Author Topic: 2019 NFL Season  (Read 442 times)

PB

• Elluminati
Re: 2019 NFL Season
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
... new MNF commentator Booger McFarland...

Several years ago I was driving at night and there wasn't a thing on the radio, so I ended up listening to a San Jose St game on, I think, ESPN network.

I remember some lady was on the announcing team, and her voice was just godawful.  Really grating and obnoxious.  I don't really watch sports anymore, and hadn't seen a MNF game in quite some time, but one night a year or two ago I was flipping around the channels and began watching one.

Holt shit, that voice.  That lady was doing the Monday Night game.  Hell, I remember when MNF was an EVENT - they usually had the best game every week, and had some pretty good announcers.  But now...

I turned it off that night.  I think her name turned out to be Doris something.  Terrible.

TigerLily

• Purps
  • Ellightened
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bitchen Bart Babe
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 11:20:41 PM »
Several years ago I was driving at night and there wasn't a thing on the radio, so I ended up listening to a San Jose St game on, I think, ESPN network.

I remember some lady was on the announcing team, and her voice was just godawful.  Really grating and obnoxious.  I don't really watch sports anymore, and hadn't seen a MNF game in quite some time, but one night a year or two ago I was flipping around the channels and began watching one.

Holt shit, that voice.  That lady was doing the Monday Night game.  Hell, I remember when MNF was an EVENT - they usually had the best game every week, and had some pretty good announcers.  But now...

I turned it off that night.  I think her name turned out to be Doris something.  Terrible.

I remember that. I hated her. She announced. Once
No Spring nor Summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one Autumnal face - John Donne   Mabon Blessings

juan

• Elluminati
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2019, 03:35:17 AM »
Do you mean Beth Mowins? She’s terrible and seems to always use a mic bought at Woolworth’s for 99-cents.

PB

• Elluminati
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 04:43:37 AM »
Do you mean Beth Mowins? She’s terrible and seems to always use a mic bought at Woolworth’s for 99-cents.

Beth, that was it.

Zetaspeak

• KDWN
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 04:15:52 PM »
That lady was doing the Monday Night game.  Hell, I remember when MNF was an EVENT - they usually had the best game every week, and had some pretty good announcers.  But now...

When Sunday Night Football debut in 2006 and MNF went from ABC to ESPN at the same time is when MNF quality went down as SNF has become the main show. Even Thursday game seem to have better quality now that Fox has picked up most of the games. Monday got a lot of "left over" games, case in point this coming weekend has Browns vs Jets, which sound horrible (and I like the Jets)

Speaking of Thursday, who would have guessed Caroline Panthers being 0-2 and losing both their home games. Crazy how they might be already out of it being in a tough division with Saints and Falcons, losing those early home games and to who people consider the weak link in the division in the Bucks.

PB

• Elluminati
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »
... Speaking of Thursday, who would have guessed Caroline Panthers being 0-2 and losing both their home games. Crazy how they might be already out of it being in a tough division with Saints and Falcons, losing those early home games and to who people consider the weak link in the division in the Bucks.

I love it.  It wasn't all that long ago when their ass-wipe QB was insufferably displaying his lack of class during games, and telling other teams if they didn't like it they should stop him.   I wonder how that's working out for him now.

Last thing I remember hearing from him was the post-Super Bowl Q&A.  Still a favorite sports photo.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Purps
  • Ellightened
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bitchen Bart Babe
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2019, 12:12:13 AM »

Oooh! We're playing the Saints this weekend. I see many touchdowns in my future 🐱

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
No Spring nor Summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one Autumnal face - John Donne   Mabon Blessings