Author Topic: So What's The Deal With Baltimore?  (Read 59 times)

Scary Penis

• Senior Moderator
  • Elluminati
  • Honey Burst Les Paul Standard
So What's The Deal With Baltimore?
« on: September 16, 2019, 09:28:46 PM »
Excuse the Seinfeld impression thread title 8)

My wife flew out to said city very early Saturday morning.

Back up a few days, to when a company peer warned her to stay inside the downtown hotel (where she is currently sleeping by now) and if she MUST leave the hotel she must not stray more than two blocks in any direction from base.
Adding on; the cab driver from airport to hotel also warned her without being prompted virtually the same advice/warning!
Adding on to that! The desk clerk told her upon checking in about extreme racial tensions being one of many real problems within the city.
The Blue Jays are playing the O's this week so she'll be attending a game on Wednesday evening. Yay?

..So has Baltimore always been this bad? Surely not. The skyline albeit somewhat lackluster looks nice from some angles. I like skylines
It's never too late to start breast feeding again. Mmmm

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: So What's The Deal With Baltimore?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 09:33:57 PM »
Excuse the Seinfeld impression thread title 8)

My wife flew out to said city very early Saturday morning.

Back up a few days, to when a company peer warned her to stay inside the downtown hotel (where she is currently sleeping by now) and if she MUST leave the hotel she must not stray more than two blocks in any direction from base.
Adding on; the cab driver from airport to hotel also warned her without being prompted virtually the same advice/warning!
Adding on to that! The desk clerk told her upon checking in about extreme racial tensions being one of many real problems within the city.
The Blue Jays are playing the O's this week so she'll be attending a game on Wednesday evening. Yay?

..So has Baltimore always been this bad? Surely not. The skyline albeit somewhat lackluster looks nice from some angles. I like skylines

The new ball field is really nice. Or at least was. I saw a game there when it first opened. Baltimore is the murder capital of America. It’s a shit hole.
I am a rocket scientist. Please do not embarrass yourself by asking me to help configure your laptop.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellightened
  • Morg!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:59 PM »
The new ball field is really nice. Or at least was. I saw a game there when it first opened. Baltimore is the murder capital of America. It’s a shit hole.

Personally, I blame Chris Davis of the Orioles.

Dude makes 23 million a year and hits .172 after .168 last year...a drag on the whole city.
HWT-10K-B4-2020

StarrMountain

• Purps
  • Ellightened
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:27:14 PM »

But not for long, thanks to Scott Presler.  God Bless this young man. ;)

The Greatest Power, Is Love.