Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797643 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1290 on: October 07, 2019, 08:37:01 PM »
... I don't want to see their floppy ass meat hanging out like some puss infested clear plastic bag of cottage cheese.

Yeah, well, speak for yourself

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1291 on: October 07, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
Not many have the asses to pull off the shorts they wear nowadays.
I don't want to see their floppy ass meat hanging out like some puss infested clear plastic bag of cottage cheese.

+1
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1292 on: October 07, 2019, 08:52:49 PM »
Today I learned pluots are a plum-apricot hybrid.  All this time I thought the different plouts were just really good plum varieties.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1293 on: October 09, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »
I dodged a bullet by not buying a BMW X5.  My neighbor bought one a couple of months after I bought my new car and it soon had developed cobwebs all over it as its transmission took a crap on them. It had something like 1,200 miles on it...  After a while, I think BMW finally towed it out of their driveway.  I also had a bunch of coworkers go in and buy a bunch of Audis as a group.  Again, dodged another bullet.

Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1294 on: October 09, 2019, 03:00:02 PM »
They look pretty as a "worm" too.  I have tried tomatoes for a few years to consistently pitiful results.  A friend said I live too close to the ocean to really be successful...  Any thoughts?

Sorry @sean92008  for the late delay in answering this. I never came back to check for replies. I'm really close to the ocean. The soil was nasty and nothing but weeds would grow. Got some good topsoil and a top layer of really nice compost from a neighbor. I only planted lawn seeds but the tomato plants came up on their own. A previous owner must have had a garden. I would guess at least some tomato plants are pretty hardy since these were dormant for years before they sprung up on their own

I know nothing about gardening so I relied on The Google, neighbors and advice from a gardener who got the lawn started for me. Good luck! I've had a lot of fun with my little garden. But I found out you have to do close inspections daily for hornworms. They blend right into the plant and are ravenous! What you do with them when you catch them is up to your conscience
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1295 on: October 09, 2019, 03:35:32 PM »
Today I learned pluots are a plum-apricot hybrid.  All this time I thought the different plouts were just really good plum varieties.

I'm more familiar with "plumcots"
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1296 on: October 09, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »
Sorry @sean92008  for the late delay in answering this. I never came back to check for replies. I'm really close to the ocean. The soil was nasty and nothing but weeds would grow. Got some good topsoil and a top layer of really nice compost from a neighbor. I only planted lawn seeds but the tomato plants came up on their own. A previous owner must have had a garden. I would guess at least some tomato plants are pretty hardy since these were dormant for years before they sprung up on their own

I know nothing about gardening so I relied on The Google, neighbors and advice from a gardener who got the lawn started for me. Good luck! I've had a lot of fun with my little garden. But I found out you have to do close inspections daily for hornworms. They blend right into the plant and are ravenous! What you do with them when you catch them is up to your conscience

Fried Green Tomato Hornworms   https://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/hornworms.htm
What does a tomato hornworm taste like? Well, what would you taste like if you'd been stuffing yourself solely with tomato leaves for the better part of a month? Hornworms are ridiculously chlorophyll-rich. They taste great with just about any summer vegetable, but my favorite recipe draws inspiration from the cuisine of the Whistle Stop Cafe, that fictitious Alabama diner made famous by novelist Fanny Flagg.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

;D

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1297 on: October 09, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »

Fried Green Tomato Hornworms   https://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/hornworms.htm

;D

Reminds me of the Lion King

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1298 on: October 10, 2019, 08:46:18 AM »
The Fanny Flagg reference got me on a retro-TV search.  Amazon Prime suggested that I look at the Merv Griffin Show.

I have watched the first two episodes... Both incredible.  Not for the actual material, there was actually a lot of lame stuff then, it was captivating for its moment In time.

The second episode had a very lame Richard Pryor. Phil Spector and Eartha Kitt were on it too.

Spector comes off as an asshole.  Eartha was glaring at him.  (10-15 minutes in).  In his interview, he references fighting with Richard Pryor and they bring up karate...  You can see the psychosis bubbling under.

Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1299 on: October 10, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Fried Green Tomato Hornworms   https://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/hornworms.htm
What does a tomato hornworm taste like? Well, what would you taste like if you'd been stuffing yourself solely with tomato leaves for the better part of a month? Hornworms are ridiculously chlorophyll-rich. They taste great with just about any summer vegetable, but my favorite recipe draws inspiration from the cuisine of the Whistle Stop Cafe, that fictitious Alabama diner made famous by novelist Fanny Flagg.

;D

Has to be a nom de plume for sure. I know. This will be the new craze in cooking shows. "Recipes for a Dying Planet". The first show will be "Bugs. Not Just for Squashing Anymore"

@Evil Twin Of Zen . This website is a hoot. I will use it to plan my next neighborhood open house
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1300 on: October 10, 2019, 09:38:21 AM »
Has to be a nom de plume for sure. I know. This will be the new craze in cooking shows. "Recipes for a Dying Planet". The first show will be "Bugs. Not Just for Squashing Anymore"

LOL!!

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1301 on: October 10, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »

@Evil Twin Of Zen . This website is a hoot. I will use it to plan my next neighborhood open house

been to a lot of places. eaten plenty of insects. not a big deal when you have taken a good look around the Place. so much to learn....

oh.. and.. uh.. you left a little sumthin on you lower lip there.  ;D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1302 on: October 10, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »
been to a lot of places. eaten plenty of insects...

Steer clear of the stir fried crickets - their wings and legs are strong, but brittle.  Days later was still picking shards out of my teeth.

Nice crunch though, like popcorn

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1303 on: October 10, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »
Steer clear of the stir fried crickets - their wings and legs are strong, but brittle.  Days later was still picking shards out of my teeth.

Nice crunch though, like popcorn

Edible Insect Nutrition Information   https://www.edibleinsects.com/insect-nutrition-information/
As an example, we will look at the cricket raised on a high protein grain diet. They are packed with B vitamins being especially high in B12. In fact, crickets offer over triple the amount of B12 when compared to salmon. They are also a good source of the biologically active form of vitamin A and Riboflavin (also known as B2).

When it comes to minerals, edible crickets pack almost five times as much magnesium as beef and three times as much iron. They supply more calcium than milk and they are high in zinc.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1304 on: October 10, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »

Edible Insect Nutrition Information   https://www.edibleinsects.com/insect-nutrition-information/

Wouldn't frying diminish or eliminate some of the vitamins?  Would you then have to eat them raw???
Eh, nevermind...