Author Topic: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader  (Read 3303163 times)

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
Re: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader
« Reply #16335 on: November 03, 2018, 02:14:12 AM »
Erm, not quite Keith, Noory's current audience is about a fifth of what Art's were if weekly cumes are any measure. Problem is the affiliate audience potential is about the same - so that just tells one that 4/5 of the listeners are sleeping instead or listening someone else.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #16336 on: November 03, 2018, 02:16:39 AM »
Erm, not quite Keith, Noory's current audience is about a fifth of what Art's were if weekly cumes are any measure.

One day I'll have to listen to get an opinion on Mr. Noory.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #16337 on: November 03, 2018, 02:24:05 AM »
Nice "happy July" at the end there ^^;

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #16338 on: November 03, 2018, 02:25:03 AM »
One day I'll have to listen to get an opinion on Mr. Noory.
He's kind of pleasant, but kind of a nitwit* (might even be intentional for comic relief) - its the overly canned questions with nearly a 20 minute per hour commercial load that makes the show nearly unlistenable. My opinion, anyway. You will seldom get the kind of in depth questions Dave Schrader would ask. (He really does bring a bigger value for the same dollars and Michelle has much better discernment than Tommy in bringing in more knowledgeable guests.)

*famous Noory malapropism - ancient sandscripts for Sanskrit as a quick example

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #16339 on: November 03, 2018, 02:29:48 AM »
He's kind of pleasant, but kind of a nitwit* (might even be intentional for comic relief) - its the overly canned questions with nearly a 20 minute per hour commercial load that makes the show nearly unlistenable. My opinion, anyway. You will seldom get the kind of in depth questions Dave Schrader would ask. (He really does bring a bigger value for the same dollars and Michelle has much better discernment than Tommy in bringing in more knowledgeable guests.)

Was the only reason (redacted) was so...passionate about hating him because he wasn't Art?

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #16340 on: November 03, 2018, 02:42:16 AM »
Was the only reason (redacted) was so...passionate about hating him because he wasn't Art?
There was a perception on the old days of Bellgab that if you were a true Art Bell fan that you by default hated Noory. Art of course gave the impression he understood the woes of Noory listeners and that they deserved better. Heather of course had no qualms about getting colorful about Noory. I don't hate him, but his show is not of any level of quality worth listening to.* The only worthwhile host at C2C IMHO is George Knapp, but some might like Ian Punnett now that he is back. MITD is the only show that is steadily providing nightly a quality show.

*some of this is Noorys fault, some of it is the C2C corporate machine.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #16341 on: November 03, 2018, 02:49:59 AM »
There was a perception on the old days of Bellgab that if you were a true Art Bell fan that you by default hated Noory. Art of course gave the impression he understood the woes of Noory listeners and that they deserved better. Heather of course had no qualms about getting colorful about Noory. I don't hate him, but his show is not of any level of quality worth listening to. The only worthwhile host at C2C IMHO is George Knapp, but some might like Ian Punnett now that he is back. MITD is the only show that is steadily providing nightly a quality show.

Ah, I see.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #16342 on: November 03, 2018, 08:24:35 AM »
Keith, Michelle, Dave and Shannon sounded like they're having fun.
Merry Christmas - Nice things, and posts, are nicer than nasty things.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #16343 on: November 03, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
That's great! Good one. I'm proud of you!!
I had to read it three times.  ;D
+1

This coming from you, Doomed? I feel so honored!  Thank you!  8)

And a warm +1 back to you!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #16344 on: November 03, 2018, 11:13:57 AM »
Varas primary connection is the payphone down at Earls hardware store.
The backup is two tin cans and a long string...
I'm hallucinating now so Im going to bed.

I didn't think you were hallucinating, I thought you were remote viewing. You weren't?  8)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #16345 on: November 03, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »
From Dave on FB.  Gave me a start.  Joker. 
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #16346 on: November 03, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »

lol. Crazy guy. Gotta love that warped sense of humor
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #16347 on: November 03, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »

The absolute totality of Georges dooficity still fails to outweigh one simple fact.
At the end of the day, warts and all, he is a good guy. A decent joe. Reliable, generous, and
I think as sincere as anyone, when it comes to things that matter. After all, does it really matter
if the HGH is bogus? Nope. Im not a fan, but I laid off of Noory after I was made aware of some
nice things he did. I'll take steady, dull, and a decent fellow, over the Queen of Grift any day.

Edit to add: Redact that baby!!!  ;D ;D

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #16348 on: November 03, 2018, 05:52:11 PM »

We missed you @DaveSchrader! You always make me laugh. I did nearly have a fucking heart attack though asshole.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #16349 on: November 03, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
The absolute totality of Georges dooficity still fails to outweigh one simple fact.
At the end of the day, warts and all, he is a good guy. A decent joe. Reliable, generous, and
I think as sincere as anyone, when it comes to things that matter. After all, does it really matter
if the HGH is bogus? Nope. Im not a fan, but I laid off of Noory after I was made aware of some
nice things he did. I'll take steady, dull, and a decent fellow, over the Queen of Grift any day.

Edit to add: Redact that baby!!!  ;D ;D

My only Noory experiences were the Art tribute show on MitD and for the small time I was on bellgab before it shut down, I'd see him post in the mitd thread wishing people happy memorial day, fathers day and when he was discussing Dave's first day I think. I thought overall that he is a nice and quiet kind of guy that doesn't like confrontation. Plus posting where he was usually attacked takes courage I think.