Author Topic: Remembering @ShayP  (Read 7671 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Remembering @ShayP
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2022, 07:42:54 PM »
I’ll miss the dude.

I’ve met a handful of ‘gabbers over the years and @ShayP was one of the ones I had the chance to meet. I was in the DC area before he moved back to Pittsburgh. He drove up from Rebel country and we toured the air and space museum out at Dulles.

I thought enough of him to send him my only baseball bobble head after he moved back to Pittsburgh. The Pirates gave away a Sean Casey bobble head the day they traded him to the Detroit Tigers in July of 2006. I happened to be at the game and @ShayP was a fan of the guy they called “The Mayor”. So I sent him a surprise gift.

He was a good guy. He claimed he overcame his lifelong fear of crossing the Mississippi River and threatened to visit numerous times but never did. He’s free to roam around now.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2022, 10:09:43 PM »
Our plans are so frail.

His Christmas menu sounds great. I'd grill the asparagus AND green beans with oil, pepper and sesame seeds, if I were to put a little Japanese twist to it.

It's got to be really hard, even into old age, when you bury a child. That is so abhorrent to nature.

I left a to-do list for my oldest when I die.  It includes coming here and stringing together a long list of expletives, all aimed at @KSM, of course. The instructions go on to make sure that accusations of him being a closeted Yngwie Malmsteen fanboi are made.
😁😁😁😁
HAHAhaha!  Fucker! @sean92008 I don't hate Yngwie. I was already taken by George and Angus so my storehouse was full in those formative years.  ;D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2022, 10:48:43 PM »
HAHAhaha!  Fucker! @sean92008 I don't hate Yngwie. I was already taken by George and Angus so my storehouse anushole was full in those formative years.  ;D

FIFY - RIP ShayP
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2022, 06:02:37 AM »
Very sorry to hear this, ShayP struck me as a gentle soul with a good sense of humor.  Will someone be posting his obituary, assuming one is available?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2022, 09:20:30 AM »
KSM is in touch with ShayP's mother so if there is one he can get it through her. I know Shay had been dealing with health issues and was frustrated with the medical support he was getting
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2022, 09:30:57 AM »
KSM is in touch with ShayP's mother so if there is one he can get it through her. I know Shay had been dealing with health issues and was frustrated with the medical support he was getting

Thanks TL, hopefully we can see his obit.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2022, 10:00:38 AM »
I have her permission to relay any further information when it comes. So I will. I imagine the autopsy will take a few days. She is having him cremated.  A mom to outlive her son.. ugh

PS his dad was a scumbag and has never been part of the picture.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2022, 01:32:11 AM »
There is no way I can say anything more than what has been said here before me. He always struck as a kind and gentle soul. Not to mention a funny joker at heart.

You will be missed ShayP. RGORH will not be the same without you.  Fish and now you have went to the other side.

The rest of you better make plans on sticking around until I go.

:( :-\ :'( :-[
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2022, 08:53:49 AM »
Don't be in any rush @Exile . Those have been hard enough on my heart. Merry Christmas
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2022, 03:37:13 PM »
I leave for a few days and return to this shitty news.  I didn’t know him well but I am glad I knew him a little through this place.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2022, 04:07:49 PM »
Don't be in any rush @Exile . Those have been hard enough on my heart. Merry Christmas

I'm not in any rush, that's for sure. Too many of us have disappeared or passed to the other side, though. It does weigh on the heart.

Happy Festivus to you!

:)
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2022, 12:56:40 AM »
RIP ShayP.  What a sincere, nice, perceptive person.

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2022, 07:40:34 AM »
I came here to look for something that was posted a long time ago. I noticed this right away on the main page and what a downer it is to read that.

He was always pleasant, and really fun to chat with during Hoaxland's live threads.

Rest in peace ShayP.
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2022, 08:16:45 AM »
Such sad news at what should have been a happy time for him and his family. I also very much enjoyed reading his posts like all of you. Getting old myself truly brings home just how special and fragile life is. My heartfelt condolences to his family. May God’s blessings bring them courage and comfort in this rough time.
Repose en Paix, Bon Ami.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2022, 10:55:59 AM »
 :'(
Happy Birthday Shay. You are missed.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.