Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13119102 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54825 on: November 23, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
Spaghetti, chili with beans, meat.  Pretty much the only chili I ever liked, lol.  I don't really like chili as a general rule.  As a kid, I remember everybody who ate it had the trouser trumpets all night.   ;)

That’s a sure sign you weren’t getting enough fiber!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54826 on: November 23, 2018, 10:47:46 PM »
Tiger! Smite me or I will consume you!Really! My karma is stuck on 666! Hep me! Hep me pleeze!

You're now at 668. Do you want me to smite you to get you on your way back to 666? Standing by
For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #54827 on: November 23, 2018, 10:49:26 PM »

She doesn't want the outside world influencing the relationship, so she posts about it on social media. I think she's trying to keep her followers entertained and sending money and gifts. And they are wanting to name her new pet.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Call him "YOUR Jeti"
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #54828 on: November 23, 2018, 10:49:48 PM »
The tastes all came together somehow.  I worked in a restaurant where the truckers loved chili and eggs.  It was an occasional special, I think.  I was gagging as I brought it to their table.   ???

As we know from a certain poster truckers have cast-iron stomachs. And seek out great food. When on a family roadtrip "where do truckers eat?" Ha. I blame their need for crazy food, in quantity, and tar coffee on regulations, bans on little white pills, and drinking laws. And commies.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #54829 on: November 23, 2018, 10:53:10 PM »
Oh, ok. Sorry about the mess

But you found the gif?! Now, if only I could get the negro "dance with our date" for use in other thread or site. A classic.   :D

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #54830 on: November 23, 2018, 10:56:52 PM »
No beans in chili?  Them's fightin words down in these parts, kind sir!   ;D

Chili is one of those things like goulash (which also has a cowboy-cooking backstory, btw) which started out purely as a meat preparation commonly served on or over various things that convenience soon dictated be mixed in.  Properly, goulash is tough beef crusted in paprika slow-cooked until tender with maybe an onion and a pepper, but these days can cover anything from a vegetable stew to a pasta dish.

Maybe we've found the Finns at last, or at least their Magyar cousins!  The Finno-Ugric origins of chili would make a great three-hour show. 

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #54831 on: November 23, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »
Oh, @pawpourri! That must have been a shock. You have my deepest sympathies but that really made me laugh. I still can't cut up a whole raw chicken. I buy just the parts I want

TL, honestly, I can't cook or eat things that look like they did while alive.  I buy bottled bacon bits and square fish filets.  I had mild flashbacks after a Chinese feast where guys competed for the eyes of the poor baked fish on a platter.  God, I'm a pussy.   :-*

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #54832 on: November 23, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »
TL, honestly, I can't cook or eat things that look like they did while alive.  I buy bottled bacon bits and square fish filets.  I had mild flashbacks after a Chinese feast where guys competed for the eyes of the poor baked fish on a platter.  God, I'm a pussy.   :-*
My husband is like this too and I really don’t understand it. Don’t you want to know what you’re eating?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #54833 on: November 23, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »
Chili is one of those things like goulash (which also has a cowboy-cooking backstory, btw) which started out purely as a meat preparation commonly served on or over various things that convenience soon dictated be mixed in.  Properly, goulash is tough beef crusted in paprika slow-cooked until tender with maybe an onion and a pepper, but these days can cover anything from a vegetable stew to a pasta dish.

Maybe we've found the Finns at last, or at least their Magyar cousins!  The Finno-Ugric origins of chili would make a great three-hour show.
Not a Finn...they are a weird type who, somehow, infiltrated Nordic cultures and hockey and some forms of racing (a conspiracy there worthy of speculations, bold assertions, and shows!)  Bill might have ideas on such.

Btw, how did you know I through in some paprika in chili? Not a great heat but a nuance spice. Is there are difference between banana peppers and perrconis (this for spaghetti sauce)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54834 on: November 23, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »

My grandma made goulash with ground beef, macaroni noodles, tomatoes, black pepper and other spices and I think a mixture of tomato paste, and a little bit of ketchup.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #54835 on: November 23, 2018, 11:04:59 PM »
Thanks @Aquarius for having my back. It's actually not too bad. I've cut back on eat meat and they eat fish so that works out ok. I guess we're supposed to eat fish a couple of times per week? That works for me.

Aha! Fish is a good option then! <g>
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54836 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:13 PM »
But you found the gif?! Now, if only I could get the negro "dance with our date" for use in other thread or site. A classic.   :D

Best I could do

For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain,
There are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Flaming heterosexual
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #54837 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:43 PM »
Do vegans swallow semen?

Asking before I am insulted by any vegan chicas.

🙄
Eh, nevermind...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #54838 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »
Stroganoff, yum

K_Dubb

• Elluminati
« Reply #54839 on: November 23, 2018, 11:06:59 PM »
Not a Finn...they are a weird type who, somehow, infiltrated Nordic cultures and hockey and some forms of racing (a conspiracy there worthy of speculations, bold assertions, and shows!)  Bill might have ideas on such.

Btw, how did you know I through in some paprika in chili? Not a great heat but a nuance spice. Is there are difference between banana peppers and perrconis (this for spaghetti sauce)

We should suggest that Bill be a guest in his own right.  When you consider that the mild varieties of paprika commonly used for goulash are a relatively recent development, the line between chili and goulash becomes very blurry indeed.