Author Topic: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road  (Read 143838 times)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
Re: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2018, 09:19:07 AM »
To the left, in front of that boat, there is a seafood place. I've never been there because I am usually too dirty and tired to go in.

Man...that's chowda interuptus!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bummer... :(

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
Happy National Hot Dog Day,, Weiner  :)

Hahaha - is it? Thank You Toots!

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2018, 09:24:26 AM »
Hahaha - is it? Thank You Toots!

yes, it is.. it's your day, weiner   ;)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2018, 10:06:24 AM »
I was driving US80 westbound through Columbus, Georgia and I had just crossed the Alabama state line. Dusk was creeping in and as I reached the top of a hill, I noticed a terrible accident in front of me.
A pick up truck left the road and struck a guard rail head-on, forcing the engine onto the driver.
It turned out that the driver only had one leg and that was the one that the engine was on top of.
We couldn't get him out and there was gas and all kinds of other fluids pouring out onto the ground.
I went to my truck and grabbed my fire extinguisher, a legal pad, and a sharpie.
I sat down in the passenger seat of his truck and showed him the extinguisher and told him that I wasn't going anywhere until help arrived.
He calmed down a bit and so I started taking down his medical history and contact information and gave it to the medics once they arrived.
I overheard the fire crew saying that he died on the way to the hospital. I cried that day...

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »
I was driving US80 westbound through Columbus, Georgia and I had just crossed the Alabama state line. Dusk was creeping in and as I reached the top of a hill, I noticed a terrible accident in front of me.
A pick up truck left the road and struck a guard rail head-on, forcing the engine onto the driver.
It turned out that the driver only had one leg and that was the one that the engine was on top of.
We couldn't get him out and there was gas and all kinds of other fluids pouring out onto the ground.
I went to my truck and grabbed my fire extinguisher, a legal pad, and a sharpie.
I sat down in the passenger seat of his truck and showed him the extinguisher and told him that I wasn't going anywhere until help arrived.
He calmed down a bit and so I started taking down his medical history and contact information and gave it to the medics once they arrived.
I overheard the fire crew saying that he died on the way to the hospital. I cried that day...

That's sad. At least you were there to help someone in their last moments. If that truck had blown up, it would have taken others out as well, so you really did save lives that day.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »

That's sad. At least you were there to help someone in their last moments. If that truck had blown up, it would have taken others out as well, so you really did save lives that day.

Yeah, I'd like to think that I provided some little comfort to him. He was about my age.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
New Jersey is not all hustle and bustle.
Believe it or not, they supply a lot of the carrots and potatoes that you eat in Campbell's Soup!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »
Midnight in the Diner,Ep.01:Earle, Arkansas

[attachment[/attachment]

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2018, 07:33:13 PM »
Midnight in the Diner,Ep.02: Livingston, Texas

[attachment[/attachment]

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »
Tales from the Road,Ep.01: The Pan Handle Incident

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2018, 07:39:28 PM »
To the guests reading this: do you know that if you join, you can see all of the pictures that members post and a few of us have audio clips that you can download and listen to? All for free. No credit card numbers or anything like that. Free!
What are you waiting for?
Join now and post often!
Stop by my page and say hello.
We'd love to have ya'!

FlarpsWife

• KDWN
« Reply #266 on: July 18, 2018, 07:43:02 PM »
Midnight in the Diner,Ep.02: Livingston, Texas
Weiner! You have to do a podcast holy crap! You have the voice for it! I'm a Houston girl (now living in the Rockies)Glad you appreciated our state! Haha I made those bacon wrapped poppers last night!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #267 on: July 18, 2018, 07:46:42 PM »
Weiner! You have to do a podcast holy crap! You have the voice for it! I'm a Houston girl (now living in the Rockies)Glad you appreciated our state! Haha I made those bacon wrapped poppers last night!

Awww, thanks! Yes, I do love Texas!
I'm going back in the fall and we're going to do it all again...

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2018, 07:50:45 PM »
I can't find now but some years ago I bought a CD of German trucker songs.  Simply becauae amazed existed. At the time,  or some years prior, the trucker craze hit Germany. So CB style songs etc and they already liked Westerns etc. Weird stuff. Like kraut Red Sovine. Interesting Euros were big on American stuff like jazz, blue grass, C&W and made good recordings.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »

I agree! I just listened to all the files and all the pictures and can't wait to hear and see more :)

Time spent with cats is never wasted.