Author Topic: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road  (Read 143090 times)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
Re: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »
Yum.  :) All looks well there now.

If you are traveling through TX or FL, please snap any pictures of remaining damage or other oddities that suggest something catastrophic had happened earlier. We always see the damage right after the storms but seldom a year or more out.

Yeah, I'm about due for a load to Florida.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »
To the guests reading this: do you know that if you join, you can see all of the pictures that members post and a few of us have audio clips that you can download and listen to? All for free. No credit card numbers or anything like that. Free!
What are you waiting for?
Join now and post often!
Stop by my page and say hello.
We'd love to have ya'!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »
One time I was in the Florida pan handle and I'm not sure why but I was in piss poor mood. Anyways, I shut down at the TA truck stop there and went inside to the restaurant and grabbed a spot at the counter.
The waitress was new but you could tell that she was trying her best and that's all I ever ask, so I relaxed a bit and started up a good conversation with the driver next to me.
Now, at the end of the counter sat this big 'ol boy and he couldn't leave that poor girl alone and I saw in her eyes that she was about to break.
I turned to him and said "Do you know what big men and beautiful women have in common? They haven't heard nearly enough that nobody gives a shit what they think." I'm sure that I picked it up in a movie or somewhere - but it fit and the counter erupted with laughter!
I thought there would be no way out of getting my ass beat that day but he quieted down, payed his bill and left.
Believe it or not - but that's exactly how it happened!

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »
Ho Ho Ho!

You one lucky dude at calling bluffs. 8)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »
Ho Ho Ho!

You one lucky dude at calling bluffs. 8)

Hehehe - good times!
Congrats on the new title!

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2018, 04:19:23 PM »
Hehehe - good times!
Congrats on the new title!

Gracias amigo, totally digging your road pics - keep em coming!

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:58 PM »
One time I was in the Florida pan handle and I'm not sure why but I was in piss poor mood. Anyways, I shut down at the TA truck stop there and went inside to the restaurant and grabbed a spot at the counter.
The waitress was new but you could tell that she was trying her best and that's all I ever ask, so I relaxed a bit and started up a good conversation with the driver next to me.
Now, at the end of the counter sat this big 'ol boy and he couldn't leave that poor girl alone and I saw in her eyes that she was about to break.
I turned to him and said "Do you know what big men and beautiful women have in common? They haven't heard nearly enough that nobody gives a shit what they think." I'm sure that I picked it up in a movie or somewhere - but it fit and the counter erupted with laughter!
I thought there would be no way out of getting my ass beat that day but he quieted down, payed his bill and left.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
LOL, Good for you. That almost sounds like a Sonny Pruitt (Claude Akins) line (although he would say something different for shit for 70's TV) Although you look more like Will Chandler.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:55 PM »
LOL, Good for you. That almost sounds like a Sonny Pruitt (Claude Akins) line (although he would say something different for shit for 70's TV) Although you look more like Will Chandler.

I felt like Dirty Harry! lol

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
"Moving On!"
I really need to find that show on DVD - "Route 66" for truckers!

Loved the Merle Haggard theme song:

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
"Moving On!"
I really need to find that show on DVD - "Route 66" for truckers!

Loved the Merle Haggard theme song:

They cycle trucker movies through these truck stops about once a year so I'll keep an eye out!

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2018, 04:44:22 PM »
They cycle trucker movies through these truck stops about once a year so I'll keep an eye out!

TY!

I draw the line at "BJ and the Bear" however... ::) ::) ::)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »
Yum.  :) All looks well there now.

If you are traveling through TX or FL, please snap any pictures of remaining damage or other oddities that suggest something catastrophic had happened earlier. We always see the damage right after the storms but seldom a year or more out.

I still wonder happened to acres of cars n trucks lined up in field off I-10. Was there for many months post-Harvey n then gone. Down to Ol' Mex, salvaged for parts, sold at salvage auction with salvage title, sent to recycle? Btw legally I can't say which company but most were good for vehicles but one demanded to send an adjuster to 'confirm loss' and my relative said 'well you'll need a airboat since it is still underwater and that is how we got out."

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2018, 04:56:09 PM »
Tales from the Road, episode 01: The Pan Handle Incident

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
1.) Southbound on the West Virginia Turnpike.
2.) Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
3.) Winston-Salem, NC. 90F. Sticky. 🌞.