Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 137843 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2020, 05:51:03 AM »
This is for @Ciardelo and it's totally random.

I'm not sure why this popped in my head but refresh my memory.  Several years ago there was a discussion on Bellgab about snacks or fast foods, etc.  Are you the one that told me about a specific brand of popcorn that was really good?  I think it could be found in the dollar stores.  I may be mistaken.  If it was not you, my apologies.   :D

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2020, 08:12:36 AM »
This is for @Ciardelo and it's totally random.

I'm not sure why this popped in my head but refresh my memory.  Several years ago there was a discussion on Bellgab about snacks or fast foods, etc.  Are you the one that told me about a specific brand of popcorn that was really good?  I think it could be found in the dollar stores.  I may be mistaken.  If it was not you, my apologies.   :D

Uh, yeah! That was me. At Dollar Tree they have "Brims" brand popcorn. It's been long enough that the bags are smaller now ;) You've got a good memory @ShayP

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looks like it's Jason Callon Approved.  ;D

Since Dollar Tree & Family Dollar are owned by the same people now, they may have it there too!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2020, 08:53:23 AM »
Thanks!  Good memory sometimes, but not with that bonus question at Mrs. Thompsons. :P  Ah yes, Brims.  Glad to know they have smaller bags.  I can't handle all that.   I've had a craving for popcorn and my go-to Utz brand is scarce.  I actually think my memory was triggered when you mentioned your location in a different post on this site.  Funny how that works.  Was it a portal?  ;D

Cheers!  8)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »
@ShayP

The Rick Emmet interview on with JBW on CTM was damn good. I then found the segments from Arc Midnight with Mike Levine (May 2 2020) and Gil Moore (in the last week or so of April 2020)

John must've been a real fan back in the day to have every member on the broadcast these days.  I renewed my membership - another 12 months. I really do enjoy his news segments, he can get quite funny at times and his humorous and snarky remarks towards those he despises.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2020, 01:04:49 PM »
@ShayP

The Rick Emmet interview on with JBW on CTM was damn good. I then found the segments from Arc Midnight with Mike Levine (May 2 2020) and Gil Moore (in the last week or so of April 2020)

John must've been a real fan back in the day to have every member on the broadcast these days.  I renewed my membership - another 12 months. I really do enjoy his news segments, he can get quite funny at times and his humorous and snarky remarks towards those he despises.

Hell yeah it was good! @KSM32  I found the Levine one and listened to it yesterday.  A lot of commercial breaks though.  I heard JBW mention he interviewed Moore but I swear he said it was on a show that I never heard of.  I'll search for it.

I'm with you regarding JBW being a fan.  He is good at the musician interviews.  His Legends of Rock interviews were great on C2C with Leslie West, Paul Rodgers, Jack Casady, and Ian Anderson.  I wanted more.

I do the month to month subscription, simply because he has grated on me in the past and I would hastily cancel.  I'm digging most of what I heard so far since I resubscribed.

Cheers man!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2020, 10:30:18 AM »
"I was a royal bastard for nearly half my life with a propensity for violence" - @ShayP

The above is an exact quote from you many months ago. I have wondered what the 'Ell you meant by that because it seems so against your current (seemingly nice) disposition and would like a back story if you feel like sharing with all the other kids :)

Propensity for... VIOLENCE!!! Like punching and hurting folks! Gadzooks man what gives!?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »
"I was a royal bastard for nearly half my life with a propensity for violence" - @ShayP

The above is an exact quote from you many months ago. I have wondered what the 'Ell you meant by that because it seems so against your current (seemingly nice) disposition and would like a back story if you feel like sharing with all the other kids :)

Propensity for... VIOLENCE!!! Like punching and hurting folks! Gadzooks man what gives!?

What the hell man!?  :o  @KSM32  That was random. LOL!  I do recall posting that but not sure when or in what thread.  Not even sure what context I even meant by posting it.  Anyway, yes, like punching and hurting folks.  I was "Aggro" and had no issue with getting into fights.  You know the type.  The "likes to fight guy."  Overreacting. I had no patience and took everything personally.  Also couldn't stand assholes (which turns out I was one).  Not proud of it but as one gets older they wise up.

