Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13124864 times)

Journey

• Ellevated
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #52575 on: November 19, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
Well, there's always story time ... :o

Oh no not that 🤮🤮🤮

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Flaming heterosexual
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #52576 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:16 AM »
LOL well I'd have to run the board myself as WR250 has plans. But you're probably right, I did just jinx myself, as well as the rest of our team.

I wonder if Art referred to his guns as pistols?
I also wonder who owns the rights to that interview. The now sudden acknowledgement of where she came from is strange as well. You couldn't pay her to say bellgab on air before and now she's proud. It's a strange turn of events.

I wonder if the police report included the word "pistol."
Eh, nevermind...

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #52577 on: November 19, 2018, 08:05:03 AM »
I wonder if the police report included the word "pistol."
well hopefully @SpookyTim  will have answers later on today at some point.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #52578 on: November 19, 2018, 08:05:40 AM »
that is the question Art never found an answer to. ideally its the artist, but often the copyright is assigned to other entities by contract or for management reasons  (record label, lawyer etc).

I now see why it’s just easier not to use music in podcasts. Thanks WR, you put this in terms I can grasp.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #52579 on: November 19, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »
@Aquarius, you can see I'm going to be catching up on this mess...

My 2¢ - Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

I should ask this, or at least Google it... I'm curious about the etymology of this "old saying." I'm sure somebody will say that there is a racist element to this but I do believe that old cookware was pretty much all black.

after what I felt was an incredibly successful day, now I got to catch up on this, yikes!

I hope my series of catch-up comments will be as entertaining as the great @paladin1991! Who's (RIP Ramona) quite entertaining and provides a great recap of events.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/127144/the-meaning-of-the-american-idiom-pot-calling-the-kettle-black

"The term “the pot calling the kettle black” is usually used in the sense of accusing someone of hypocrisy. The origins of the phrase date back to at least the 1600s, when several writers published books or plays which included wordplays on this theme. Despite suggestions that the phrase is racist or nonsensical, the meaning is actually quite obvious when one considers the conditions of a medieval kitchen.

Typically, pots and kettles were made from heavy materials like cast iron to ensure that they would last and hold up to heat. Cast iron tends to turn black with use, as it collects oil, food residue, and smoke from the kitchen. Both pots and kettles would also have been heated over an open fire in a kitchen. As a result, they would have become streaked with black smoke despite the best cleaning efforts.

Since both are black, the pot calling the kettle black would clearly be an act of hypocrisy. The act could also be described by “it takes one to know one,” and it suggests a certain blindness to one's personal characteristics. There is another explanation for the term, involving the pot seeing its black reflection reflected in a polished copper kettle. In this sense, the pot does not realize that it is describing itself.

One of the earliest written instances of the phrase appears in Don Quixote, by Cervantes. The epic book was published in the early 1600s, and had a big influence on the English language. Numerous terms and idioms have their roots in Don Quixote, such as “quixotic” to describe an idealist. Shakespeare also played with the concept in one of his plays, as did many of his contemporaries. The phrase has been twisted and expanded over the centuries, appearing in forms like “pot, meet kettle.”

Some people believe that the phrase is racist, since it refers to the surface color of the objects involved. These individuals might want to keep in mind that in a modern kitchen, the idiom might be “the pot calling the kettle silver,” in a reference to the fact that many modern pots and kettles are often made from polished stainless steel. In this particular instance, skin color has nothing to do with the idiom, except in the sense that both of the objects involved are the same color."

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #52580 on: November 19, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
Who calls it a pistol? Is this the old west. How in the hell did she get a gun? If one is being treated for mental illness are you allowed to have a gun? Seems like a bad idea to me.
Piss-tool?

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52581 on: November 19, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »
She's doubling down today on how they don't want her talking about art but she will anyway.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #52582 on: November 19, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »
I'm sure you can! I only tuned in when you called in, but the stream was dropping out like crazy so only heard a few bits. I didn't know she gave out your information...but you of all people know how nutty this woman is. Surely you would've expected it?

I sincerely had a feeling that any of your criticisms or questions would lead to something like this.

There are links here somewhere to the show and the call

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #52583 on: November 19, 2018, 08:09:11 AM »
A lot of jokes could be made about this one...

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #52584 on: November 19, 2018, 08:09:13 AM »
I now see why it’s just easier not to use music in podcasts. Thanks WR, you put this in terms I can grasp.
if media giants like rush limbaugh wont do it because its to costly,or they cant figure out how,  then there is no way anyone else can do it.
the music we use is licensed for non-commercial use.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #52585 on: November 19, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »
Piss-tool?
no thats miller. he uses it to pee on cats for some reason.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #52586 on: November 19, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
She's doubling down today on how they don't want her talking about art but she will anyway.

I take it as her passive aggressive way of slamming Airyn and Karen

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #52587 on: November 19, 2018, 08:12:29 AM »
A lot of jokes could be made about this one...

Thanks for posting these,  I stopped looking at her FB page sometime ago,  the diarrhea from her fans was too much.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #52588 on: November 19, 2018, 08:14:47 AM »
YAWN

Hi Mr. A, how was your weekend?

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52589 on: November 19, 2018, 08:15:32 AM »
I take it as her passive aggressive way of slamming Airyn and Karen

I think it's a miscalculation to go up against Airyn. Her fans are rabidly against us/Keith/etc, but I think a lot of them would have respect and sympathy for Art's widow. Not a smart battle for her to pick - especially with Airyn's statement out there for everyone to hear. Irrefutable what her wishes are and the harm Heather is doing.