Author Topic: Coast to Coast am with Connie Willis  (Read 12566 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast am with Connie Willis
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2022, 08:38:41 AM »
In the last hour this morning during open lines, Connie took a call from a vegan and animal rights activist/author who was clearly bucking for a C2C guest appearance. During his spiel, he told the story of a guy who weighed 135 pounds before becoming a vegan, then four years later after becoming a vegan he weighed over 1000 pounds.  At that point Connie told him to leave his contact information with the screener and she went to a break. 

Did I miss something?  Assuming the half ton guy story is true, wouldn't that be a reason not to become a vegan?

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2022, 12:19:52 AM »
In the last hour this morning during open lines, Connie took a call from a vegan and animal rights activist/author who was clearly bucking for a C2C guest appearance. During his spiel, he told the story of a guy who weighed 135 pounds before becoming a vegan, then four years later after becoming a vegan he weighed over 1000 pounds.  At that point Connie told him to leave his contact information with the screener and she went to a break. 

Did I miss something?  Assuming the half ton guy story is true, wouldn't that be a reason not to become a vegan?

I thought it was something about bench pressing, dead lifting or some other prodigious feat.

But I could be wrong.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2022, 08:59:34 PM »
Connie's show last night wasn't bad, her two guests were fairly entertaining and she went along for the ride.  The old gal who talked her way into becoming a literary agent was a stream of consciousness thinker who, other than taking the odd breath, didn't pause long enough for Connie to say much.  The guest also set the C2C record for the number of times saying, "Anyway....." in a two hour segment.  Had it been a drinking game, we'd have all been shit faced.

The second guest, an astrophysicist from some community college in FL, was fun to listen to, and was most gracious in answering the typically asinine C2C callers' questions.  Connie kinda yucked it with him, and they seemed to develop a rapport.   I'd like to hear this guy with either Ian or Richard.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2023, 07:19:34 AM »
Over on reddit, they say that one of Willis's guests admitted that he had been drinking during their interview?  She seems baked half the time so that must have been a fun one.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2023, 07:56:26 AM »
Over on reddit, they say that one of Willis's guests admitted that he had been drinking during their interview?  She seems baked half the time so that must have been a fun one.
Ha! I’d think you’d want to be blitzed to have to suffer through pothead Chuckles.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2023, 01:31:22 PM »
Has Chuckles nudged in on Lee Cigar's air time?  I haven't accidentally tuned in enough to know if Cigar is even on the air anymore.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2023, 01:38:52 PM »
Has Chuckles nudged in on Lee Cigar's air time?  I haven't accidentally tuned in enough to know if Cigar is even on the air anymore.
Lisa Garr did host one Sunday back in November, but she doesn't do so very often now.
Lately the main guest and weekend hosts have been Ian Punnett, Richard Syrett, and Connie Willis plus George Knapp for 2-3 Sundays/month.
Apparently Connie was the only one to volunteer to host the weekend holiday shows, she has nothing else to do apparently on holidays?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2023, 01:59:01 PM »
Lisa Garr did host one Sunday back in November, but she doesn't do so very often now.
Lately the main guest and weekend hosts have been Ian Punnett, Richard Syrett, and Connie Willis plus George Knapp for 2-3 Sundays/month.
Apparently Connie was the only one to volunteer to host the weekend holiday shows, she has nothing else to do apparently on holidays?
Chuckles Willis is no doubt taking advantage of any opportunities to show Ms. Julie she’s a good corporate stooge and getting ready to make her move when sNoory’s clock runs out. She’s probably willing to work for even less than Jorch.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »
Is it snowing where you live? Is it raining? Humph... Climate change!

No. It's a fucking the thing called "Winter."
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2023, 01:33:44 PM »
Connie and UFO author/bottom feeder Preston Dennett yucked it up for two hours.  They should take it on the road and bill themselves as "Giggles and Giggles."

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2023, 02:07:10 PM »
Connie and UFO author/bottom feeder Preston Dennett yucked it up for two hours.  They should take it on the road and bill themselves as "Giggles and Giggles."

I've never seen her walk. Something I bet she does is wiggle.
Eh, nevermind...

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2023, 05:47:18 PM »
I caught some of the Dennett-Willis "interview".  She's borderline unlistenable.  It's one thing not to take yourself too seriously, but she takes it to the realm of silliness.  It's honestly like listening to a high schooler just goofing off.  Add to that she's constantly plugging C2C crap along with her own.

She's so bad she surely is next in line for Noory's job.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2023, 12:46:38 AM »
She shared the story that she wouldn't go to sleep until she heard the Bob Seger song Night Moves. I don't believe it for one minute. I think it's a random drug-induced claim.

She's saying y'all over and over and over.  Is she pulling some feigned relatability bullshit?
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2023, 12:07:33 PM »
Credit where credit is due, Connie did a good job interviewing animation voiceover actor Bob Bergen this morning.  Most of the callers either wanted Bergen to do a specific character, or wanted to do their own imitations of those character voices.  Connie did a good job moderating and Begen was very gracious.  Finally a show/topic where her annoying giggles where not out of place with the comical guest.

And btw, for those of us who've wondered about Connie's age, she told us she graduated from high school in 1983.  Assuming she was truthful, that puts her in the 57-59 age  range.  I had her pegged in her early 50s.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2023, 12:22:22 PM »
She does a good job, but I wasn't listening...  Typical...
Eh, nevermind...