Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820730 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #825 on: November 06, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
Norry had a legitimate scientist on last night and attempted to understand the "Big Bang" many many times at one point Sir Martin Rees said "I'm sitting here flailing my arms around and wish I could show you some drawings." And then Norry bullied a disable lady to hurry up and make her comment, when she was struggling to get the words out, which was, essentially, that she didn't appreciate the comments about end of life and quality of life, but misunderstood and thought they were saying that disabled people shouldn't be saved.

https://royalsociety.org/people/martin-rees-12156/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Rees

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #826 on: November 06, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
Norry had a legitimate scientist on last night and attempted to understand the "Big Bang" many many times at one point Sir Martin Rees said "I'm sitting here flailing my arms around and wish I could show you some drawings." And then Norry bullied a disable lady to hurry up and make her comment, when she was struggling to get the words out, which was, essentially, that she didn't appreciate the comments about end of life and quality of life, but misunderstood and thought they were saying that disabled people shouldn't be saved.

Maybe she understood him fine enough, because early on Noory basically said that lives without much quality aren't worth living, as he has insinuated before.  Which is a real slap in the face to people with infirmaties and disabilities.  When Jesus fasted 40 days and nights, He didn't say life wasn't worth living.  When that guy Job in the Old Testament lost everything, including his health, it is a good thing he carried on! 

Lately it seems like everyone associates Advanced Directives with Do Not Resuscitate orders.  But believe it or not, there are some people who DO want to live even if they are debilitated or unable.to speak out loud.  Maybe they enjoy their dreams.  Maybe they have an active prayer life, and feel they hear the Holy Spirit.  Maybe they don't mind a compromised existence.  Maybe their lives were rich and full and they don't mind allowing some boredom and humility.  Advanced Directives should be referred to as Do or Do Not Resuscitate, not simply Do Not Resuscitate.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #827 on: November 06, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »

It seems like he is twice as disrespectful to women as he would be to men.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #828 on: November 06, 2018, 10:28:51 PM »
Maybe she understood him fine enough, because early on Noory basically said that lives without much quality aren't worth living, as he has insinuated before.  Which is a real slap in the face to people with infirmaties and disabilities.  When Jesus fasted 40 days and nights, He didn't say life wasn't worth living.  When that guy Job in the Old Testament lost everything, including his health, it is a good thing he carried on! 

Lately it seems like everyone associates Advanced Directives with Do Not Resuscitate orders.  But believe it or not, there are some people who DO want to live even if they are debilitated or unable.to speak out loud.  Maybe they enjoy their dreams.  Maybe they have an active prayer life, and feel they hear the Holy Spirit.  Maybe they don't mind a compromised existence.  Maybe their lives were rich and full and they don't mind allowing some boredom and humility.  Advanced Directives should be referred to as Do or Do Not Resuscitate, not simply Do Not Resuscitate.

What, exactly, is the quality of Snorgie's life? 

Waiting around all day to do a job he hates and sucks at

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #829 on: November 07, 2018, 12:24:03 AM »

So seeing as he is so fulfilled, why should he pick on debilitated people, insinuating that their lives aren't worth preserving, especially since you just said his own is very debilitated.  At least mentally.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #830 on: November 07, 2018, 03:56:03 AM »

How dare you! He has eight hours of show prep, four hours of show, and a couple of hours of turkee sammichs with Tommy after the show. Add in his tv show and his live appearances and hours spent avoiding being crushed by his huge fans, an hour a day avoiding calls from falkie and heather, and he has a full, meaningful life.
Merry Christmas

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #831 on: November 07, 2018, 05:21:22 AM »

I always like to hear how legit guest respond to woo/conspiracy type questions.  A caller asked Rees something about if rising ocean temperatures could be caused by Nibaru, unfortunately he didn't seem to get the question. 

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #832 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »
 I must be a glutton for punishment, I had to turn into Noory's "news" segment after the election to hear what Trump head cheerleader said and he didn't disappoint. He credited Trump in helping Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker to win... one problem, Scott Walker lost. Put another classic moment on C2C archives   ;D :D :o

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #833 on: November 07, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
I always like to hear how legit guest respond to woo/conspiracy type questions.  A caller asked Rees something about if rising ocean temperatures could be caused by Nibaru, unfortunately he didn't seem to get the question.
Same. Those can be classics. Especially when the guest is a legitimate expert in the discipline in which he works or got degree (not, for example, a dentist who is an "expert" in past lives.)  And when they are first-timers. I love the stunned silence that often happens after Norry or a caller asks a woo/conspiracy question. More frequent experts know how to do the brush-off "wellll, that is really not my area of expertice" and even sometimes "that is something I might need to look into" if feeling nice.  I think a lot of them start shaking their heads and texting their agent "why did you get me on this show," in the background. And also leave the show worried about the state of American people and the younger generation.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #834 on: November 07, 2018, 04:22:35 PM »
How dare you! He has eight hours of show prep, four hours of show, and a couple of hours of turkee sammichs with Tommy after the show. Add in his tv show and his live appearances and hours spent avoiding being crushed by his huge fans, an hour a day avoiding calls from falkie and heather, and he has a full, meaningful life.
Sounds about right.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #835 on: November 07, 2018, 11:51:18 PM »
Sounds about right.
How can he live in California and not pronounce Jesús Martinez??  It's not Geesus Martin Us!

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #836 on: November 08, 2018, 12:09:08 AM »

The guest on these shows are all Johnny One Notes, can't listen to them but I do listen to Norry embarrass himself. Tonight's guest sounds familiar to me, a regular guest no doubt but I'm not going to go to the Coast website to find out because it's meaningless he's just another kook or fraud.

So this guy contends that there's been remarkable progress is telekinesis and 'they' whoever 'they' are are levitating large objects, the size/weight of billiard balls. What does Jorch have to add to that? 'That's how they moved the boulders at the great pyramids of Giza'.  He no more believes the pyramids were built using levitating boulders than he believes in Santa Claus. His whole shtick is to get his audience to believe he's like them and these topics interest him. Then when he has a rare skeptic on as a guest of course Jorch shuts up about the little green men but in deference to his audience will say something like 'Everybody's entitled to their opinion.'

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #837 on: November 08, 2018, 12:24:19 AM »

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #838 on: November 08, 2018, 01:37:46 AM »
Must be nice playing love songs just for production value before his dating website ads lately!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #839 on: November 08, 2018, 07:24:03 AM »
The guest on these shows are all Johnny One Notes, can't listen to them but I do listen to Norry embarrass himself. Tonight's guest sounds familiar to me, a regular guest no doubt but I'm not going to go to the Coast website to find out because it's meaningless he's just another kook or fraud.

So this guy contends that there's been remarkable progress is telekinesis and 'they' whoever 'they' are are levitating large objects, the size/weight of billiard balls. What does Jorch have to add to that? 'That's how they moved the boulders at the great pyramids of Giza'.  He no more believes the pyramids were built using levitating boulders than he believes in Santa Claus. His whole shtick is to get his audience to believe he's like them and these topics interest him. Then when he has a rare skeptic on as a guest of course Jorch shuts up about the little green men but in deference to his audience will say something like 'Everybody's entitled to their opinion.'

Sumpthin's go-wun on