Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13124313 times)

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #52620 on: November 19, 2018, 08:56:24 AM »
i vaguely remember something about trying to find hosts for MITD ,such as howard hughes, as well as others. as i understand it heather was not the 1st pick.

That's what I remember.  I think both Howard Hughes and Bateman said so on their podcasts (bateman's old one). There might have been others but Heather definitely wasn't the first choice. Another lie?

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52621 on: November 19, 2018, 08:57:12 AM »
Like it or not Art sold her his guest house and wanted her to host his show. There is no reason for her not to talk about him and I would love to hear a full show of her time with Art.

Decency. The reason is decency and basic compassion for a widow who, by all accounts, has been nothing but kind to her.

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52622 on: November 19, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »
Well Miller converses here so I would say yes.

Lasha is this you?

And Time Bandit who definitely disagrees with most about the appeal of Heather's intro.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #52623 on: November 19, 2018, 08:59:48 AM »
Who calls it a pistol? Is this the old west. How in the hell did she get a gun? If one is being treated for mental illness are you allowed to have a gun? Seems like a bad idea to me.

Yes by both Federal and State law it appears legal

Federal
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/identify-prohibited-persons

NV

Nev. Rev. Stat. § 202.360.

A person shall not own or have in his or her possession or under his or her custody or control a firearm if the person:

Has been adjudicated as mentally ill or has been committed to any mental health facility by a court of this state, any other state, or the United States;

Has been found guilty but mentally ill in a court of this state, any state, or the United States; or

Has been acquitted by reason of insanity in a court of this state, any other state, or the United States.
Praise BE

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #52624 on: November 19, 2018, 09:00:07 AM »
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/127144/the-meaning-of-the-american-idiom-pot-calling-the-kettle-black

"The term “the pot calling the kettle black” is usually used in the sense of accusing someone of hypocrisy. The origins of the phrase date back to at least the 1600s, when several writers published books or plays which included wordplays on this theme. Despite suggestions that the phrase is racist or nonsensical, the meaning is actually quite obvious when one considers the conditions of a medieval kitchen.

Typically, pots and kettles were made from heavy materials like cast iron to ensure that they would last and hold up to heat. Cast iron tends to turn black with use, as it collects oil, food residue, and smoke from the kitchen. Both pots and kettles would also have been heated over an open fire in a kitchen. As a result, they would have become streaked with black smoke despite the best cleaning efforts.

Since both are black, the pot calling the kettle black would clearly be an act of hypocrisy. The act could also be described by “it takes one to know one,” and it suggests a certain blindness to one's personal characteristics. There is another explanation for the term, involving the pot seeing its black reflection reflected in a polished copper kettle. In this sense, the pot does not realize that it is describing itself.

One of the earliest written instances of the phrase appears in Don Quixote, by Cervantes. The epic book was published in the early 1600s, and had a big influence on the English language. Numerous terms and idioms have their roots in Don Quixote, such as “quixotic” to describe an idealist. Shakespeare also played with the concept in one of his plays, as did many of his contemporaries. The phrase has been twisted and expanded over the centuries, appearing in forms like “pot, meet kettle.”

Some people believe that the phrase is racist, since it refers to the surface color of the objects involved. These individuals might want to keep in mind that in a modern kitchen, the idiom might be “the pot calling the kettle silver,” in a reference to the fact that many modern pots and kettles are often made from polished stainless steel. In this particular instance, skin color has nothing to do with the idiom, except in the sense that both of the objects involved are the same color."

"Geez," as Norry might say. I have to watch myself. I guess I'll just keep calling a spade, a spade.

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52625 on: November 19, 2018, 09:00:42 AM »
I have a picture in my head of him just passing the mic. I would bet she didn’t get anything but a pat on the  back and a “make it your own” statement. I really think she is making up all these “Art rules”. He didn’t even clean out his desk. From the way he walked away from things historically ( including his own kids), it’s logical to believe he dropped it in her lap. She is living in a made up world of idol worship in my opinion.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thunderclap

• KIDD
« Reply #52626 on: November 19, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »
i would like to point out that as far as SNT goes, i am doing what 10's of thousands of others are doing, including KMEAT (MV used to dj there).

My father in law needs to pay monthly to have live music in his restaurant so I don't know how streaming music without having to pay is legal no matter how many are doing it. I will research live performance and I am willing to admit if I am wrong though.

steve

• KDWN
  • I like bacon
« Reply #52627 on: November 19, 2018, 09:02:44 AM »
@Aquarius, you can see I'm going to be catching up on this mess...

My 2¢ - Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

I should ask this, or at least Google it... I'm curious about the etymology of this "old saying." I'm sure somebody will say that there is a racist element to this but I do believe that old cookware was pretty much all black.

after what I felt was an incredibly successful day, now I got to catch up on this, yikes!

I hope my series of catch-up comments will be as entertaining as the great @paladin1991! Who's (RIP Ramona) quite entertaining and provides a great recap of events.

I believe there would only be a racist element to the old saying if the pot called the kettle a nnnnevermind.
I cleaned up my masturbating ghost problem by using Wood Spirit

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #52628 on: November 19, 2018, 09:03:15 AM »
Yes by both Federal and State law it appears legal

Federal
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/identify-prohibited-persons

NV

Nev. Rev. Stat. § 202.360.

A person shall not own or have in his or her possession or under his or her custody or control a firearm if the person:

Has been adjudicated as mentally ill or has been committed to any mental health facility by a court of this state, any other state, or the United States;

Has been found guilty but mentally ill in a court of this state, any state, or the United States; or

Has been acquitted by reason of insanity in a court of this state, any other state, or the United States.
Thanks moosie. I knew you would answer. lol.

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52629 on: November 19, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
Fairly sure that would be an amazing euphemism.

Ha! When you said you were out "around the cricket pitch," I thought that had euphemism potential as well. A delightful way to describe a crazy person (not you!).

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #52630 on: November 19, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
Can some kind soul who can atm cut me a portion of the show on friday where the police came to the house? Enough to give context to what is going on there for say an outside party to use in a news piece?
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #52631 on: November 19, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
Ha! When you said you were out "around the cricket pitch," I thought that had euphemism potential as well. A delightful way to describe a crazy person (not you!).

I’m on the cricket pitch generally means I am placing dog shit in small plastic bags! LOL
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #52632 on: November 19, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »
i vaguely remember something about trying to find hosts for MITD ,such as howard hughes, as well as others. as i understand it heather was not the 1st pick.

That’s correct. I seem to remember an interview with Art where he mentioned that. Also Keith addressed that too. Keith made it sound like they threw HW on the show because she agreed and Art was just done.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #52633 on: November 19, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »
That’s correct. I seem to remember an interview with Art where he mentioned that. Also Keith addressed that too. Keith made it sound like they threw HW on the show because she agreed and Art was just done.
i think art was done because he knew he was to ill to proceed.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #52634 on: November 19, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
I’m on the cricket pitch generally means I am placing dog shit in small plastic bags! LOL

In that case, it's rather like what we do with Heather's show. Metaphorically speaking ...