Author Topic: JANUARY FUNDRAISER - Guitars In The Classroom  (Read 2128 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
JANUARY FUNDRAISER - Guitars In The Classroom
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:31:55 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our January revenue to Guitars In The Classroom.

Thanks to me, @Bart Ell  for recommending this charity.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting https://www.guitarsintheclassroom.org/donate.html

It is the mission of GITC to improve education by training, inspiring and equipping teachers to provide integrated music with cross-curricular learning that educates the whole child through hands-on music making with guitars, ukuleles and educational songwriting for academic success!

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: JANUARY FUNDRAISER - Guitars In The Classroom
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 01:37:31 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our January revenue to Guitars In The Classroom.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting https://www.guitarsintheclassroom.org/donate.html

It is the mission of GITC to improve education by training, inspiring and equipping teachers to provide integrated music with cross-curricular learning that educates the whole child through hands-on music making with guitars, ukuleles and educational songwriting for academic success!

I want to go to that school!

#Clickacy

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 02:45:55 PM »

Like!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »

fun!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 03:02:30 PM »

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »
Plus for you!
Happy new year!
Happy New Year @anniem !
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 10:00:48 PM »
This should be in every classroom on the globe. Guitar, piano, whatever!  Live instruments and singing allows the soul to breathe. The earlier the better.

But later many of them blow their brains out because of unrealized dreams and unmet self expectations but it's fun up till then.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 10:16:32 PM »
This should be in every classroom on the globe. Guitar, piano, whatever!  Live instruments and singing allows the soul to breathe. The earlier the better.

But later many of them blow their brains out because of unrealized dreams and unmet self expectations but it's fun up till then.

My mother made me take accordion lessons. I wanted to blow my brains out in third grade. 

Then I won third place at the Illinois State Fair and got a ribbon. 
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 03:09:41 AM »
I lived for years in a county that was rapidly eliminating school music programs. I now live in a county that fully supports them. Even the elementary schools have full time music teachers. I see a real difference in the kids. In the music county, the kids are much more communicative, deal with one another face to face to a greater degree, and just seem brighter. This guitar program looks like a good idea.

Merry Christmas

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 05:12:57 AM »

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 05:15:00 AM »
I lived for years in a county that was rapidly eliminating school music programs. I now live in a county that fully supports them. Even the elementary schools have full time music teachers. I see a real difference in the kids. In the music county, the kids are much more communicative, deal with one another face to face to a greater degree, and just seem brighter. This guitar program looks like a good idea.
My brother is a music teacher and a choir director.  The other day, he shared this link with me.

https://www.choraldirectormag.com/articles/vocal-pro/your-brain-and-singing-why-singing-in-a-choir-makes-you-happier/?fbclid=IwAR1oTkfS9EYjCQVDJOxKAzpX3sTq6kxrzL9nwGCIsywMWqUTeoGtxva9l0k

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 01:40:10 PM »
My mother made me take accordion lessons. I wanted to blow my brains out in third grade

;D ;D LOL!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 01:49:13 PM »
My mother made me take accordion lessons. I wanted to blow my brains out in third grade. 

Then I won third place at the Illinois State Fair and got a ribbon.

I envy you.  You could've been the next Myron Floren.   :D ;) 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 09:18:34 PM »
I envy you.  You could've been the next Myron Floren.   :D ;)
Bart, I'm hoping you'll ignore my request to put up Crossbows In The Classroom for next months charity. Whaaat was I THINKING! :o ::) :-[

Sofia

• Ellightened