Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13125041 times)

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #52545 on: November 19, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »
I didn't think that was all that unusual, but I'm a retro-futurist luddite.
After all, you wouldn't call the below a laser gun - its a laser pistol  ;D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I would totally call it a laser gun! Ha!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #52546 on: November 19, 2018, 06:34:28 AM »
...and following up, re: the two versions of the skype call, this from a new member on WadeGab... Guess he has outed himself?

Good. I've a mind to post a question to him about 150 times....see what he thinks of that.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #52547 on: November 19, 2018, 06:35:41 AM »
Good morning gang. Tonight should be interesting.

I hope she can muster something besides fuss and threats to DH!

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #52548 on: November 19, 2018, 06:39:25 AM »
...and following up, re: the two versions of the skype call, this from a new member on WadeGab... Guess he has outed himself?
it looks like i finally made it to farcebook. thanks to Aquarius for the pic
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #52549 on: November 19, 2018, 06:41:35 AM »
this might already be answered but here goes:
since you recorded a live performance (no matter the source) and distribute said recording by any means (apparently including a backup on your own internal network -example copy it to a network storage device as part of routine backups) is piracy. and you are liable for that, not the performer. you have certain rights to parody and such, but the reality is the copyright holder will generally simply bankrupt you in court fees alone if you fight the issue.

if the performer distributes said copyrighted material by any means (the same as above) other than the original live performance (streamed, on terrestrial radio/tv/, etc) then they are liable for piracy of anyone elses copyrighted works used (bumper music, etc), with certain exceptions under copyright law (educational, parody, etc) if used without permission from the copyright holder, or other authorized entity. again if the performer fights it, the copyright holder may simply bankrupt the performer in court.
this is why weird al always asked permission from the copyright holder before releasing a parody of a song.
this applies to the US, other countries your mileage may vary.

disclaimer: i am not a lawyer and this isnt legal advice.

Ok, so with bumper music - how does one determine who the actual copyright holder is?  Is it the musician or the company they work for?

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #52550 on: November 19, 2018, 06:44:23 AM »
Some heather stupidity along with Craddock analysis of the new pic she released from two years ago or so

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52551 on: November 19, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »

Well, there's always story time ... :o

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #52552 on: November 19, 2018, 06:48:05 AM »
Ok, so with bumper music - how does one determine who the actual copyright holder is?  Is it the musician or the company they work for?
that is the question Art never found an answer to. ideally its the artist, but often the copyright is assigned to other entities by contract or for management reasons  (record label, lawyer etc).
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #52553 on: November 19, 2018, 06:55:38 AM »
Some heather stupidity along with Craddock analysis of the new pic she released from two years ago or so

The only way out might be to only refer to Bart Ell and the Ceiling Ghost.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #52554 on: November 19, 2018, 06:56:58 AM »
that is the question Art never found an answer to. ideally its the artist, but often the copyright is assigned to other entities by contract or for management reasons  (record label, lawyer etc).

Ok. Certainly emailing the artist is a good start, along with the radio stations etc.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #52555 on: November 19, 2018, 06:57:29 AM »

Thanks for the info by the way

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #52556 on: November 19, 2018, 07:05:40 AM »
When you call up a nut, and raise issues you know are going to hit a raw nerve, you can't expect the nut not to go after you. Especially with the retaliatory attitude she wears like the red badge of courage. You can't feel too bad about whatever comes when you get all up in a crazies business. This was exactly my concern last week when everyone piled onto me.
not well-liked, but right

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #52557 on: November 19, 2018, 07:07:56 AM »

Heh, not me!   :o

I wonder if she's going to feed her new mystery man when he visits

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #52558 on: November 19, 2018, 07:12:33 AM »
When you call up a nut, and raise issues you know are going to hit a raw nerve, you can't expect the nut not to go after you. Especially with the retaliatory attitude she wears like the red badge of courage. You can't feel too bad about whatever comes when you get all up in a crazies business. This was exactly my concern last week when everyone piled onto me.

I can weather the storm, I still haven’t listened to the show fully to hear the paypal doxxing stuff but that’s my next job when I have a moment. Intention to or actual doxxing via payment information from PayPal was a very poor choice of info to give out.

Someone mentioned she seems to have treated it like a purge, and if she is being honest with herself and her listeners about her provenance then good for her!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #52559 on: November 19, 2018, 07:17:10 AM »
I can weather the storm, I still haven’t listened to the show fully to hear the paypal doxxing stuff but that’s my next job when I have a moment. Intention to or actual doxxing via payment information from PayPal was a very poor choice of info to give out.

Someone mentioned she seems to have treated it like a purge, and if she is being honest with herself and her listeners about her provenance then good for her!

I'm sure you can! I only tuned in when you called in, but the stream was dropping out like crazy so only heard a few bits. I didn't know she gave out your information...but you of all people know how nutty this woman is. Surely you would've expected it?

I sincerely had a feeling that any of your criticisms or questions would lead to something like this.
not well-liked, but right