Author Topic: Hurricane Florence  (Read 22844 times)

Ms. C

• Drone Pilot
Re: Hurricane Florence
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 07:31:40 AM »
Stay safe everyone in Florence's path.

Prayers from Ms. C and Carson

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 08:17:23 AM »
This Weather Channel live feed started about 4 hours ago.  Not sure how long it will last till they start a new live feed.

Too bad Hoagland didn’t do a show last weekend. Now if the hurricane stalls offshore and reduces strength or spins off into the North Atlantic he can’t take credit for a mass consciousness experiment.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »
Looks like it is our turn here in the Carolina's for a thrashing.   Can't imaging it will be anything like what Houston or Puerto Rico
went through but it will definitely suck.   Smithfield has already announced the big Hog Plant will be closing over in Tar Heel, NC so
this is serious business!

Gonna stick it out until Mrs. WAN gets back from overseas (Monday night)  and then we'll go from there.

I hope you stay safe and sound.  I was a bit worried initially since I'm in Richmond and there was talk we'd get a good bit of it, which we sometimes do.  Gaston and Isabelle caused major problems.  Rain and high winds are expected but I'm not too concerned.  I do expect to lose power since that is quite common here even with a simple thunderstorm.  Anyway, I do hope you have minimal issues during this storm.  Take care man!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »
I’m back in the terrible cone of uncertainty.
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 09:30:10 AM »
While everyone is watching the named storms, I have been flooded in since about midnight Monday. Yesterday this was the national rain forecast. I am under that big blob in Texas. It could get real messy since our ground is already saturated.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
While everyone is watching the named storms, I have been flooded in since about midnight Monday. Yesterday this was the national rain forecast. I am under that big blob in Texas. It could get real messy since our ground is already saturated.

That is quite a blob.  Are you getting water in the house?  Being stranded sucks.  When can you expect a break in that storm?

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »

Yeah I heard.  I'm sure people are panicking in your area.  Good luck!!
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 09:44:45 AM »

Stay safe.  I thank God that I live on high ground.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »
That is quite a blob.  Are you getting water in the house?  Being stranded sucks.  When can you expect a break in that storm?

I was house sitting over the weekend in a house that sits on stilts on a bayou. Yesterday there was about 4” of water under the house. Today it has receded about 10” but the road is still flooded. The road has a sump pump but the bayou is so high from tides and the runoff that it has nowhere to pump.

Probably going to have rain until Sunday.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »
I was house sitting over the weekend in a house that sits on stilts on a bayou. Yesterday there was about 4” of water under the house. Today it has receded about 10” but the road is still flooded. The road has a sump pump but the bayou is so high from tides and the runoff that it has nowhere to pump.

Probably going to have rain until Sunday.

Jeez.  Four more days of rain sound ominous, especially with the road condition.  How high does it have to be for you to be totally screwed?  I'm not familiar with the territory and how quickly the water can recede under those conditions.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »
Jeez.  Four more days of rain sound ominous, especially with the road condition.  How high does it have to be for you to be totally screwed?  I'm not familiar with the territory and how quickly the water can recede under those conditions.

Well the one good thing about living by the water is that it doesn’t have far to go to drain off. There is a tropical system trying to form down by the Yucatan. Whether it becomes a storm or not, we will get high tides and rain. I am kind of screwed right now. If I can’t get my truck out today or tomorrow I will probably lose it by Saturday. I might chance it later this evening. Plus yesterday was when I was going to stock up on fresh food. Don’t have much here since I was house sitting. I told my son I may need him to bring me some food tonight.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »
Well the one good thing about living by the water is that it doesn’t have far to go to drain off. There is a tropical system trying to form down by the Yucatan. Whether it becomes a storm or not, we will get high tides and rain. I am kind of screwed right now. If I can’t get my truck out today or tomorrow I will probably lose it by Saturday. I might chance it later this evening. Plus yesterday was when I was going to stock up on fresh food. Don’t have much here since I was house sitting. I told my son I may need him to bring me some food tonight.

Oh man.  Yeah, it seems like you're screwed now.  Lose your truck!?  Hopefully you can get your truck out and if needed your son can get there safely. 

scnative

• KIDD
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 10:55:16 AM »

Yeah, this latest shift just put us back in Florence's cross hairs. Hilton Head and Beaufort were removed from the mandatory evacuation list yesterday with the hurricane watch beginning further up the coast at Edisto Beach. But the closer she gets the possibility for more changes in the track and intensity increases. And Florence seems to be taking an unorthodox track. If she stalls as they predict the big issue here will be flooding.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »
It looks like Florence is headed for Florence.
Merry Christmas

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »
I'm not sure I'm buying the currently forecasted track that it makes after landfall.  It's a very unusual track for storms that hit that part of the coast.