Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 832184 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1965 on: April 05, 2021, 07:18:23 AM »
Another edition tonight of George Noory's Emerging Artist Cavalcade

so far I've heard a Latin lounge instrumental I'm sure played on a Casio keyboard bought at Walmart for $24.99 which was followed up on the other side of the commercial break by a sad rendition of Leaving on A Jet Plane

emerging artists indeed, emerging from cryogenic sleep chambers they were put into in 1968
Ha!  Yes, indeed, those submerging artists noise submissions were somewhat painful to endure.  The Leaving on a Jet Plane would have made a dog howl.  Tommee must not be screening these things or he’s tone deaf or just doesn’t give a crap.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #1966 on: April 05, 2021, 09:29:04 AM »
Perhaps the subpar new artist song submissions would not be so insufferable if parameters allowed only Weird Al styled entries.

For example, HEAVING ON A JET PLANE.

It practically writes itself.

Shake things UP, Tommy, you godless first Phantasm victim!

The Flying Dreamstate

• KIDD
  • You are a "creative". He is only one's and zeros.
    • https://artbelllegacy.com/
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
« Reply #1967 on: April 05, 2021, 09:40:49 AM »
Perhaps the subpar new artist song submissions would not be so insufferable if parameters allowed only Weird Al styled entries.

For example, HEAVING ON A JET PLANE.

It practically writes itself.

Shake things UP, Tommy, you godless first Phantasm victim!

Dear Bart,

STOP these clowns.

Call Paul, Keith, Rubinovitch and Danny.

yawn

-Art

Is time our invention, or is time a real thing... I realize we're measuring it, but in the cosmic scheme of things, is there really time?

Radio is not a job; it's a way of life. You can't ever really leave it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1968 on: April 05, 2021, 12:12:24 PM »
It seems the quality of submissions have dropped considerably. I also don't understand why these artists don't submit a cut that forces them to play the hook instead of a shitty 35-second intro. It is either really bad production on Tom's part or really stupid on the artist's part. The one saving grace of listening to that crap is that I feel a lot better about my vocals from the old days.

I heard some really bad vocals on that leaving on a jet plane song. I do believe that was a major artist because it was coming in from after a break though. Is it Judy Blume? Collins? Some chick with lung cancer? I don't know her name.

I should look at the requirements, it used to be that they made you have the song available for sale on iTunes or something.

I forget the song now, the guy was part of the old country and he had a real Duran Duran vibe to it. He did the song about Heather flying on a broom or something, UFO Robots? I actually think that he could get that one played if they show the level of detail and attention they have been lately.  That would be awesome.

Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1969 on: April 05, 2021, 12:41:08 PM »
Do you mean You’re Stuck for Life in Nye by MV?
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1970 on: April 05, 2021, 02:23:38 PM »
Do you mean You’re Stuck for Life in Nye by MV?

No, it was somebody that had UFO as part of his screen name. I think fuck was in there somehow too. There's bits in the song where Heather is saying I'm no good, I'm not good, something...
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1971 on: April 05, 2021, 11:37:32 PM »

The Coast guests and topics are so bad not to mention Noory's obtuse interviewing skills I am listening to Frank Morano more -  he has a decent show but there's no overnight vibe, it sounds like any afternoon or evening radio talk show. Paranormal was made for overnight radio but in Noory's hands it doesn't matter,  he can make anything dull.

The callers to Morano's show are funny, they all sound like they're characters from Good Fellas and the Sopranos.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1972 on: April 05, 2021, 11:55:18 PM »
OK, googling Frank Morano after this post... Wonder if RCH is not happy about that name?

I think George should have somebody on to analyze the differences in religious statues and icons. Why are the Christians so conservative while the Buddhists and Hindus seem to like perfectly-nippled large and round breasts? I mean, the Catholic equivalent would be to, uh, include a cucumber in Jesus's loincloth.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Should I have posted this in "random thoughts?"

Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1973 on: April 06, 2021, 12:11:00 AM »
OK, googling Frank Morano after this post...

I think George should have somebody on to analyze the differences in religious statues and icons. Why are the Christians so conservative while the Buddhists and Hindus seem to like perfectly-nippled large and round breasts? I mean, the Catholic equivalent would be to, uh, include a cucumber in Jesus's loincloth.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Should I have posted this in "random thoughts?"

Based on the trip I took to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia I took in 2019, unfettered access to  use psychedelics is my guess.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And there are generations of Cambodian boys that first got to second base at Angkor Wat.

Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1974 on: April 06, 2021, 01:56:50 AM »
It seems the quality of submissions have dropped considerably. I also don't understand why these artists don't submit a cut that forces them to play the hook instead of a shitty 35-second intro. It is either really bad production on Tom's part or really stupid on the artist's part. The one saving grace of listening to that crap is that I feel a lot better about my vocals from the old days.

I heard some really bad vocals on that leaving on a jet plane song. I do believe that was a major artist because it was coming in from after a break though. Is it Judy Blume? Collins? Some chick with lung cancer? I don't know her name.

I should look at the requirements, it used to be that they made you have the song available for sale on iTunes or something.

I forget the song now, the guy was part of the old country and he had a real Duran Duran vibe to it. He did the song about Heather flying on a broom or something, UFO Robots? I actually think that he could get that one played if they show the level of detail and attention they have been lately.  That would be awesome.
Good point.  I bet they are submitting albums not clips.  They compete to be aired though so a clip might not get them on?

Isn't "Leaving On A Jet Plane" under copyright already or something?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1975 on: April 06, 2021, 02:00:31 AM »
ahahahahaha Noory instant classic.  He just closed the show with the Disburbed singer's cover of Sounds of Silence

'And now as is our tradition on Sundays, A SONG, THAT WILL MAKE ........ HAIR ... GROW UNDER YOUR ARMS.' 

fucking senile, 'will make the hair on your arms stand up' becomes 'will make hair grow under your arms'
I thought he said it would make hair grow on your arms.  Still.

WHAT WAS THAT PART A CALLER SAID ABOUT GEORGE'S MOTHER??

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1976 on: April 06, 2021, 05:21:29 AM »
Replay says caller wished blessings.  wt* belated Easter?  I guess.  no, no, "Just Because".  That's it.  That makes more sense.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1977 on: April 08, 2021, 07:00:14 AM »
Uh oh.  The second half guest last night said "crap."  Tsk tsk.  Of course the ever wholesome George corrected him and told him that he can't say that.  What's funny is I've heard Ian say that word in the past while he was hosting.  I wonder if George ever called him on it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1978 on: April 08, 2021, 07:35:27 AM »
Uh oh.  The second half guest last night said "crap."  Tsk tsk.  Of course the ever wholesome George corrected him and told him that he can't say that.  What's funny is I've heard Ian say that word in the past while he was hosting.  I wonder if George ever called him on it.

In that relationship, I wonder how two bottoms pleasure each other.

Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1979 on: April 08, 2021, 07:42:32 AM »
In that relationship, I wonder how two bottoms pleasure each other.

Oh jeez.  LOL!!!!