Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13121745 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #52755 on: November 19, 2018, 02:40:50 PM »
Sorry if there are repetitions here, it will be a while till I'm caught up.  See below.

Last one for now...
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #52756 on: November 19, 2018, 02:42:16 PM »
Ugh. And the odds swing back to the bf being the Nazi. Eww ...

That's what I thought, but in the screenshots I just posted she said it was a joke Art called her, and why not use it since she's being accused of so many things? This, I think, before she acknowledged being defiant.  :P

Edited to add: I see as I am catching up that some of this has already been posted, sorry for the repetitions.   ::)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #52757 on: November 19, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
this might already be answered but here goes:
since you recorded a live performance (no matter the source) and distribute said recording by any means (apparently including a backup on your own internal network -example copy it to a network storage device as part of routine backups) is piracy. and you are liable for that, not the performer. you have certain rights to parody and such, but the reality is the copyright holder will generally simply bankrupt you in court fees alone if you fight the issue.

if the performer distributes said copyrighted material by any means (the same as above) other than the original live performance (streamed, on terrestrial radio/tv/, etc) then they are liable for piracy of anyone elses copyrighted works used (bumper music, etc), with certain exceptions under copyright law (educational, parody, etc) if used without permission from the copyright holder, or other authorized entity. again if the performer fights it, the copyright holder may simply bankrupt the performer in court.
this is why weird al always asked permission from the copyright holder before releasing a parody of a song.
this applies to the US, other countries your mileage may vary.

disclaimer: i am not a lawyer and this isnt legal advice.

Wow, wr250, this is SO helpful and clear! I will forward this info to my friend immediately, as I suspected as much and don't want him to get himself into deep waters with some definitely open and risky behavior he's considering regarding a business podcast he listens to but doesn't subscribe to. Thank you! +1

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #52758 on: November 19, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »
She converted one of her lines to allow only people who had two drinks or something on Friday.

A summation of the potential issues from against her claim to support and uphold standards in broadcasting:

*I'm thinking its probably against some kind of broadcast standards and playing with fire for a show host or broadcaster to encourage caller inebriation for the same reasons you don't mention full names of a caller - the "potential to cause harm."  The Public and Broadcasting p. 13

Hypothetical: A person thinks they are being encouraged to drink and does just that and drives to the liquor store for more while calling in to the show and wipes out a family crossing the street. Presumption people will do the responsible thing is not enough.

*Heidi has been "doxxed" full name three times on air including maiden name. Even if she had some legitimate grievance with Heidi (actually even more if so) this is incredibly irresponsible.

*Leaving her post unattended with a caller (He could have said said anything subjecting her on-air affiliates to fines even if he innocently said "this is a f*ed up situation") The proper thing to do would have been start an early break or play (legal) music.

*HW has been promoting her own plan to trespass onto a military base and would not not be in control of others that may follow her at the proposed gathering. There is potential that this act may harm herself or others even if she tells her band of followers to stay put as she crosses the line.

*There is also the issue on how the sweepstakes/raffle was conducted.  It was not a random drawing among subscribers as she admitted on air she had chose to scroll the end of the alphabet on her computer screen.

What licensed over the air broadcaster would trust a show like this running late in the night?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #52759 on: November 19, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »
it looks like i finally made it to farcebook. thanks to Aquarius for the pic
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You're welcome. He was, I thought really obnoxious in the way he was behaving, meant to irritate and not really about getting the information from Dynamo. She clearly stated there was a reason she needed to wait to play her recording, and we all needed to respect that. Anyone who knows Dynamo even a little knows she would have no hesitation about playing or posting it (as she has since) once she's clear on the details and permissions, etc.

He had every right to ask the question but not every right to be a repetitive pest when he'd already been answered. Sigh.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #52760 on: November 19, 2018, 02:51:06 PM »
A summation of the potential issues from against her claim to support and uphold standards in broadcasting:

*I'm thinking its probably against some kind of broadcast standards and playing with fire for a show host or broadcaster to encourage caller inebriation for the same reasons you don't mention full names of a caller - the "potential to cause harm."  The Public and Broadcasting p. 13

Hypothetical: A person thinks they are being encouraged to drink and does just that and drives to the liquor store for more while calling in to the show and wipes out a family crossing the street. Presumption people will do the responsible thing is not enough.

