Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 275318 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »
There's always the much touted Ultimate Art Bell compilation torrent, 62 gigs of it.

Audio quality allegedly varies but is acceptable ftmp.

Or one can lurk the daily stream and record away:

https://www.streamfinder.com/streaming-radio/the-very-best-of-art-bell-u7radio-org/40045/

Jazmunda (and others) have said the show collectors are missing quite a few.  Also, some of the shows they have are missing segments, the final hour, etc.  Apparently every once in awhile a Somewhere in Time broadcast is one they didn't have.

I'd guess there are more out there that people have, since for awhile back in the 90s Art was selling tapes of the shows, and some of those must still be around (not every one was reading BellGab, and people may not know others are looking for what they have).

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »
Jazmunda said the show collectors are missing quite a few.  Also, some of the shows they have are missing segments, the final hour, etc.  Apparently every once in awhile a Somewhere in Time broadcast is one they didn't have.

I'd guess there are more out there that people have, since for awhile back in the 90s Art was selling tapes of the shows, and some of those must still be around (not every one was reading BellGab, and people may not know others are looking for what they have).

Probably. There were SO many shows, no way to get them all. But we are liking that tunein.
  :)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2019, 03:10:44 PM »
Probably. There were SO many shows, no way to get them all. But we are liking that tunein.

I've never listened to an Art Bell show other than live (except for a few I recorded on the C Crane Versa-corder.  Before that pos broke).

So there are a zillion shows I have to look forward to sometime.  I've mostly had my fill of the paranormal though, his guests pretty much convinced me it's all BS (right, Hoagie?)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #363 on: April 07, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »

If you search tunein for “Art Bell” you will find several stations. I use u7, dreamland and advent radio the most.
Are we having fun yet?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2019, 03:35:17 PM »
There's always the much touted Ultimate Art Bell compilation torrent, 62 gigs of it.

https://www.streamfinder.com/streaming-radio/the-very-best-of-art-bell-u7radio-org/40045/
Thanks for the link for the Art Bell shows. Most of my life, I worked night shift. I could not listen to AB while at work. However, on my nights off, I was still a night person. My routine was in place. Stay up all night and sleep during the day. Listen to Art during the night.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »
we would like to ask for short audio clips of your Art Bell memories to play on our show. if you wish to do so, please email them to ellgabnews@gmail.com .

i know the bartcast is doing something similar so we understand if you do not want to do this. we ask that if you are sending the bartcast a clip, please do not send that clip to us.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #366 on: April 07, 2019, 03:45:07 PM »
Thanks for the link for the Art Bell shows. Most of my life, I worked night shift. I could not listen to AB while at work. However, on my nights off, I was still a night person. My routine was in place. Stay up all night and sleep during the day. Listen to Art during the night.

I never did night shift. I've worked 8 hour shifts and 10 hour shifts. Really didn't like the 10 hour shifts.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2019, 03:45:32 PM »
I've never listened to an Art Bell show other than live (except for a few I recorded on the C Crane Versa-corder.  Before that pos broke).

So there are a zillion shows I have to look forward to sometime.  I've mostly had my fill of the paranormal though, his guests pretty much convinced me it's all BS (right, Hoagie?)
I recently received my new C Crane radio. I enjoy having an AM FM radio in my kitchen. I listen to talk radio. Both local and national shows. Mark Levin and I have been doing the dishes in my kitchen for many years. I am lucky to have a few college radios stations that plays music. Paranormal radio bores me. Back in the 90's, I enjoyed listening to Art Bell live. Since his death, I have gone back to listening to Art Bell's old shows.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
I never did night shift. I've worked 8 hour shifts and 10 hour shifts. Really didn't like the 10 hour shifts.
I would work three 12 shifts a week, first nights and moved down to day shift. When did you listen to Art Bell?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »
we would like to ask for short audio clips of your Art Bell memories to play on our show. if you wish to do so, please email them to ellgabnews@gmail.com .

i know the bartcast is doing something similar so we understand if you do not want to do this. we ask that if you are sending the bartcast a clip, please do not send that clip to us.
@wr250 , I barely know how to clip my hair.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2019, 03:54:44 PM »
@wr250 , I barely know how to clip my hair.
its ok we plan on open lines after the time we have with Karen.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »

@26 horses maybe you could help me find my favorite Art Bell Show. Art Bell's interview with Dr Fred Bell (great nephew of Alexander Graham Bell) was the best. The topic was about possibility of Time Travel. Also, Dr Fred Bell talked about his time spent with the Moody Blues. Dr Bell talked on how music changes your brain and could heal you. I love hearing about Time Travel. I love music. So this show hit home with me. This show was on YouTube a few years ago. It is now gone :(

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2019, 04:19:32 PM »
@26 horses maybe you could help me find my favorite Art Bell Show. Art Bell's interview with Dr Fred Bell (great nephew of Alexander Graham Bell) was the best. The topic was about possibility of Time Travel. Also, Dr Fred Bell talked about his time spent with the Moody Blues. Dr Bell talked on how music changes your brain and could heal you. I love hearing about Time Travel. I love music. So this show hit home with me. This show was on YouTube a few years ago. It is now gone :(

Here's what's left on youtube now:

As for Art's interview with him - how about the Coast archives:

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/bell-fred/5609

One of those must be available to Coast Insiders.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #373 on: April 07, 2019, 04:20:33 PM »
I recently received my new C Crane radio. I enjoy having an AM FM radio in my kitchen. I listen to talk radio. Both local and national shows. Mark Levin and I have been doing the dishes in my kitchen for many years. I am lucky to have a few college radios stations that plays music. Paranormal radio bores me. Back in the 90's, I enjoyed listening to Art Bell live. Since his death, I have gone back to listening to Art Bell's old shows.

Mark Levin is terrific.  We have some local stations for car rides, but there are WAY too many commercials. I'm enjoying very much Spaced Out Radio Show and Spooky Southcoasts. Good suggestions here have me finding Art streaming away, I'll be enjoying those.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #374 on: April 07, 2019, 04:22:03 PM »
Mine was just the reverse, listen to Art streaming on Realplayer during the workday - my favorite show was Sunday night's Dreamland.

Did you ever listen to the Laura Lee program?