Author Topic: "Dark Skies"  (Read 258 times)

Robert

• KDWN
"Dark Skies"
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:47:51 AM »
On the Open Minds UFO program streamed last night on DMDN, in the context of discussion of a contemporary TV program, Dark Skies came up, as I expected it would, for brief mention.  Dark Skies was a serial on NBC TV ~20 yrs. ago, shown on such an irregular schedule it was hard to follow.  I remember watching some of it then w friends Ralph & Kathy in their living room, with them taking it seriously & me LOL.  I'd been taking the series as pretty darn good & funny satire, while Ralph & Kathy took it as, approx., "This is them releasing as much info as they can now."  I was especially LOL at the bit about having to cajole Bobby Kennedy to run for US senator from NY.

How do the rest of you remember it?

Morgus

• KDWN
Re: "Dark Skies"
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:21:32 AM »
Art Bell appeared in a couple episodes. He showed off his MJ12 badge from the show on his website back then.

PolkaDot

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:41:40 PM »
On the Open Minds UFO program streamed last night on DMDN, in the context of discussion of a contemporary TV program, Dark Skies came up, as I expected it would, for brief mention.  Dark Skies was a serial on NBC TV ~20 yrs. ago, shown on such an irregular schedule it was hard to follow.  I remember watching some of it then w friends Ralph & Kathy in their living room, with them taking it seriously & me LOL.  I'd been taking the series as pretty darn good & funny satire, while Ralph & Kathy took it as, approx., "This is them releasing as much info as they can now."  I was especially LOL at the bit about having to cajole Bobby Kennedy to run for US senator from NY.

How do the rest of you remember it?
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  ???
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

EarthAlien007

• KNYE
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 02:52:00 PM »

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »
It was meant to be NBC's answer to "X-Files," hope was to draw the same fans.  I remember the series as being silly, almost like an updated "Invaders." It didn't last a full season.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 03:09:25 PM »
It was meant to be NBC's answer to "X-Files," hope was to draw the same fans.  I remember the series as being silly, almost like an updated "Invaders." It didn't last a full season.

I heard last night that a new series is starting on the History Channel called “Project Bluebook”. It’s supposed to start January 8th. Not sure how Bill Byrnes missed that opportunity.
I am a rocket scientist. Please do not embarrass yourself by asking me to help configure your laptop.

Morgus

• KDWN
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »
I recall in a later episode, they replaced Art Bell with a different actor to play his part William Paley.

Here is the photo of his MJ12 badge Art put on his website back in 1996 from the show:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login