Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13118967 times)

comaphobe

• KDWN
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54690 on: November 23, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
Back then we raced shit and didn’t even think about a helmet. Now days they say you’ve got to put a helmet on a kid just to jump in the ball pit.

I'm that guy who is usually physically removed from the Go Kart track before all my laps are used up. I make the attendants chase me around the course. Usually for playing bumper cars with friends or anybody who tries to get in between us. I tried to pull that shit in Niagara Falls in the summer but they killed my power remotely. WTF remote killswitch?? I am also banned from renting golf karts from 3 country clubs and 2 public courses.

I have had about 8 concussions in my life, 3 were bike stunt related. One time in the mid 1980s I had amnesia for 3 days and had no idea who I was or where I lived. I still ride without a helmet but do not attempt stunts anymore. I refuse to own a BMX and I even gave my last skateboard away because I am too old and it's just too dangerous. If I'm too injured or sick to go to work there is nobody else to do my job. I have a permanent limp from an elevated stunt gone wrong in 1990 and then I aggravated it in 2003 when a Zaxxon cabinet fell on me after we bought it from a crackhead on the street, he probably bought 5 rocks with what we gave him for the arcade machine. I got crushed about 2 hours later while moving it up some steps when the dolly gave out and the wheels folded and the thing tipped over on me. I blacked out, it was that heavy. It was a freak accident. I literally nearly got killed by Zaxxon. If the other guy wasn't there to lift the cabinet off of me I would have probably lost consciousness and went code blue.

I still ride bike often but mostly commuting. It's faster than subway and the clientele on the train these days makes me too grumpy so I avoid at all costs even if it's 20 below zero. I go through about 3 bikes every 18 months because of theft and vandalism, or I get hit by a car who is clearly not paying attention, then they drive off because they know they will be hanged by the system. I got hit head-on the summer before last when some other asshole on a bike was clearly looking at his phone playing Pokemon Go while doing a brisk clip. Hits me on the opposite side of the street going the wrong direction. I was stopped still with no time to react as his approach speed was too fast to even consider moving, I just braced for impact. I was too injured to be mad. I started to throw a tantrum and tossed my twisted bike but when I relized how bad I was injured I just walked away. Plus the other guy was mildly retarded so I felt it was better to just walk away without escalating a shit situation into something even worse. I called work and told them I was going to be late while I assessed the situation. I have a picture of the bike I think I posted it at Bellgab when it happened. That phone hit the ground last week so I don't know if I even have that pic anymore.
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #54691 on: November 23, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #54692 on: November 23, 2018, 05:46:13 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Woodlice.  We call them potato bugs.

We call them carpenters.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #54693 on: November 23, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »

Richard Groyper

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellightened
  • Liquid Richard
« Reply #54694 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
did the humanoid stack of shit quit again? terrible, if true.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54695 on: November 23, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »
I tried to pull that shit in Niagara Falls in the summer but they killed my power remotely.

You could have played real life bumper cars at the Falls today as the mist freeze took over.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54696 on: November 23, 2018, 05:56:37 PM »
Everybody poops.  Even tater.

ROFL!!! That’s hysterical BJ

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54697 on: November 23, 2018, 06:03:01 PM »
Let's do it! 

I think aunt, caught, caramel, lawyer gave me away.  Of course, the night before Halloween was the nail
in my dialect coffin.

We are from similar areas. I’m just north of Detroit, small world.

Richard Groyper

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellightened
  • Liquid Richard
« Reply #54698 on: November 23, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »
shooting steaming hot loads of poutine coast to coast. woo!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54699 on: November 23, 2018, 06:07:33 PM »
You could have played real life bumper cars at the Falls today as the mist freeze took over.

Those icicles on the lampposts are lovely!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #54700 on: November 23, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »

I think the mist is heavier now than it used to be. The wall of highrises have affected the wind circulation over the gorge and the shit just lingers now. I was there twice in the summer and the ground was incredibly soggy and recently repaved. I don't know if it has snowed there recently, but all of that stuff in the picture totally looks like frozen mist jizz to me. The falls will probably freeze over again this year, it's already February weather and it's not even December yet. They used to freeze about once every 100 years, but so far they have frozen in a suspended state twice in the past 5 years.

They had the anti-Ackbar barriers up along that stretch in the summer... Like where those ugly construction pylons are in the pic.
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #54701 on: November 23, 2018, 06:13:17 PM »
We are from similar areas. I’m just north of Detroit, small world.

Yep!   Seems like there are a few of us Rock and Rye folk about...................................

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54702 on: November 23, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »
There are some questions that one really does not want answered..........................

I hope both of her cats are there lol?  Sheesh it looks mummified 🤮

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54703 on: November 23, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »
Yep!   Seems like there are a few of us Rock and Rye folk about...................................

I loved rock and rye from Kidnostado and also Town Club. I remember going to the town club store and getting a case of pop. I think it was 24 bottles. They had so many flavors of pop to choose from. My brother and I each got half the case to pick our flavors. I don’t know if they’re still around.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #54704 on: November 23, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »
I hope both of her cats are there lol?  Sheesh it looks mummified 🤮