Poll

This is a real scenario.  Regarding the salutation, "Have a nice day", GD believes

It is polite.
0 (0%)
It is too commanding.
0 (0%)
It is juvenile.
0 (0%)
No one actually means it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 28, 2019, 01:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Living With Grandma's Daughter  (Read 1447 times)

Sofia

• Elluminati
Re: Living With Grandma's Daughter
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2019, 02:51:26 AM »
And more negative surprises.  She claims not to be a Christian and it shows. 

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2019, 12:28:29 AM »
Last night, I volunteered to clean the oven.  No problem.  Then today she pulled a surprise & says a realtor will be here tomorrow.  I replied, "I wish you would have told me yesterday so I could have prioritized."  She didn't know what I meant.  I told her if she had let me know yesterday, I could have paced myself cleaning my areas which do show, instead of spending hours cleaning the inside of an oven.  She still doesn't really "get it".

It's just insulting.  As if my appearance, my impression doesn't matter at all.  She is so backwards.  You'd think she'd want my areas white glove clean so she could subtly mention to the realtor that I am looking for a private live-in care giving job, in case the realtor knows anyone.  Or subtly mention I'm here because I'm not getting enough office work, in case the realtor knows someone hiring.  But, GD won't do that. 

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »
Today's shift was cut by 4.5 hours.  Then it was cut by another 3 hours.  But I got paid for some.  How awful.  Not the first time lately.

Two prior employers did not declare my wages to Employment Security.  So, when I received my unemployment checks, they were substantially smaller than my entitlement.  What a shocking finding this weekend.  I'll have to contact them.