Author Topic: Convince me Covid-19 is worse than the usual run of viral pneumonias, huh?  (Read 12314 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
From Old Italy to all my friends in New Italy.
#NewItaly

https://twitter.com/protectheflames/status/1241696164782669824
Wow, thanks!  So they're going up to people who are all alone in a vast space, and making them go home!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Take my coronavirus, please.

JUAN

• Ellevated
Why aren’t the homeless dropping by the thousands?
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Why aren’t the homeless dropping by the thousands?

Being out in the sun all day makes sure they get plenty of Vitamin D.
Are we having fun yet?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Being out in the sun all day makes sure they get plenty of Vitamin D.
That might be a little factor, but mostly that the homeless aren't cooped up indoors with anyone.  Unless they're "homeless" in a group shelter!

JUAN

• Ellevated
It could also be the Sterno and hair tonic diets.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
How does one become an Anniem expert? Does it require years of training and diligent field work to identify and record one in the wild? Or can I take an online course and receive a certificate? It seems like I may have extra time at home. I may as well do something productive with it

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe

Awwwww ... @anniem . Thank you so much. I'm going to print it out and hang it over my desk 😺
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
Robert I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you and your opinions in this thread of yours.  What a pathetic bunch of shit the whole thing is. I sincerely wish everybody who perpetuates this garbage dies a much worse death than this lousy cold that has the world in its clutches.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Awwwww ... @anniem . Thank you so much. I'm going to print it out and hang it over my desk 😺

Where the smilers over sized left eyeball will watch your every move.  Behave yourself @TigerLily It'll be watching..................

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Where the smilers over sized left eyeball will watch your every move.  Behave yourself @TigerLily It'll be watching..................

That's not creepy at all. But it is nice to know someonething cares. I will be sure to wear something pretty. Keep smiling
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Cleveland Zackhouse

• KNYE
  • Americae Delenda Est

We old and sick types get viral pneumonias.  Enough of us die from it that it's considered one of the leading causes of death.  The people dying from Covid-19 would likely have gotten some other fatal pneumonia sooner or later.  Nobody previously has thought to try to prevent this phenomenon by controlling pneumonia viruses in the general population, even if somewhat effective vaccines for them are developed.

We haven't seen people getting seriously sick in such a short period of time before. Hospitals are used to flu epidemics straining the system but this one appears to be overloading already scarce medical resources. If you've ever been in an ICU or high-dependency unit before you'll see that it's tiny compared to the rest of the hospital. They're expensive and need constant monitoring. All this talk about 'flattening the curve' is about trying to manage the inflow of patients so that people aren't literally dying on the streets. We're talking about people gasping for air, which is a horrifying end for anybody. It's about the general population exercising collective responsibility for the welfare of each other. It might end up with your relative being left to die in agony because they can't be treated.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
So what did they do today?

They changed the measuring stick so the peak disappeared!

"Note: On March 24, CDC updated the data included in this figure to include estimated illness onset date."

Before that, they were using only known illness onset dates.

anniem

• Ellevated
Went to the store today. They are out of nothing.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Went to the store today. They are out of nothing.

DID THEY MENTION WHEN THEY ARE EXPECTING TO GET MORE IN?