Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13117528 times)

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54765 on: November 23, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »
@Bobs Your Uncle I'm afraid after such horrific suffering nothing but the best part of a cow would suffice at Christmas and the tastiest part of a pig for New Years.

Sounds great, what time should I be there @Moosie ?

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54766 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:48 PM »
A woman I knew in NYC who was known as a cat whisperer (helped people manage difficult cats, integrate cats into households with dogs, etc...) said people may think they "own" dogs but cats see us as their humans.  ;)

I like your theme!

lol. Look at the signature I just added
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #54767 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:11 PM »
Actually, I was wondering that exact thing. Why? did you have to have a vegetarian Thanksgiving meal? Whose decision was that?  ::)

I'm a team player. And the only one who eats meat.

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #54768 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »
Tootsi, why not try participating and not being snarky or wisecracking at people, thus drawing negative responses to you? If you're not comfortable doing that, why keep provoking people here? Why not go back to posting about positive things you like, with comments that contribute to the discussion as you used to? Just a suggestion... then I think you might not be so ignored.

Your posts are such contrasting moods, super nice and then very snarky... very hard to know what to think or to tell when you are sincere and when you are not. And lastly, please stop mixing in Bellgab stuff and comments here in Ellgab, for those of us not involved in Bellgab it's really irritating.

I'm not criticizing you here, just trying to give you some helpful feedback. I hope you take this in the spirit in which I mean it.  :)

Tootsie, as Art misquoted John Lear many times "never go to the light, its a trick". Art learned years later directly from John,
that he never said "never go to the Light"

Do two negitive make a postive or will we have to wait and make our own choice. Light or Darkness?
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54769 on: November 23, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »
Tootsie, as Art misquoted John Lear many times "never go to the light, its a trick". Art learned years later directly from John,
that he never said "never go to the Light"

Do two negitive make a postive or will we have to wait and make our own choice. Light or Darkness?

i.e. Praise or Smite? Putting your karma in strangers' hands. It's a fun little game but really means little

Hoping you had a nice Thanksgiving and are doing well, @tootsie_wootsy
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54770 on: November 23, 2018, 09:23:18 PM »
lol. Look at the signature I just added

LOL, love it!  ;D ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54771 on: November 23, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »

Well, if it's a team, I think they should accommodate you, too, to make sure you feel part of the team! Just sayin... if you want me to come on over and negotiate on your behalf with them, lmk. I'm up for defending you, sir! (no reference to HW here, please!  :P)

On the other hand, if you want to maintain your good relationships with them, maybe think twice about taking me up on that offer.  8)

Edit: as a person who has some food restrictions, I always offer to bring a little something I know I can easily eat if they are preparing something  I know I can't eat. I'm a good sport, I'll even go to restaurants where I know in advance I can't eat the food, but I'll always find some small accommodation so as not to squash anyone else's good time. But since I'm there, too, it seems only fair to look after myself too, as long as it doesn't interfere with others. I know vegetarians can be very anti-meat, but still... there are ways to make this work. I hope you will not have to do this again too soon! <GGG>
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54772 on: November 23, 2018, 09:30:27 PM »
Well, if it's a team, I think they should accommodate you, too, to make sure you feel part of the team! Just sayin... if you want me to come on over and negotiate on your behalf with them, lmk. I'm up for defending you, sir! (no reference to HW here, please!  :P)

On the other hand, if you want to maintain your good relationships with them, maybe think twice about taking me up on that offer.  8)

I know vegans who swear they get nauseated by the smell of meat. And swear they can smell a meat-eater. We cast some kind of noxious odor, according to them

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54773 on: November 23, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »
Now that is truly taking one for the team.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54774 on: November 23, 2018, 09:32:58 PM »
I know vegans who swear they get nauseated by the smell of meat. And swear they can smell a meat-eater. We cast some kind of noxious odor, according to them

I don't like the smell of raw meat, but if it's cooked, I don't mind it. I'm not a vegan though. I like hamburgers and hot dogs too much.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54775 on: November 23, 2018, 09:35:48 PM »

Yes, well, if I'm invited to a dinner and the only choices I will be given are foods that involve spices or vegetables or strong oils that create revolt in my insides, I will be sure to clear with them in advance and let them know I'll have to bring an alternative if I'm to join them. I may not bring meat, but it will be something I can eat and like and is satisfying. In the worst case, I'll just have a nice meal before going and enjoy the company but not the food.

In the past I was famous among my friends for going with them to Thai restaurants, for example, and being happy with plain jasmine rice while I was with them, having eaten something else beforehand. <g>

Fortunately in recent years I've been successfully been able to gradually incorporate all kinds of veggies, etc. that I was never able to digest thanks to a rigorous supplement program and a very gradual introduction of new foods. Go figure! <g>

There's always some way to meet (not meat?) in the middle, sez me. And if not, maybe I shouldn't be hanging out there, anyway?

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54776 on: November 23, 2018, 09:36:28 PM »
Its all the shards of bones and gristle stuck in our teeth, the blood under our fingernails and various odors as we burp up the gizzards and liver I think. If I meet one I only ingest light meat that day so I can surprise them in true predator style!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54777 on: November 23, 2018, 09:38:40 PM »
Its all the shards of bones and gristle stuck in our teeth, the blood under our fingernails and various odors as we burp up the gizzards and liver I think. If I meet one I only ingest light meat that day so I can surprise them in true predator style!

LOL! Tactics learned from Dyna?  ;)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54778 on: November 23, 2018, 09:41:05 PM »
I don't like the smell of raw meat, but if it's cooked, I don't mind it. I'm not a vegan though. I like hamburgers and hot dogs too much.

I'm about 70% vegetarian but love an occasional good steak or cheeseburger with the works. And thoroughly enjoyed last night's turkey. The vegans (different from vegetarians) I know are all pretty militant

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54779 on: November 23, 2018, 09:43:53 PM »
LOL! Tactics learned from Dyna?  ;)
She has taught me quite a bit including the joys of batting prey back and forth a bit before the crackling neck bite.  ;D