Poll

Should George Knapp replace George Noory in a heart beat?

Yes
47 (85.5%)
no
4 (7.3%)
maybe
4 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Coast to Coast am With George Knapp  (Read 50447 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast am With George Knapp
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2018, 08:18:20 PM »
What happened was, about a half hour into the second guest, the C2C control server went temporarily cray-cray.  It went from a long smooth jazz song, into a Jimmy Church replay, into a Knapp/Birnes replay, into a premature Dinovite commercial - wild set list.  Then Knapp returned live, explained the malfunction was resolved, and all was ok again even though I still don't believe in Croatian ufo's.

Odd. Listened eariler watering plants and full show. From an anonymous 'source' that is back with no ads or bumpers (bad, that, for Syrett or Knapp,) but no tech issues that I could tell. Some bleed bumpers once and the obvious accent which not a problem with me.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2018, 08:20:04 PM »
No, the best C2C host of all time who had the required minimum at-bats is Ian Punnet.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2018, 11:48:16 AM »
No, the best C2C host of all time who had the required minimum at-bats is Ian Punnet.

Ian is hosting again Friday night  :)  And Knapp again Sunday night  :)
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

jump

• KIDD
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »
Odd. Listened eariler watering plants and full show. From an anonymous 'source' that is back with no ads or bumpers (bad, that, for Syrett or Knapp,) but no tech issues that I could tell. Some bleed bumpers once and the obvious accent which not a problem with me.

The third "hour" was cut short by about 13 minutes. Knapp did address it when they came back on.

Good show. I actually have resubscribed to Coast, it may be my mind playing tricks on me but I feel like the show has been slightly re-energized since Art's death.

Granted, I only find myself downloading the Punnett/Knapp/Syrett/Willis shows so far.

zeebo

• KDWN
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »
...and the obvious accent which not a problem with me.

I know it's bad, but I kept thinking of Yakov Smirnoff ... "In Soviet Russia, UFO makes report about YOU!"

zeebo

• KDWN
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »
...Granted, I only find myself downloading the Punnett/Knapp/Syrett/Willis shows so far.

Those are the ones I like.  The first three are all pros imho, and Ms. Connie is fun in her own way, once in a while.  Noory n' Garr really skew down the C2C average.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2018, 07:29:42 AM »
Wow.  Not one post for Knapp's show last night?  Oh well, I didn't make it last night, either.  Looks like Nebraska, one of Knapp's biggest fans, has yet to find her way to Bart Ell's outpost, too. 
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

DelCrossE

• KIDD
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2018, 07:46:22 AM »
I heard some of the show.  I have always thought George Knapp was the best host.  Ian to me is to combative with the guest and tries to argue with the guest "expert" about their field.  George keeps the show directed and asks great questions, IMO.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2018, 08:18:10 AM »
I heard some of the show.  I have always thought George Knapp was the best host.  Ian to me is to combative with the guest and tries to argue with the guest "expert" about their field.  George keeps the show directed and asks great questions, IMO.
Agree.  At least Ian isn't a boring dunce, like Noory, but Knapp is number 1.  Too bad we only get him several times a month and most of the time PremRat has succeeded in turning C2C into a boring infomercial or a stage for Jorch's imbecilic buffoonery.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2018, 08:25:59 AM »
I wish he was a little less dry, and did fewer (preferably zero) shows on UFOs

ACE OF CLUBS

• Nursery Resident
  • KDWN
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2018, 08:29:43 AM »
I have always thought George Knapp was the best host.  Ian to me is to combative with the guest and tries to argue with the guest 'expert' about their field.  George keeps the show directed and asks great questions ......

Agree ..... Ian can become irritating after awhile.
His 'superiority complex' isn't all that well hidden at times.

George has a natural enthusiasm .... it's apparent in his voice and subjects.
Pleasant and interesting .....

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
Wow.  Not one post for Knapp's show last night?  Oh well, I didn't make it last night, either.  Looks like Nebraska, one of Knapp's biggest fans, has yet to find her way to Bart Ell's outpost, too.

Now I don't feel so bad about sleeping through it all again.  That's right, Nebraska isn't here.  So many castaways lost at sea after the Bellgab breakup.  Shame.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2018, 08:32:43 AM »
Agree ..... Ian can become irritating after awhile.
His 'superiority complex' isn't all that well hidden at times.

George has a natural enthusiasm .... it's apparent in his voice and subjects.
Pleasant and interesting .....

Ditto.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2018, 08:33:27 AM »
I wish he was a little less dry, and did fewer (preferably zero) shows on UFOs

I too could do with fewer UFO shows.  I know it's his "thing" but I am weary of it.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2018, 08:52:52 AM »
I too could do with fewer UFO shows.  I know it's his "thing" but I am weary of it.

At this point I'm not interested in hearing anymore about it.  UFOs as entertaining campfire stories have run their course.  Still, it's better than the shows he used to do featuring the Raelians.  I once sent him an email, something about why did he have them on fairly regularly when they are (were?) a cult and obvious frauds.  He wrote back asking me how I knew that to be the case. 

The guy isn't capable of distinguishing BS from not.  He's an 'I Want To Believe' nut dressed up as a reporter.