Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820946 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1980 on: April 08, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »
Uh oh.  The second half guest last night said "crap."  Tsk tsk.  Of course the ever wholesome George corrected him and told him that he can't say that.  What's funny is I've heard Ian say that word in the past while he was hosting.  I wonder if George ever called him on it.
Ha!   Those damn unruly callers, like the infamous “threaten the Hoover” Punnett. :D

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1981 on: April 08, 2021, 10:28:12 AM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1982 on: April 08, 2021, 10:33:52 AM »
Ha!   Those damn unruly callers, like the infamous “threaten the Hoover” Punnett. :D

LOL! @ItsOver I remember first hearing and I thought Ian was having a stroke.  Ian later claimed it was due to sleep deprivation, but I'm not sure sure.  Hmmm...

The best part of this is after Ian's incoherent mumblings George says "Uh, eh, exactly, Ian Punnett this Saturday and Sunday on Coast to Coast AM!"   ;D

Here's how I heard it right after George made the comment about the octopus:  :D

"So those little mean surprises when you walk into the house in a great big room and you can break it up like that and each one could have it's own separate heat. And I think, wow! You know, Wow. That's, that's, any reason for the driveway. That's Ben. He threatened the Hoover.  Ya know, Gee, there's an afro in the dishes and the farce people keep doin'...just keepin' the shirt off.  For any reason to get it off."

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1983 on: April 08, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »
LOL! @ItsOver I remember first hearing and I thought Ian was having a stroke.  Ian later claimed it was due to sleep deprivation, but I'm not sure sure.  Hmmm...

The best part of this is after Ian's incoherent mumblings George says "Uh, eh, exactly, Ian Punnett this Saturday and Sunday on Coast to Coast AM!"   ;D

Here's how I heard it right after George made the comment about the octopus:  :D

"So those little mean surprises when you walk into the house in a great big room and you can break it up like that and each one could have it's own separate heat. And I think, wow! You know, Wow. That's, that's, any reason for the driveway. That's Ben. He threatened the Hoover.  Ya know, Gee, there's an afro in the dishes and the farce people keep doin'...just keepin' the shirt off.  For any reason to get it off."

A rare instance of Noory handling something unexpected well.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1984 on: April 08, 2021, 11:04:42 AM »

It would've been better if he said "Nice take" or "Good take" afterward.  ;)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1985 on: April 08, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »

I was listening the night of the infamous Hoover call. It was supposed to be just a quick handoff from Norry to Ian for a plug of his weekend show. Ian sounded like he was on mushrooms. Norry said something to the effect, "That's true". And moved on with the show. That weekend Ian explained it was a side effect of his tinnitus drugs.

With so many options for late night entertainment, I can't imagine there is still much of a listener base. Even if the ratings are comparatively high how would they compare to the Golden Age of Art " turn off your radio" Bell
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1986 on: April 08, 2021, 12:45:19 PM »
...or "classic!"

So, not paying attention does help... on occasion. 😁
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1987 on: April 08, 2021, 02:39:13 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“That’s true!”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1988 on: April 08, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »
... The best part of this is after Ian's incoherent mumblings George says "Uh, eh, exactly, Ian Punnett this Saturday and Sunday on Coast to Coast AM!"...

The second best part was Ian's tone. 

The same insufferable, full-of-himself, authoritative, don't-question-me tone he always uses - except this time it was delirious gobbledygook. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1989 on: April 08, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »
The second best part was Ian's tone. 

The same insufferable, full-of-himself, authoritative, don't-question-me tone he always uses - except this time it was delirious gobbledygook.

Ian reminds me of a musician I knew...  Hold it. No, he doesn't.

Nevermind.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1990 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:56 AM »

So Ma Norry has leukemia? I was only half listening, he did say somebody had leukemia and he had been talking about mothers with his astrologer lady guest.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1991 on: April 09, 2021, 02:55:22 AM »
So Ma Norry has leukemia? I was only half listening, he did say somebody had leukemia and he had been talking about mothers with his astrologer lady guest.
Yes, I heard Mr. Norway talking about it several nights ago.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1992 on: April 09, 2021, 03:00:24 AM »
Strange, I've never heard of anybody getting leukemia that late in life. That's kind of out of left field.

Some people embrace their impending death. Some don't.
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1993 on: April 10, 2021, 01:22:02 AM »

Followed by George:
 "Uh (what to do) aye ee egg exactly. (Oh, and do something fast, gotta get him off the air). Uh, ian Punnett, this Saturday and Sunday on Coast to Coast AM."

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1994 on: April 10, 2021, 01:26:55 AM »
Strange, I've never heard of anybody getting leukemia that late in life. That's kind of out of left field.

Some people embrace their impending death. Some don't.

I used to think so, too, until I met a man about 10 years ago who got it in his 70s.  Any older adult who is anemic should be tested for it.

The reason I guess we all thought of it as a childhood cancer is because basically, of all the cancers a child could get, leukemia is the only one they tend to get.

Very disconcerting that Mrs. Noory doesn't have any HIIPA privacy rights and now her condition is known to millions and millions of people, possibly may she knows.  I just don't get his lack of  respect.

The following site talks about the differences in how leukemia affects children vs. older adults.
https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2018/genetic-differences-childhood-adult-aml#:~:text=Acute%20myeloid%20leukemia%2C%20a%20cancer,a%20few%20days%20after%20birth.