Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13117489 times)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54780 on: November 23, 2018, 09:44:23 PM »
I know vegans who swear they get nauseated by the smell of meat. And swear they can smell a meat-eater. We cast some kind of noxious odor, according to them

The Viet Cong could detect American troops by their "meat-eating" smell, it was said.  Maybe there is something to it.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54781 on: November 23, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »
Its all the shards of bones and gristle stuck in our teeth, the blood under our fingernails and various odors as we burp up the gizzards and liver I think. If I meet one I only ingest light meat that day so I can surprise them in true predator style!

We're all like Texas Chainsaw Massacre to them. Be sure to stay downwind to sneak up on them
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54782 on: November 23, 2018, 09:47:50 PM »
I'm about 70% vegetarian but love an occasional good steak or cheeseburger with the works. And thoroughly enjoyed last night's turkey. The vegans (different from vegetarians) I know are all pretty militant

I tried the vegetarian lifestyle once. My downfall was little smokies with sweet barbeque sauce that had been cooked in a crock pot. It was a delicious fall, if I do say so myself ^^;
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #54783 on: November 23, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »
The Viet Cong could detect American troops by their "meat-eating" smell, it was said.  Maybe there is something to it.

More likely it was the beans.
Are we having fun yet?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Flaming heterosexual
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #54784 on: November 23, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »
Anybody know anything about New York Institute of Technology or Arcadia U?

I can read scores and all but anecdotal conveyances add dimension.

Kid's back of the line alternate schools.  USC is still number 1.
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54785 on: November 23, 2018, 09:49:56 PM »
I tried the vegetarian lifestyle once. My downfall was little smokies with sweet barbeque sauce that had been cooked in a crock pot. It was a delicious fall, if I do say myself ^^;

What good is a sin if you don't enjoy it?
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54786 on: November 23, 2018, 09:53:15 PM »
What good is a sin if you don't enjoy it?

I owe you a +1 for that as I already upped you for your sig.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54787 on: November 23, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »
I tried the vegetarian lifestyle once. My downfall was little smokies with sweet barbeque sauce that had been cooked in a crock pot. It was a delicious fall, if I do say so myself ^^;
Now that is a real idea for this week. Like a sweet chili? I have a crock pot around here...
Anyone remember this cookbook?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54788 on: November 23, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »
Which 'coon? A young baby one or a mama one?

How adorable!  In a mama coon's age, lol.  Just love the way mama wrangled the little straggler into bed.   ;D

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54789 on: November 23, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »

I bet there is

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54790 on: November 23, 2018, 10:00:18 PM »
Now that is a real idea for this week. Like a sweet chili? I have a crock pot around here...

My mom had that in her kitchen!   :)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54791 on: November 23, 2018, 10:00:48 PM »
I owe you a +1 for that as I already upped you for your sig.

Thanks, Cat. The thought is at least as good as the actual praise ... almost  ;)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54792 on: November 23, 2018, 10:02:53 PM »

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54793 on: November 23, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »

I wouldn't call it chili, just because it didn't have any beans. I want to say it was just little smokies in some sauce mix of bbq and maybe Worcester sauce. There wasn't anything else in the crock pot.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #54794 on: November 23, 2018, 10:07:26 PM »
Well, if it's a team, I think they should accommodate you, too, to make sure you feel part of the team! Just sayin... if you want me to come on over and negotiate on your behalf with them, lmk. I'm up for defending you, sir! (no reference to HW here, please!  :P)

On the other hand, if you want to maintain your good relationships with them, maybe think twice about taking me up on that offer.  8)

Edit: as a person who has some food restrictions, I always offer to bring a little something I know I can easily eat if they are preparing something  I know I can't eat. I'm a good sport, I'll even go to restaurants where I know in advance I can't eat the food, but I'll always find some small accommodation so as not to squash anyone else's good time. But since I'm there, too, it seems only fair to look after myself too, as long as it doesn't interfere with others. I know vegetarians can be very anti-meat, but still... there are ways to make this work. I hope you will not have to do this again too soon! <GGG>

Thanks @Aquarius for having my back. It's actually not too bad. I've cut back on eat meat and they eat fish so that works out ok. I guess we're supposed to eat fish a couple of times per week? That works for me.