Author Topic: BEST WESTERNS  (Read 2156 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
Re: BEST WESTERNS
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2024, 02:19:45 AM »
Not watched yet, but looking forward to.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uvl9q

I've always liked the alternate title for this movie...Duck, You Sucker!  This is a classic spaghetti western with lots of humor, drama and action.  Rod Steiger and James Coburn are great in their respective rolls.  I think you will really enjoy the movie Bob, when you get around to viewing it.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2024, 10:39:00 AM »
I've always liked the alternate title for this movie...Duck, You Sucker!  This is a classic spaghetti western with lots of humor, drama and action.  Rod Steiger and James Coburn are great in their respective rolls.  I think you will really enjoy the movie Bob, when you get around to viewing it.
Wow. I don't think that I've thought about this one in decades. Of course the newer title makes one thing of Eastwood.  I'll have to check this out.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2024, 10:25:16 PM »

Original music composed, performed and recorded by Steven Lynn; inspired by Red Dead Redemption, Deadwood, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Godless, 3:10 to Yuma, Old Henry, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, and many more Westerns, classic and modern.

Looks like a good recommendation.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2024, 11:29:08 AM »
Has anyone seen The Alamo 2004? I wasn't aware of it until now.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2024, 11:59:04 AM »
There is a movie called The Missing with Tommy lee Jones depicts possibly the worst ways to die that I have ever seen/witnessed/pondered.

Well ponder this. In the early days, before Kenya was colonised, an explorer happened to get on the wrong side of one of the local tribes. So they staked him out on his back, forced his mouth open, and took turns pissing in it till he drowned.

Oh, there was also the time someone was guillotined in revolutionary France. The blade was blunt and it took about thirty goes before they killed him

Pleasant dreams, y'all.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2024, 12:26:59 PM »
The lovable Turks also had a favourite method where they would take a stake and slowly hammer it through someone's arse. The idea was to do it while keeping them alive. It's described in loving detail in a novel called 'The Bridge on the Drina'.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2024, 12:34:57 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2024, 08:26:29 AM »

Looks like a good recommendation.

I like the first half of the trailer but from there it becomes predicatible. And that's just the trailer... I fear a rather shallow story before I commit 2 hours of my life to it.  You 1st @Smokin Hot Bob