Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 21152 times)

PB

• Elluminati
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1245 on: November 12, 2019, 07:53:45 AM »
... Whew! Just finished watching the Niners/Seahawks game. That was exhausting...

I foolishly tuned in to watch the second half, the first sports I've watched lately.

SF is up two in the loss column to their division rival, Seattle, with five of their final eight games (incl this one) looking to be tough contests.  Going into OT, SF is without their top two receivers and not passing well.  Their kicker for a potential FG is a rookie fill-in in his first game

They get the ball with 1:40 on the clock deep in their own territory.  A tie leaves them still up the two games over their division rival.  Seattle has no timeouts left and can't stop the clock.

The main job here is to make sure Seattle doesn't get the ball back.  Just run the ball and kill the clock -  pick up a fresh set of downs then maybe pass once.  Get off the field without risking a loss.  Terrible clock management, terrible strategy based on all the drops, near interceptions, and other bad passes at the end of the 4th quarter and in OT.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Not aging well. Should have written a book.
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1246 on: November 12, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
I foolishly tuned in to watch the second half, the first sports I've watched lately.

SF is up two in the loss column to their division rival, Seattle, with five of their final eight games (incl this one) looking to be tough contests.  Going into OT, SF is without their top two receivers and not passing well.  Their kicker for a potential FG is a rookie fill-in in his first game

They get the ball with 1:40 on the clock deep in their own territory.  A tie leaves them still up the two games over their division rival.  Seattle has no timeouts left and can't stop the clock.

The main job here is to make sure Seattle doesn't get the ball back.  Just run the ball and kill the clock -  pick up a fresh set of downs then maybe pass once.  Get off the field without risking a loss.  Terrible clock management, terrible strategy based on all the drops, near interceptions, and other bad passes at the end of the 4th quarter and in OT.

The fix is in.

The Charger win proves that.
Eh, nevermind...