I'd like to think of myself as a nice guy.  I believe I am.  However even today there are boundaries.  I will defend people dear to me and stand up to people if need be.   Overall, I treat people with courtesy, kindness, and fairness. Believe me, it is genuine.  When I started to mellow out a friend of mine said "Man, it's like you're going through a renaissance."  All of my friends noticed the positive change. That really felt good; especially since I was alienating people during that time.

By the way, did you look this up because of my recent two rants about the restaurant and that pizza dude?   ;D

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2020, 02:13:45 PM »
What the hell man!?  :o  @KSM32  That was random. LOL!  I do recall posting that but not sure when or in what thread.  Not even sure what context I even meant by posting it.  Anyway, yes, like punching and hurting folks.  I was "Aggro" and had no issue with getting into fights.  You know the type.  The "likes to fight guy."  Overreacting. I had no patience and took everything personally.  Also couldn't stand assholes (which turns out I was one).  Not proud of it but as one gets older they wise up.

I'd like to think of myself as a nice guy.  I believe I am.  However even today there are boundaries.  I will defend people dear to me and stand up to people if need be.   Overall, I treat people with courtesy, kindness, and fairness. Believe me, it is genuine.  When I started to mellow out a friend of mine said "Man, it's like you're going through a renaissance."  All of my friends noticed the positive change. That really felt good; especially since I was alienating people during that time.

By the way, did you look this up because of my recent two rants about the restaurant and that pizza dude?   ;D

No. I have not yet read your pizza rants - shall do so!

Ok so you were a 'hothead' and had a tendency to shoot first, ask questions later ( me, still, sometimes ::) ) Very nice to read your positive reports on changing all that.  I was picturing you geting fist throwing angry at a prep cook in some kitchen back in the day. Kitchens can be stressful, I know that.

Kudos @ShayP

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »
Is being a royal bastard better than being a commoner bastard @ShayP? I mean, I would think so, for sure.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
Is being a royal bastard better than being a commoner bastard @ShayP? I mean, I would think so, for sure.
LOL a popper, bastard?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2020, 02:23:14 PM »
No. I have not yet read your pizza rants - shall do so!

Ok so you were a 'hothead' and had a tendency to shoot first, ask questions later ( me, still, sometimes ::) ) Very nice to read your positive reports on changing all that.  I was picturing you geting fist throwing angry at a prep cook in some kitchen back in the day. Kitchens can be stressful, I know that.

Kudos @ShayP

@KSM32  Thanks man.  It took a long time to get my attitude straight.  I'm glad I did because if not I'd be in jail, homeless, or dead before I hit 40.

I only got in one personal skirmish in a kitchen but that was probably 25 years ago?  I have broken up plenty of them though.  Even customers.  Yes, stressful.  ;)  Some kitchens are like pirate ships. 

One of my rants is in the sandwich thread and one is in the pizza thread regarding that Barstool Sports douche.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »

LOL! @Ciardelo  In fact, yes.  It felt quite regal at times.  Then again, when I posted that comment I may have finished watching a bunch of Brit Coms and the like, so it may have rubbed off on me.  Now that I think about it, I was tempted to call my neighbor a 'right git.'

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2020, 02:37:19 PM »
LOL! @Ciardelo  In fact, yes.  It felt quite regal at times.  Then again, when I posted that comment I may have finished watching a bunch of Brit Coms and the like, so it may have rubbed off on me.  Now that I think about it, I was tempted to call my neighbor a 'right git.'

Blimey @ShayP! The bloke probably deserved it right proper!  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2020, 03:13:42 PM »
Blimey @ShayP! The bloke probably deserved it right proper!  ;D

Yes sir!  @Ciardelo  A right proper at that!  ;) ;D ;D ;D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2020, 03:41:21 PM »
Yes sir!  @Ciardelo  A right proper at that!  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Brilliant!