*Heidi has been "doxxed" full name three times on air including maiden name. Even if she had some legitimate grievance with Heidi (actually even more if so) this is incredibly irresponsible.

*Leaving her post unattended with a caller (He could have said said anything subjecting her on-air affiliates to fines even if he innocently said "this is a f*ed up situation") The proper thing to do would have been start an early break or play (legal) music.

*HW has been promoting her own plan to trespass onto a military base and would not not be in control of others that may follow her at the proposed gathering. There is potential that this act may harm herself or others even if she tells her band of followers to stay put as she crosses the line.

*There is also the issue on how the sweepstakes/raffle was conducted.  It was not a random drawing among subscribers as she admitted on air she had chose to scroll the end of the alphabet on her computer screen.

What licensed over the air broadcaster would trust a show like this running late in the night?
This really puts things in perspective

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #52761 on: November 19, 2018, 02:52:44 PM »
Well Miller converses here so I would say yes.

Lasha is this you?

Is this me?

Posting this just because all that man shit on the video probably fires up Lasha's testes.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #52762 on: November 19, 2018, 02:53:34 PM »
LOL well I'd have to run the board myself as WR250 has plans. But you're probably right, I did just jinx myself, as well as the rest of our team.

I wonder if Art referred to his guns as pistols?
I also wonder who owns the rights to that interview. The now sudden acknowledgement of where she came from is strange as well. You couldn't pay her to say bellgab on air before and now she's proud. It's a strange turn of events.

What is weird about the term pistol? We even have a gang that uses the term: Hermandad De Pistoleros Latinos (brotherhood of the Hispanic gunmen.) I always figured/used "pistol" to mean a handgun that wasn't a "revolver"- so basically for semi-autos but, yeah, in normal use one would say "gun" or "weapon" I guess? But I wouldn't be shocked to hear someone say "pistol?"

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #52763 on: November 19, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »

Someone sent her their homemade soap. Soap? OMG. Was it painted/decorated like the rocks?  Ack ack ack. :P

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #52764 on: November 19, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »
@Aquarius, you can see I'm going to be catching up on this mess...

My 2¢ - Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

I should ask this, or at least Google it... I'm curious about the etymology of this "old saying." I'm sure somebody will say that there is a racist element to this but I do believe that old cookware was pretty much all black.

after what I felt was an incredibly successful day, now I got to catch up on this, yikes!

I hope my series of catch-up comments will be as entertaining as the great @paladin1991! Who's (RIP Ramona) quite entertaining and provides a great recap of events.

I've finally heard most of PBS, Dynamo, and wr250's little show from Saturday night, while driving in the car today. I loved hearing you talk, Sean, you really should be their guest sometime!  ;) +1

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #52765 on: November 19, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »
i would like to point out that as far as SNT goes, i am doing what 10's of thousands of others are doing, including KMEAT (MV used to dj there).
I can actually 'see' that.  the promo would probably go something like this:  "Free form Rock and Roll at its most fucked up.  Join Mike Vara as he grabs a fistfulva Kmeat!"

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #52766 on: November 19, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
This guy ruffled feathers a bit
It would be fun if Bill would link up with Heater, I would enjoy his rant a month later after she goes nuts on him.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #52767 on: November 19, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »

Good points. Luckily the hapless caller didn't curse, use racial epithets, or encourage riots or terrorism. He just babbled a bit, then silence, and than talked to his cat named Judas.  Their are also state laws in Nevada about sweepstakes/raffles in addition to various Federal laws. I also wonder about, or if, her replaying fake, or some real, old commercials during the show. It seemed at least like she was finding old commercials on youtube and playing them on her show.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #52768 on: November 19, 2018, 02:59:07 PM »
I take it as her passive aggressive way of slamming Airyn and Karen

Not so passive, imho. Directly "defiant" as she says, and openly aggressive, all but saying the words F*** you.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #52769 on: November 19, 2018, 03:01:13 PM »
My father in law needs to pay monthly to have live music in his restaurant so I don't know how streaming music without having to pay is legal no matter how many are doing it. I will research live performance and I am willing to admit if I am wrong though.

That's mighty white of you.