Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 280936 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #870 on: April 20, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #871 on: April 20, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Lancelot

• KIDD
« Reply #872 on: April 25, 2020, 10:24:15 AM »
mitd was running an Art Bell replay again last night. As much as I do not like the new host and topics I still listen when they run a Bell show.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #873 on: April 25, 2020, 01:19:34 PM »
mitd was running an Art Bell replay again last night. As much as I do not like the new host and topics I still listen when they run a Bell show.

Hello!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

October Rust

• KIDD
« Reply #874 on: May 29, 2020, 01:47:35 PM »
Hey guys, saw a post on Reddit last week that a Youtuber has been uploading episode's of Art's "Area 2000" show.  Did anyone catch them, or better yet save them? 

Of course, the Youtuber deleted the videos, but when I google their name I can see an archive that looks like they uploaded at least an episode from October 24th, 1993.

Here's the post from Reddit:
"A user name, sable lidara, on You Tube posts Art's Area 2000 shows on and off. I listened there to his last Area 2000 show before his going to Dreamland, an interview with Lazar, and others. The shows are recorded off KDWN Las Vegas. Last I looked, only an old zombie movie."

Seems like there haven't been many(if any) new Art Bell recordings discovered in the last few years, so these would obviously be a pretty incredible find.

I'm going to continue trying to get in contact with the Youtuber, and will update here if I have any luck- but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone here maybe was able to catch them while they were up.

Thanks!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #875 on: May 29, 2020, 02:57:27 PM »
Hey guys, saw a post on Reddit last week that a Youtuber has been uploading episode's of Art's "Area 2000" show.  Did anyone catch them, or better yet save them? 

Of course, the Youtuber deleted the videos, but when I google their name I can see an archive that looks like they uploaded at least an episode from October 24th, 1993.

"A user name, sable lidara, on You Tube posts Art's Area 2000 shows on and off. I listened there to his last Area 2000 show before his going to Dreamland, an interview with Lazar, and others. The shows are recorded off KDWN Las Vegas. Last I looked, only an old zombie movie."

Seems like there haven't been many(if any) new Art Bell recordings discovered in the last few years, so these would obviously be a pretty incredible find.

I'm going to continue trying to get in contact with the Youtuber, and will update here if I have any luck- but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone here maybe was able to catch them while they were up.

Thanks!

Considering Art had "turned over*" high-quality in-studio tapes, anything we hear is a treat.  I wish Art bootlegged himself.  There's a reason C2C/Premier has been playing Somewhere in Time and started selling "the vault."

25-year old Art is worth more than 25-hour old Noory.

*Likely all the tapes were physically handed over when CBC was sold, thus the vault is possible.

Hopefully, somebody in at PremCrap will release them like someone did all the Beatles outtakes while that was being digitized.

Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #876 on: May 29, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »

Thanks!

Around a year ago someone offered me a bunch of tapes they said were not in circulation. I remember them mentioning a few pre-C2C shows being part of it. They never came back with a sample after I asked for one.

SpookyTim

• Elluminati
  • Say "Goodnight, America"
    • Spooky Southcoast
« Reply #877 on: May 29, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
Around a year ago someone offered me a bunch of tapes they said were not in circulation. I remember them mentioning a few pre-C2C shows being part of it. They never came back with a sample after I asked for one.

I had a guest on MITD before I was dumped that worked with Art and Lazar on that program, and said Lazar probably has the tapes. It was the first I'd ever heard of it. Michelle and I both reached out but haven't heard anything back.
Stay Spooktacular!

October Rust

• KIDD
« Reply #878 on: May 29, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »

If it's the same person I'm thinking of(can't remember their name or anything), I was actually able to get a CD from him.  Iirc, he was selling stuff on ebay as well as promoting on Bellgab?  My memory is hazy.  Anyways, I remember being excited for a lot of 1993 and earlier stuff, which it was, but it wasn't Art Bell interviews.  It was John Lear talking with maybe George Knapp, etc.  He might've been holding out on me, but there weren't any Art Bell recordings that weren't already in circulation.  I remember it having the same 1992 Bob Lazar/John Lear interview that was uploaded maybe 8 years ago.

I'm really hoping something comes from this Area 2000 lead, I reached out to the user again.

Here's a link to their youtube if you want to keep an eye out for uploads as well - https://www.youtube.com /channel/UCn9ohfBKikJiIOVXHrSy4Iw

October Rust

• KIDD
« Reply #879 on: June 02, 2020, 09:13:34 AM »
They reuploaded an episode!

Going to download it now in case it gets taken down.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #880 on: June 06, 2020, 07:11:51 PM »
What a sad state of affairs modern media is in...

An Art Bell show from 6/6/96 is getting my mindspace instead of the news of the world.  An Ed Dames remote viewing PREDICTION show, no less 24 years old!!!

Somewhere in Time on right now.  iHeartRadio KOGO-AM 600.
Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #881 on: June 07, 2020, 05:18:57 AM »
What a sad state of affairs modern media is in...

An Art Bell show from 6/6/96 is getting my mindspace instead of the news of the world.  An Ed Dames remote viewing PREDICTION show, no less 24 years old!!!

Somewhere in Time on right now.  iHeartRadio KOGO-AM 600.
@sean92008
The news is so horrible and twisted. I know Art Bell had issues. Yet, he knew how to entertain us.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #882 on: June 07, 2020, 06:40:56 AM »
@sean92008
The news is so horrible and twisted. I know Art Bell had issues. Yet, he knew how to entertain us.
... funny, the Ed Dames show was... horrible and twisted 😁😁😁

If Ed Dames is trying to stay in business today, Somewhere in Time must give him the sweats.  Dames said "there's no turning back" (paraphrased) on all the babies dying from ecological damage...

Great entertainment, agreed.  Noory sells Art's 20+ year old shows to keep subscriptions up.  A double-edged sword. It shows how great Art was and how bad George is.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #883 on: June 07, 2020, 06:58:38 AM »
... funny, the Ed Dames show was... horrible and twisted 😁😁😁

If Ed Dames is trying to stay in business today, Somewhere in Time must give him the sweats.  Dames said "there's no turning back" (paraphrased) on all the babies dying from ecological damage...
That must be why we have so many mean babies.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #884 on: June 07, 2020, 07:15:49 AM »
That must be why we have so many mean babies.

Don't have to bring up Falkie in this thread, he's got his own...

😁😁😁
Eh, nevermind...