Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12598881 times)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54915 on: November 24, 2018, 06:53:04 AM »
TigerLily, we need Heather back soon! We need Heathe's fodder..

Can food and Thanksgiving talk carry this thread until Monday night?

Don't think so.

Love Heather

Heather. The New Falkie
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #54916 on: November 24, 2018, 06:53:35 AM »
The line from Bart about Art not being able to make it if he had started in 2018  has really hit home in my mind. Even as he was doing MITD he was fading away. Most forget this. The digital "information" age was the actual demise of his fame. No more "magic in the static" No more suspension of disbelief except for those guests that are very unbelievable to begin with. The real data is seconds away as are biographies, supporting facts, etc.

In parallel, Art was almost like the rock band that had a string of albums that were in the top 10 at one point and filling stadiums now barely able to get a new single that does better than #114 on the charts. The venues filed became 1000 to 1500. And they mostly play the old hits again and again with variations. Heather was the new lead singer most didn't like that brought the popularity of the old machine back down to the level of playing bars and county fairs with the remaining bit of the potential cash cow being vulturized and milked by people with white belts and flashy fake jewelry and a dwindling number of aging groupies. "I saw (the band) in 1983 at the Big City arena and you sound as good as you did then" is their call. Baloney!

And Heater is the bad tribute band

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54917 on: November 24, 2018, 06:55:45 AM »
One of my best friends is Chinese and, along with his parents and his wife, they run a small Chinese take-out.
There have been many late nights after the take-out has closed that I've eaten meals with them. Suffice it to say, I've politely turned down some dishes  ;D

One thing I admire, although it can be tricky, about the Chinese culture is that their children tend to live with their parents to take care of them as they age.
I'm not sure all Asian cultures are like that though.

The MSG they use in foods though is a little too extreme for me.
You put MSG on a turd it would probably taste great. Evil stuff haha

Steamed white rice every day along with veggies and a side dish of meat or fish was basically every meal.
That's not far off from my diet these days  :D

I blame Confucius
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54918 on: November 24, 2018, 06:55:52 AM »
In chili??? Not on your life, sir

Food fight!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is so funny. I can so see the gang here doing this. I can see Sean throwing the first pie lol.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54919 on: November 24, 2018, 07:00:59 AM »
There was a time not long ago I would have thrown myself on a gernade for Heather..
She was so captivating..her voice a siren's song.
Enchanting, spellbinding, dream weaving vixen.
I yearn.

#Legacy

I’m glad you saw the light, hang in there, someone worthy of your adoration will come along. I hear Amy Martin has a show!!  She has a great voice 

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54920 on: November 24, 2018, 07:04:48 AM »
I'm quite the hypocritical flesh devourer, I must say.  I cried and said a prayer for the poor beast when I had to cook my first Thanksgiving full turkey (all the parts attached).  I didn't know about the baggie of items inside the bird, until after he was baked.  Almost fainted when reaching inside him.  :-[

I had to smile when I read this, I did the same on my first turkey. There should be a statement in red on the packaging “ giblets in a baggie inside the turkey “. They put warning labels for everything else lol. I bet a lot of first timers do the same.

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #54921 on: November 24, 2018, 07:05:25 AM »
One of garret heater's sock accounts giving Heather an early morning pep talk. Wonder if he is worried that she may not come back from Thanksgiving break.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54922 on: November 24, 2018, 07:06:25 AM »
The cookbook I have - Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook from 1966.
I am amazed at how many recipes involve something set in Jell-O!

Old cookbooks really capture a culture in a moment in time. That is a presious item to pass down someday.  Thanks for sharing the pic.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54923 on: November 24, 2018, 07:09:02 AM »
I'm sorry, @timebandit I offer an animal hug picture to try to help you feel better. Not sure how you feel about cats, so please have koalas.

What a presious pic. It’s obvious to me most creatures respond to love and show love at times. What an awesome moment here.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54924 on: November 24, 2018, 07:10:50 AM »
Its so interesting to hear different listeners favourites from the archives. Almost everyone's are different.

The only show that every scared me was exorcisms with Bob Larson in 2001. Clips of demons coming through possessed people were played. Still gives me chills.

It took me awhile to be able to listen to the EVP's from G.I.S. without getting completely creeped out. I always had to turn them off and turn the lights back on to settle down again. Then they became my favorites. Nobody else ever came close to having EVP's like Barbara and Brendan

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54925 on: November 24, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
I had to smile when I read this, I did the same on my first turkey. There should be a statement in red on the packaging “ giblets in a baggie inside the turkey “. They out warning labels for everything else lol. I bet a lot of first timers do the same.

The only reason I never did it was because every Thanksgiving my mom tells her story about doing this with her first turkey

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54926 on: November 24, 2018, 07:18:35 AM »
Good anology. I think we can’t sell Art short for his talent tho. I think he would have been successful anyway, maybe not as big. Perhaps he would have picked a different topic of talk. The Paranormal is over exposed. I used to love it but lately even I have found it getting trite. There’s no denying Art had the gift for doing an interview and putting on a show. HW on the other hand showed she is not likeable and that causes everyone to question  everything she says and does. Who wants to listen to someone they don’t like. It’s that simple.

Its worse than the market being saturated. The infrastructure and conditions to make a new talk radio star on the backbone of a terrestrial radio network isn't there like it was in 1993. Its now the age of multimedia and social media madness and 15 minutes of fame.

That was what Bart was getting at, talent is only part of the equation. If there were an equivalent of Art that had a notion to take on paranormal talk in 2018 he would struggle just to get Jimmy Church numbers. If he had the right people around him he would get Dave Schrader big. The field is too fractured, fragmented and diluted to create any superstars. The time for this type of star is in a time capsule along with arena rock.*

Coast is a dinosaur propped up by a terrestrial radio conglomerate that continues under momentum alone. If it were to collapse tomorrow, nothing would replace it. The net result is the hundreds of smaller shows would get a temporary 1 or 2 % boost to their numbers and 40,000 shut-ins would run to Premiere with petitions from change.org with no result. Of course, they would call it a "conspiracy."

Something is up when some of these shows get 100 times the views on youtube after the fact than they ever had listeners to the original stream or live radio show.

What could have Art change to? Political talk? That market is saturated as well. Science talk? NPR snooze-fest?

*From the rock analogy in the last post it would be like comparing the cultural influence of Greta Van Fleet to the original Led Zeppelin. At best Greta fills a niche in the market and in the long run they will do pretty well, but they will not bring the 1970s back  ;D

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54927 on: November 24, 2018, 07:24:24 AM »
One of garret heater's sock accounts giving Heather an early morning pep talk. Wonder if he is worried that she may not come back from Thanksgiving break.

I didn’t listen last night. I couldn’t bear hearing her talk to Dynamo like that again. I also don’t want to bump her numbers. I wonder what they were last night ?

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #54928 on: November 24, 2018, 07:24:46 AM »
Sounds great, what time should I be there @Moosie ?

Come Christmas Eve and stay for New Year's ;D I promise you I eat high on the hog for that week  ;D
Praise BE

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54929 on: November 24, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »
It took me awhile to be able to listen to the EVP's from G.I.S. without getting completely creeped out. I always had to turn them off and turn the lights back on to settle down again. Then they became my favorites. Nobody else ever came close to having EVP's like Barbara and Brendan

I agree, they seemed honest. The simple fact it was real made it scary.