Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284047 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2115 on: December 10, 2023, 11:07:25 AM »
It's what people greet each other with, and so ingrained that it's almost unreasonable to expect a nervous caller to remember not to.  Annoying though.
''I'm fine, what's on your mind?

That's the name of the show right there.  If I ever get around to my podcast (A Human Waste Of Time) I'll go with your accidentally suggested name instead.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2116 on: December 11, 2023, 05:07:45 PM »
There is this youtub account that posts full Ghost to Ghost shows that play all the way through without any commercials except for the beginning. Thing is, they are 4-5 hours in length. That's very curious as all the ones I have seem to be full with normal beginning and end but mine are all 3-4 hours long.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2117 on: December 11, 2023, 08:02:15 PM »
I would imagine that the East Coast stations only ran 4 hours. I think Chancellor Broadcasting used to have a morning news show, America in the Morning, maybe?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2118 on: December 11, 2023, 08:09:45 PM »
I would imagine that the East Coast stations only ran 4 hours. I think Chancellor Broadcasting used to have a morning news show, America in the Morning, maybe?
That's my guess too. Depending on the source of these uploads, the original broadcasts likely came from the better C2C markets.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2119 on: December 11, 2023, 08:10:35 PM »
Maybe it is God's will for @KSM to create the SuperUltraUltimate Art Bell compilation.

I can come up with a Photoshop design to embed in the file, it'll look better than that horrible Beatles single cover.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2120 on: December 11, 2023, 10:14:28 PM »
I remember in the mid 1990s Art's shows were 5 hours long and started an hour later too.
Only got the full show on the west coast so he usually had a guest for the first 3-4 hours and the last hour was open lines.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2121 on: December 12, 2023, 09:30:53 AM »
Maybe it is God's will for @KSM to create the SuperUltraUltimate Art Bell compilation.

I can come up with a Photoshop design to embed in the file, it'll look better than that horrible Beatles single cover.

SuperUltraUltimate  << That's gooood!  It's a sort of mess right now. I've got several collections thus many doubles of the same night but they may vary in length. Every single collection for instance has Mels Hole as well as the other most popular broadcasts. In the mid 2000's it was impossible to find the madman Marcum shows and I would think that was one of the top 10. Not my top 10, but others made such a big deal of those shows.

I remember in the mid 1990s Art's shows were 5 hours long and started an hour later too.
Only got the full show on the west coast so he usually had a guest for the first 3-4 hours and the last hour was open lines.
yeah, as far as the files one can find around the net over the years (over 20 now) the various length shows make up the mix as opposed to all of them being the same length. Majority are in the 3.5 to 4 hour range. Almost all are commercial edited so that would account for much of that.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2122 on: December 12, 2023, 10:08:19 AM »
Recently, the Rosalie Osias interview was on U7.  I know I've googled her before, some of that stuff is disappearing though. I do remember that they got descriptive into her cancer (at least that's what I think I remember), I believe that's all gone.

It's a massive undertaking and I'm sure the lovely folks handling the show now will never do it, but it would be nice to have metadata of who the guests were, maybe the callers, etc.

Maybe PremSuck will have an employee that they can't fire and they just give busy work to...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2123 on: December 14, 2023, 08:53:53 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2124 on: December 16, 2023, 07:48:43 AM »
https://rumble.com/c/AllThingsArtBell

Huh. Who knew. It's become so easy to access and in some places download classic AB.

When I go out for any length of time I quietly put on the Bob Lazar Saga for Vera.  ;D  She doesn't seem to care, or maybe she thinks Bob's full of it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2125 on: December 16, 2023, 08:40:37 AM »
Huh. Who knew. It's become so easy to access and in some places download classic AB.

When I go out for any length of time I quietly put on the Bob Lazar Saga for Vera.  ;D  She doesn't seem to care, or maybe she thinks Bob's full of it.

A pup of discerning taste... It's all about Art.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2126 on: December 16, 2023, 01:20:26 PM »
A pup of discerning taste... It's all about Art.
The Lazar Saga that I compiled is all about Bob being interviewed by Art over three separate appearances. It's my personal favorite.

Are gonna have a problem here?  8)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2127 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:02 PM »
A far from professional interview with an entity purported to be Marcum.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2128 on: December 21, 2023, 03:34:16 PM »
A far from professional interview with an entity purported to be Marcum.

Oh c'mon WAN you know better. That isn't Marcum. The podcast as of this writing has three comments including mine, and the dude is giving every comment a heart of love. Pathetic and lonely podcast.  Sounds like a mexican waiter interviewing his bored neighbor.

I want my 6 minutes back! @Walks_At_Night

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2129 on: December 22, 2023, 01:02:32 AM »