Author Topic: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road  (Read 142787 times)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
Re: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They are soo bad in Memphis that I won't even shut down there. You have to get at least twenty miles out of town to be left alone.
The only alternative is to shut down at the customer.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »
I haven't owned a cb for years. Who the hell wants to talk to some dumb ass truck driver?!
LOL!

Jest us 4 wheelers who want to know where the bears are... ;D

Been thinking about getting one of these:

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »
LOL!

Jest us 4 wheelers who want to know where the bears are... ;D

Been thinking about getting one of these:

I'll bet that a lot of cattle haulers have those.
No doubt in my mind.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 05:06:32 PM »
Whenever I pick up from a "certain" yogurt plant in Naugatuck, Connecticut - they always send me out with a case!  ☺

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 05:08:31 PM »
I'll bet that a lot of cattle haulers have those.
No doubt in my mind.

No slipstreaming those rigs. ;D

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 05:11:08 PM »

No slipstreaming those rigs. ;D

They are the only real bandits left but they are a dying breed.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »
Quite a few years back(8?), I delivered some rolls of paper to the Georgia Pacific plant just south of Jackson, Mississippi. My appointment was for 0300 and when I checked in, they told me to head to the top of the hill and park in the staging area until they called. On my way out they said "and don't give any money to those girls up there because they'll just run off with it."
I drove to the top of the hill and found a spot to park. I noticed the dome light on in the truck next to mine and there sat an old man, smoking a cigarette, with the most indignant look on his face. He motioned for me to roll my window down, and this is what he said:
"These whores keep waking me up and I can't get any sleep. I threw a cup of piss on that last one."
I laughed and laughed and laughed!
He must have gotten his point across because I slept comfortably until I received the call to head down to the loading docks.
I'll never forget that night!

From what I hear you normally have to pay extra for that kind of kinky stuff.

I look forward to your podcast reports:

1) how effective are the various aerodynamics many tractor-trailers are using these days? I wonder what the savings after a period of time, recoup the investment on the mods, etc?

2) do people still hitchhike? To me it would be potentially dangerous both for the driver and the hitchhiker? Illegal in some places also (I always like the signs near prisons or the border warning drivers) and imagine corporate trucking companies would ban in policy.

3) are log books, weigh checks, etc all computerized now?

4) could a trucker take a passenger for pay? Make some cash on the side...

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »
From what I hear you normally have to pay extra for that kind of kinky stuff.

I look forward to your podcast reports:

1) how effective are the various aerodynamics many tractor-trailers are using these days? I wonder what the savings after a period of time, recoup the investment on the mods, etc?

2) do people still hitchhike? To me it would be potentially dangerous both for the driver and the hitchhiker? Illegal in some places also (I always like the signs near prisons or the border warning drivers) and imagine corporate trucking companies would ban in policy.

3) are log books, weigh checks, etc all computerized now?

4) could a trucker take a passenger for pay? Make some cash on the side...

Extra indeed! lol

1.) I think they said that you save (on average) 5-7 percent on fuel costs. It could be 3-5.

2.) They are still out there but I'll be damned if I ever pick one up. Eileen Weirnos(?) comes to mind.

3.) I think they've narrowed it down to 5 trucks or smaller to claim exemption. 2019 requires all of them to be equipped.

4.) Theoretically ... Yes.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »
Extra indeed! lol

1.) I think they said that you save (on average) 5-7 percent on fuel costs. It could be 3-5.

2.) They are still out there but I'll be damned if I ever pick one up. Eileen Weirnos(?) comes to mind.

3.) I think they've narrowed it down to 5 trucks or smaller to claim exemption. 2019 requires all of them to be equipped.

4.) Theoretically ... Yes.

Mexican trucks and truckers. Did this happen? Rightwing radio and truckstop papers were up in arms about this when NAFTA and the talk about super-highways, the Amero, etc. Safety issue, job losses, security concerns etc. Did "Mexican Trucks" happen?

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2018, 10:12:10 PM »
Mexican trucks and truckers. Did this happen? Rightwing radio and truckstop papers were up in arms about this when NAFTA and the talk about super-highways, the Amero, etc. Safety issue, job losses, security concerns etc. Did "Mexican Trucks" happen?

Mexico and Canada were only supposed to be allowed to drive 150 miles into the United States. Today, they go anywhere and nothing seems to be done about it. Of course, American drivers still abide by these restrictions when entering those countries.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »
To the guests reading this: do you know that if you join, you can see all of the pictures that members post and a few of us have audio clips that you can download and listen to? All for free. No credit card numbers or anything like that. Free!
What are you waiting for?
Join now and post often!
Stop by my page and say hello.
We'd love to have ya'!

Kimberlyn

• KIDD
  • Aka MitDelta host: Pleather Suede
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:57 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m not too far from Earle and it was awesome hearing you talk a little about it. Been playing with the idea of doing some kind of paranormal project and Earle is the first location I want to reference. Playing with the idea of calling it Midnight in the Delta. 😉

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m not too far from Earle and it was awesome hearing you talk a little about it. Been playing with the idea of doing some kind of paranormal project and Earle is the first location I want to reference. Playing with the idea of calling it Midnight in the Delta. 😉

Wouldn’t you have to technically be near a delta?
Are we having fun yet?

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 05:18:54 AM »

Hi Kimberlyn, and Good Morning! I'm glad you liked Midnight in the Diner and thank you for posting. I don't see why you couldn't use that name and I think it's got quite the ring to it.
Hell, I know a guy up in Minnesota who claims that he's broadcasting from the desert! ☺
Do me a favor, for your first post and audio, could you do a three to five minute segment on the West Memphis Three? You can post it here if you'd like.
1.) A one paragraph summation. Don't go too in depth yet because this may be a recurrent topic for your show.
2.) A three to five minute audio.
3.) A picture of the topic.

Also, please post a hello and a Praise BE! on the "welcome new members" thread.
Again, thanks for stopping by -
See how easy it was?!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2018, 05:19:49 AM »

Wouldn’t you have to technically be near a delta?

Who's gonna tell Dave? 😃