Author Topic: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader  (Read 3303176 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader
« Reply #16725 on: November 07, 2018, 09:49:48 PM »
I find the Basques very interesting.  They were a very insular people. 

I read a couple of books about Edgar Cayce years ago.
Basques and, dare I say it, I'm fascinated somewhat due to frequent radio caller about the Finno-Urgic types. Kuddos to "Bill from Madison"  and I think some other names like Will sometimes. Their is very cool stuff also about indigenous and just random cultures in Russia. The Sami also. And, of course, in SE Asia, Amazon, etc. I like it. Also like weird things about cultures who left to go elsewhere that still survive in a weird way. The Confederates who went to Brazil, white Africans, the whites in various Asians countries, mainly Dutch in many cases. The German colonies in South America. That stayed after colonialism or wars and now are a weird minority.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #16726 on: November 07, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
David Adair?
That guy is a verified genius who build our space program! Come on!  ;)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #16727 on: November 07, 2018, 09:52:22 PM »
That guy is a verified genius who build our space program! Come on!  ;)

Varafied?
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #16728 on: November 07, 2018, 09:52:56 PM »

Is Mercury in retrograde? I'm having a helluva time with electronic and communication devices. Where's Aquarius? I need an emergency horoscope cast
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #16729 on: November 07, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #16730 on: November 07, 2018, 09:55:18 PM »
Good example.
Many a C2C examples out there also. And they often spin good tales and I enjoyed. Believe? Nope. But not looking usually, for information or truth. And when the real folks are on such shows I find more fun their responses to callers or host who bring up wild theories!

Belles

• Purps
  • KNYE
« Reply #16731 on: November 07, 2018, 09:56:32 PM »
You didn’t learn the word “insular” in East Texas.

HAHAH.  Books...duh.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #16732 on: November 07, 2018, 09:56:48 PM »
Do you think he stuffed?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hugh G. Reckshun

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #16733 on: November 07, 2018, 09:59:18 PM »
HAHAH.  Books...duh.

How you doing Belles?
Are we having fun yet?

Belles

• Purps
  • KNYE
« Reply #16734 on: November 07, 2018, 10:01:20 PM »
How you doing Belles?

Fine, and you? It's pouring down here.  Flood warnings, etc.

Oh, by the way, it's SOUTHEAST Texas. Lol.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #16735 on: November 07, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »

Fine, and you? It's pouring down here.  Flood warnings, etc.

Oh, by the way, it's SOUTHEAST Texas. Lol.

Yeah yeah yeah.  We had some rain earlier but nothing really bad.  I spent 10 days up at my place in Limestone County and I had a hell of a storm up there one night.
Are we having fun yet?

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #16736 on: November 07, 2018, 10:09:59 PM »
Hi Ellsters.

I read an interesting book about Atlantis several years ago. Can't remember the title but the premise was Atlantis was a large mid-Atlantic continent that bordered all the way from the Azores to Bermuda and the Carribean islands. Not woo woo but highly advanced mainly agricultural civilization.  It did perish/sink overnight. Caused by an earthquake or volcano? Can't remember.

The remains are the the mid-Atlantic ridge and islands mentioned above. The Mayans, Egyptians and Basque are the direct descendants. Also the intriguing theory that the destruction of Atlantis allowed the shifting of ocean currents which allowed the Gulf Stream to end the Ice Age

I read the same or a similar book 20 years ago. I think this was a common theory before plate tectonics was understood.  The issue is the seafloor is spreading and adding mass from the center not devouring it like you would have in a subduction zone (like off the west coast of South America) and it is occuring over a period of hundreds of millions of years.

During the proposed time of Atlantis 50,000 years ago, today's modern day maps would still be accurate in showing the shape of the continents. Its not only the elephant in the living room, it would be like hiding the elephant in the living room.  :D

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #16737 on: November 07, 2018, 10:24:30 PM »
I read the same or a similar book 20 years ago. I think this was a common theory before plate tectonics was understood.  The issue is the seafloor is spreading and adding mass from the center not devouring it like you would have in a subduction zone (like off the west coast of South America) and it is occuring over a period of hundreds of millions of years.

During the proposed time of Atlantis 50,000 years ago, today's modern day maps would still be accurate in showing the shape of the contine
Ints. Its not only the elephant in the living room, it would be like hiding the elephant in the living room.  :D
The expanding earth theory is/was interesting. But don't forget: science never settled. Scablands and Great Missoula Flood is GREAT example.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #16738 on: November 07, 2018, 10:30:19 PM »

During the proposed time of Atlantis 50,000 years ago, today's modern day maps would still be accurate in showing the shape of the continents. Its not only the elephant in the living room, it would be like hiding the elephant in the living room.  :D

I just finished looking for the book for @Exile  . Scanned through all on Amazon but no luck. It was a garage sale or thrift shop or borrowed  beat up paperback.  I was thinking probably written in the 90's. Do remember the name of the book you read?
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #16739 on: November 07, 2018, 10:32:18 PM »
Is Mercury in retrograde? I'm having a helluva time with electronic and communication devices. Where's Aquarius? I need an emergency horoscope cast
I'm here... pm me, TL!  ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb