that an entire canister of filmed  footage was misplaced in the usually unrented apartment above the drugstore. The apartment was previously used by the lighting crew for recalibration drinking parties!  The film wasn't discovered until a year AFTER The Birds was released! The sheer gravitas of this bypassed undeveloped coiled celluloid zeitgeist belied Hitchcock's psychological tri-pronged  approach to avian colonization as rogue government! I'm so hungry!"

(Flaps twice more)

It is excruciatingly clear: RG is the superior mature choice and voice for reconnaissance of all things Bodega Bay.

(flap flap flap)

"Flap on a crack, break Norman's Mother's back!" Cam crows. "Hitchcock said that! Right here!"

Unfrickin believable. A grown ass man / bird / Cam.

I will now voluntarily write up a review of a recently  attended "working meeting" of the local Sweet Bee Garden Club composed of kind little old ladies armed with miniature spades and dwarf pitchforks; thus, literally, recalling my location back on earth.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2112 on: October 25, 2021, 02:46:53 PM »
Jay of Jay and the Americans.  - 82.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2113 on: October 25, 2021, 03:25:24 PM »
Gunther from Friends
John Travolta's dad in Saturday Night Fever
Some old bodybuilding lady also making news

Strange how things turn out... The guy that died yesterday at 95 years old, who played John Travolta's dad in Saturday Night Fever, he was just on an episode I watched of Hill Street Blues (S6, E10). Strange how things like that work out.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2114 on: October 25, 2021, 03:39:10 PM »
And some street scenes in San Francisco proper....   When Tippi enters the pet store, Director Hitchcock can be seen exiting the store with two small dogs on leashes.

I just wanted to mention that if anyone goes up there and wants to see some of the buildings that were featured, look in the nearby town of the same name for certain scenes as well, not just along the bay and assume they're gone.

Doesn't he have a cameo appearance near the beginning of many of his films?