Author Topic: Exploits And Mitigation  (Read 7546 times)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
MicroSLOTH Once Again Fucks Over Its Userbase.
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »
Once again, M$ fucks over its user base. Win 7 is getting close to EOL, so they decided to slip in a backdoor disguised as a security update (for the 2nd time in as many years.)
They pulled the same shit with XP, pushing updates that hobbled the OS and made it run horribly slow - in order to force users to update.
Please understand this backdoor is stealing your usage habits and that that information is being sold to the highest bidder. Don't believe the WinBLOWS BullSHIT line that they want to better understand their customers in order to make a better product. This is outright theft and invasion of privacy - plain and simple.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3408496/new-windows-7-security-only-update-installs-telemetrysnooping-uh-feature.html

Since this is the Exploits and Mitigation thread, you may want to check out the following.
WARNING ! ! !    I Have NOT Vetted The Software Mentioned.
Please use due dilligence.

https://www.getblackbird.net/

The documentation in the above link goes into detail abot what the .exe does. If I was still running a Doze box, I'd probably be using this software instead of trying to manually disable it myself, then again...  .
One more thing, the author is of the same bent that I am - LOL.    "Fuck Google"   Heh, heh, heh.   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.  - Marcus Aurelius. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Senior Moderator
  • Elluminati
  • (O-TES)'(FSP)'(O-TES)'(FSP)
Re: Exploits And Mitigation
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »
I just love you.

I still have an in the box desktop computer with XP Home or XP Pro, not sure. Think it's from 04 or 05. I can't imagine starting it up and plugging it in to the shitty new world.

Also, are you a kickboxer and a chess player?
If you're going to give me dirty looks from your vehicle or flip me off in traffic I will follow you. Once I have your plate number, I have your address. And then I have you;)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2019, 02:13:48 PM »
I just love you.

I still have an in the box desktop computer with XP Home or XP Pro, not sure. Think it's from 04 or 05. I can't imagine starting it up and plugging it in to the shitty new world.

Also, are you a kickboxer and a chess player?
LOL - Yes.   ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.  - Marcus Aurelius. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Senior Moderator
  • Elluminati
  • (O-TES)'(FSP)'(O-TES)'(FSP)
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2019, 07:15:17 PM »
Yes.

@Whistler

That is soooo HOT! (Roy Orbison sound from song - pretty Woman) -> Eerrrggggghhhh  mercyaaahhh

I'm a real hunk ;D

Join us again, for the Young.. & The Restless..
If you're going to give me dirty looks from your vehicle or flip me off in traffic I will follow you. Once I have your plate number, I have your address. And then I have you;)

JayGab

• KIDD
  • Black Olives Matter
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2019, 11:32:11 PM »
Prognosis: A Board Of Septuagenarian Cat Ladies

juan

• Elluminati
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »
Dammit @Whistler I installed blackbird and it fucked up my computer seeing the network drive. I tried the fix from blackbird but it didn’t work. Then I had blackbird go back and reset everything to default and the computer still won’t open the drive. Windows troubleshooter can’t find the problem. A laptop that I did not install blackbird on still sees the drive, so the problem is with the changed computer. I should have known better.

If you’re thinking about installing this software, be careful.