Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13127727 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #57045 on: November 29, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »
Blujay. Stop using my copyrighted pics.  You dont have the right. Stop now or u will heard from my informers

Posting your works online grants implied rights to everyone. When you post online in a "public" site (not restricted to members who agree to terms of service) you are presumed to know that anyone in the world can access the file, download a copy and view it, if not also save a copy of their own, and print a copy for their own private use.

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57046 on: November 29, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »
I'm a Midwesterner and I'd never touch either of those 3. Craft beers and IPAs or ippas as heather called them, for me!

I love the names of some of the local beers.. I saw one the other day named "Sweet Baby Jesus!" and cracked up right there in the supermarket aisle. I wondered what it tastes like, but I'm not a beer drinker so it would have been wasted on the likes of me.  ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #57047 on: November 29, 2018, 07:36:47 PM »
You mean "code nannies," don't you, Mr Apnea?  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #57048 on: November 29, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »
Oh, BRILLIANT, Albrecht! I just spit out my tea because of you. Really, I just loved this, so perfect. +1 because that's all I can give you now!
Thanks, though I don't abide by all the online board karma stuff. I try and sometimes I get a good scenario in my head with some of these folks (Norry, RCH, Heather, the various nutty guests...) one of these days a screen-play maybe. Haha. Unfortunately, it would be for a niche audience....

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #57049 on: November 29, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
Thanks, though I don't abide by all the online board karma stuff. I try and sometimes I get a good scenario in my head with some of these folks (Norry, RCH, Heather, the various nutty guests...) one of these days a screen-play maybe. Haha. Unfortunately, it would be for a niche audience....

Will they pee the dog onstage or off?
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #57050 on: November 29, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »
Will they pee the dog onstage or off?
There is a dispute between the ASPCA and SAG-ATFRA on this precise issue! How were you privy to these negotiations!?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #57051 on: November 29, 2018, 07:45:09 PM »
There is a dispute between the ASPCA and SAG-ATFRA on this precise issue! How were you privy to these negotiations!?

The microchip
Are we having fun yet?

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #57052 on: November 29, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »
Blujay. Stop using my copyrighted pics.  You dont have the right. Stop now or u will heard from my informers

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
Re: The Kingdom of Miller without Heather Wade
« Reply #57053 on: November 29, 2018, 07:45:56 PM »
Your informers are so colorful, Miller!  Lovely bunch, you are!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57054 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
Wow. Just wow. I've heard similiar stories before but this is amazing. It really is a case of tenacity. Do you think it prepared you for life in academia?

Wow, thanks for asking!

Ironically, PD, I was just about wrapping up my time teaching at a university at that time. I loved the teaching but hated the committee work and stupid politics. You think our politics are vicious? You ain't seen nuthin' till you've seen a bunch of ivory tower professors duking it out... really thorny. I just don't have the taste for it and resigned right before I was about to be given tenure. I thought if I stayed with tenure I'd probably never quit and would turn into another boring old professor stuck in one area... and I preferred to branch out on my own.

I've since taught as an adjunct for fun at a university in NYC, but that's really only because I like it, and they're intensive courses, like a whole weekend and a follow-up day a week later.

What it did teach me, which was very important to me at that time in my life, was that I had what it took to stick it out, stay determined, and make it work no matter what, which has served me well for the rest of my life so far.

When I had the Crohn's when I was younger, and a follow-up surgery to fix the scar a few years later, the one thing I was told (wrongly, thank goodness, as it turned out) was that stress could kill me, that I was very delicate, and should always be very careful and baby myself if I wanted to stay healthy at all. I had already put myself on a self-healing alternative medicine program and slowly rebuilt my health prior to starting the degree, and to my great relief I found out I was made of the stuff I had always hoped I was.  Don't like to have to do that, but I can if I need to.  ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57055 on: November 29, 2018, 07:48:38 PM »

I believe, others please correct me if I am wrong, but if you publish a photo on FB you do not own the copyright according to their terms of use. Just fyi.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #57056 on: November 29, 2018, 07:50:31 PM »
You mean "code nannies," don't you, Mr Apnea?  ;)
Yeah that works!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57057 on: November 29, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
Worst show I ever saw in Vegas. He was singing melodies with himself. Awful.

Ok, this is going to show my age.

I saw him when he was Bette Midler's pianist and arranger first at the Continental Baths in Manhattan, where she got her start, and then in her first concert at the Palace Theater in Times Square, where she gave him 3 songs to open the second half of the show. That was where he introduced "Could It Be The Magic" or whatever the title is...

Sigh. He was pretty good back then... and still in the closet despite having performed at the Baths, a very gay club that welcomed heterosexual patrons.

This is going back some!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57058 on: November 29, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »
Oh, the excitement! I just noticed this is my 3800th post, which means that sometime tonight I will likely have the same number of posts as the page I'm on. Perhaps I should play that number tomorrow? Eh? :D

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
« Reply #57059 on: November 29, 2018, 07:55:17 PM »
Good evening all! How is everyone doing tonight?