Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 231365 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #810 on: September 14, 2020, 05:48:01 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I found some burnt leaves and a clump of solid ash on the backyard the next morning.

The garden needs a moat!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #811 on: September 14, 2020, 05:49:53 AM »
Well that's not good.  @Rikki Gins

@ShayP  No.  I was up all that night listening to the fire and police scanner plus waiting for an automated phone call to evacuate.  But the fire rolled over some hills to the east and beyond.  Lots of houses and businesses destroyed in neighboring towns.  I was up all night last night because winds were supposed to crop up and fan more fires, but there was no wind.  Still lots of smoke out there.  Everyone is crying climate change.  I can't speak for all the fires but the ones around EllGab Garden West were started by arsonists. 

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #812 on: September 14, 2020, 05:56:51 AM »
The garden needs a moat!

That would be nice.  And a castle to go with it.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #813 on: September 14, 2020, 06:16:00 AM »
@ShayP  No.  I was up all that night listening to the fire and police scanner plus waiting for an automated phone call to evacuate.  But the fire rolled over some hills to the east and beyond.  Lots of houses and businesses destroyed in neighboring towns.  I was up all night last night because winds were supposed to crop up and fan more fires, but there was no wind.  Still lots of smoke out there.  Everyone is crying climate change.  I can't speak for all the fires but the ones around EllGab Garden West were started by arsonists.

I hope this passes soon and your mind can be at ease.  @Rikki Gins  The whole thing is horrible.  I saw stuff about people claiming climate change caused the fires. Some of the fires were set by people and that should be their current focus.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #814 on: September 14, 2020, 06:16:32 AM »

LOL

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #815 on: September 14, 2020, 08:48:13 AM »

Don't forget the alligators for the moat.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #816 on: September 14, 2020, 08:49:30 AM »
Stay safe Rikki!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #817 on: September 14, 2020, 09:40:53 AM »

You stay safe, RG. There was a fire on labor day a mile from here, but it was accidental. People have these huge propane tanks next to their homes. One poor soul lit his gas grill and stepped away. When he returned, it was on fire. It got to the tank and blew up. He lost his home and a vacant lot next to him was also burned, but he got away safely with his dog. Fire department did an outstanding job. Arsonists have started a number of other fires. 
BASTARDS!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #818 on: September 14, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
I did it in your honor.  @KSM32   Your idea was so splendid that I had to act quickly...as you said, "at your behest."  ;)
@ShayP and I'd bet real money that you could make a killer sandwich. Me, not so much. All about the ratios and I can't get it right.

All my tomatoes are frost burnt and my peppers never really had a chance this year.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2020, 10:49:51 AM »
@ShayP and I'd bet real money that you could make a killer sandwich. Me, not so much. All about the ratios and I can't get it right.

All my tomatoes are frost burnt and my peppers never really had a chance this year.

Thanks man.  I'd like to think so, especially since working with food was my job for nearly 30 years.  @KSM32  But I burned out a while ago and have looked for other opportunities.  I do get inspired though.  Holiday's, catering events, etc.  Anyway...sorry about the tomatoes and peppers.  At least you give it a go.  Sadly I do not have a green thumb and have failed at every garden I ever attempted.  It wasn't even the weather's fault either.

Oh, I bet you can build a great sandwich.  You seem to have good taste and know what your doing so don't bullshit a bullshitter.  ;) ;D  I'd bet real money you'd be killer in a professional kitchen.  Just sayin.'

CHEERS!  8)

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #820 on: September 14, 2020, 11:45:28 AM »
Thanks man.  I'd like to think so, especially since working with food was my job for nearly 30 years.  @KSM32  But I burned out a while ago and have looked for other opportunities.  I do get inspired though.  Holiday's, catering events, etc.  Anyway...sorry about the tomatoes and peppers.  At least you give it a go.  Sadly I do not have a green thumb and have failed at every garden I ever attempted.  It wasn't even the weather's fault either.

Oh, I bet you can build a great sandwich.  You seem to have good taste and know what your doing so don't bullshit a bullshitter.  ;) ;D  I'd bet real money you'd be killer in a professional kitchen.  Just sayin.'

CHEERS!  8)

Oh @ShayP, I bet it was climate change that did your gardens in. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #821 on: September 14, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »
Oh @ShayP, I bet it was climate change that did your gardens in.

LOL! @Ciardelo  That, along with my divorce, my libido, my IBS, poor gas mileage in a finely tuned (apparently not so much) car, my disdain for Limburger cheese, etc.  I should've saw it coming..  Climate change has ruined my life!   ;) ;D

But seriously, I feel I can cast my hand over someone's garden and it would die.  No green thumb for me.  Black thumb I guess.  :-\

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #822 on: September 15, 2020, 08:53:27 AM »
This popped up on its own in the grass under our mango tree.   It's been 2-3 weeks since we potted it and it remains viable.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[attachment[/attachment]

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #823 on: September 15, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
This popped up on its own in the grass under our mango tree.   It's been 2-3 weeks since we potted it and it remains viable.

What type of grass is that, Kid?  It looks almost succulent in nature.  Most likely indigenous to your area?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #824 on: September 16, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »
Took some pics of my autumn garden. 

This first one is a “Pea Eggplant”.  There are other names for it here in the states.  It has a weird flavor that seems to go really well with Panang curry.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[attachment[/attachment]
Are we having fun yet?